Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: greddy header installed

Default greddy header installed

I wanted a stainless steel header and I found a deal on a new one. looks great and took about an hour to install. anyone can install this part, its easy and you should definitely do it yourself. pics:

stock

aftermarket

side by side

Looks great man, might want to get some heat wrap for those A/C lines, though..... It will look great with your new headers, too!
    '04 SRT4 [Black] - 13.46 @ 102.9 (2.09 60') - R.I.P. 1999 Civic EX Turbo
    Dyno Proven - 234.6whp / 250.9tq 13.66 Video

What kind of header is that? How much was it? Feelin' any noticible power gains?

Uhhh, I believe the title of this thread is "Greddy header install". Just a little obvious...

after driving around for the afternoon, the car revs up faster and feels stonger. but the most noticeable change was the quietness of the the exhaust on the highway. it almost sounds stock. I like it a lot.

That's why I love my Greddy EVO. I would get tired of a fart can real quick...

yeah i'm curious of how the greddy header performs also, at least it looks nice
    -Red '97 hatch-

F/S:
    '00 GSR P72 OBD2(b) ECU
    OBD2(b) to OBD1 jumper harness (skunk2 style)
    Brand new Axxis brake pads for 99-00 Civic Si (front & rear)

PM me if interested

here is a pic from today. I drove around all morning and then took this pic:

whoa crazy, i didn't know the ceramic headers changed colors like that, looks pretty tight though
    -Red '97 hatch-

F/S:
    '00 GSR P72 OBD2(b) ECU
    OBD2(b) to OBD1 jumper harness (skunk2 style)
    Brand new Axxis brake pads for 99-00 Civic Si (front & rear)

PM me if interested

this a stainless steel header. I think when they get older they turn blue and other crazy colors...

nice looks hot .. thumbs up on the choice of header too ...and when did you get nitrous ...what brand are you running such as n.o.s. or zex..etc and how large of a shot are you running?
    92 Integra Rs for sale =*(
    92 #665 Aztec Green Integra Gs-R for sale =*(
    05 milano red RSX Type S

I've had a nos kit w/ a zex bottle for a while. its a fogger system w/ a purge setup. I made that sig last night but I haven't installed the kit yet. I'm doing it today along w/ a B&M fuel pressure regulator. right now its setup for a 75 shot.
    I don't think that I'll use the nitrous that much. my car is already pretty quick.

I ran a 4.6L mustang today. I jumped him off the line (ie. one second before the light actually turned green, I went ). I had about car on him until 3rd gear and then he blew by me. I thought my junk was messed up. but then at the next light I talked w/ him and found out he was running a 150 shot. fag. it would have been my first mustang kill w/ the new motor.

LOL!!! That just goes to show that you don't know what the hell the person next to you has under the hood! Good one!

niceeeee ....so how much did the kit cost you including the purge and the fuel pressure reguator .etc... I have a zex kit but im looking to sell it for a n.o.s. kit im looking for a wet shot ...im prob goin to sell my zex kit to my boy or throw it on ebay ....

Oh and my boy has a 5.0 mustang and he hit 150 with more to go and he also runs a 150 shot lol ...dam pony power lol ...
    92 Integra Rs for sale =*(
    92 #665 Aztec Green Integra Gs-R for sale =*(
    05 milano red RSX Type S

Quote Originally Posted by another_civic
    I've had a nos kit w/ a zex bottle for a while. its a fogger system w/ a purge setup. I made that sig last night but I haven't installed the kit yet. I'm doing it today along w/ a B&M fuel pressure regulator. right now its setup for a 75 shot.
    I don't think that I'll use the nitrous that much. my car is already pretty quick.

I ran a 4.6L mustang today. I jumped him off the line (ie. one second before the light actually turned green, I went ). I had about car on him until 3rd gear and then he blew by me. I thought my junk was messed up. but then at the next light I talked w/ him and found out he was running a 150 shot. fag. it would have been my first mustang kill w/ the new motor.

What year 4.6?

I didn't ask the yr. but it was this generation:

all black, dual borla exhaust...

My SS header looks bronze like that too, it's about 6 months old.
    85 Toyota Corolla GT-S
    95 Mazda Miata R

wassup wit ur spark plug cover??

do u plan on doing cams?? JUN Stage III are sikk

VTEC opens up nice

BTW can u post a vid, if u can. (i.e. in car, fly by)

the spark plug cover was jacked up when I got it. So I sanded it down and spray painted it w/ a couple coats of black pearl paint. I like it.

It would be cool to upgrade the cams but anything past stage 1 will involve upgrading the springs/retainers/valves... or at least if you want it done right. its more money than I'm willing to spend for 50hp. I'd rather run a 50 shot and spend 1/4 of the amount of money.

I made a clip of the motor reving, nothing special. right click and save as:

http://12.96.161.117:8105/images/reving2.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by another_civic
    the spark plug cover was jacked up when I got it. So I sanded it down and spray painted it w/ a couple coats of black pearl paint. I like it.

It would be cool to upgrade the cams but anything past stage 1 will involve upgrading the springs/retainers/valves... or at least if you want it done right. its more money than I'm willing to spend for 50hp. I'd rather run a 50 shot and spend 1/4 of the amount of money.

I made a clip of the motor reving, nothing special. right click and save as:

http://12.96.161.117:8105/images/reving2.wmv
    1/4 of the amount of money? i dont think so. a good nitrous setup, u know with bottle heater and purge system and stuff will run you close to 800 bucks, which happens to be about the cost of a set of good cams. add on the cost of filling the bottle all the time and you have your stage 2 cams and retainers and stuff. and even if u only go w/ a stage 1 cam, its still a good idea to upgrade your valve train.

'00 Civic Si

nobody said bottle heater, purge...
    there is a brand new NOS kit on ebay right now for $450 and in the classifieds there is another kit going for $350

I called acura a while back and got a price quote for an integra R valve train: cams, lost motion assembly, springs, valves... over $1500. aftermarket parts are more expensive. (jun, toda, skunk2)

1/4 of 1500 is 375 which is what a used 50 shot of nitrous would run you. quit bustin my balls.

did you look under the hood of your SI yet?

no doubt.

kool clip

any more??

I don't have anymore as of yet. I'll post more, when I make more...

how much was the header?

Thread Information