Thread: Supercharged D16z6

Default Supercharged D16z6

hey i have a stock D16z6 in my car .. the engine is still low in mileage (70k) .. I feel that i just cant swap it out ... ive always liked forced induction .. i'm beginning to see that a supercharger would be better for my engine then the previous thoughts of turbo (i always loved a nice turbo) has anyone here supered a SOHC vtec?... and if u have who makes a good charger .. ive only seen jackson (not cheap at all tho about 3k)
    1987 Porsche 944

I had a friend with a JRSC and I handed him his ass all the time after I spooled up. They're quick off the line though....
    '04 SRT4 [Black] - 13.46 @ 102.9 (2.09 60') - R.I.P. 1999 Civic EX Turbo
    Dyno Proven - 234.6whp / 250.9tq 13.66 Video

jackson is the only kit for the sohc motors, that i know of. so unless there is some obscure company, then thats it. turbo>supercharger on a honda imo. you'll have some traction issues with the supercharger.

'00 Civic Si

turbo>supercharger on a honda imo.
    92 Integra Rs for sale =*(
    92 #665 Aztec Green Integra Gs-R for sale =*(
    05 milano red RSX Type S

Turbo also requires a lot more work...a supercharger is a good mod if you wnat more power and keep it reliable

supercharged cars only put down around the 140 to 150hp range, for around 7 psi, with a turbo on the same motor u would see much more power, and u can up boost to get more, out of the same motor. I wanted to supercharge my d series, but looking at the price and power that you get, it's such a waste of money.
    i suck dick for cock faggots. i love it! my mom also sucks dick for coke but only niggga dick

i like the sound of the ease and reliablity of a super .. with a turbo on a single cam i would never boost over 10 regardless because i wouldnt be doing the heavy motor work.. JRSC claims a definate 40%+ ..and im sure they are speaking in terms of 5/6 psi .. thats a 50 hp gain .. i thought it sounded good? lol keep in mind ..im a turbo fan ..always was.. but super sounded like the better way for a single cam
    1987 Porsche 944

I knew a supercharged 00 EX and it was slow as shit. Best time with a 10 lbs. pulley was 14.7. I'll take snail boost any day.

snail boost....hehehe i love that term.

turbo it...ive heard alot of people talk the jsrc down. and i knew a guy with a 00 si coupe who was only hittin high 14's with the jsrc on the b16a

The JRSC isn't worth the money or time.
    '04 SRT4 [Black] - 13.46 @ 102.9 (2.09 60') - R.I.P. 1999 Civic EX Turbo
    Dyno Proven - 234.6whp / 250.9tq 13.66 Video

thanks for the opinions guys .. i guess i stick with the turbo idea then .. but i know i wouldnt be able to do any work to my motor .. all id be able to afford is a greddy and an intercooler by the time i save up .. with that id prolly blow my motor eventually ..
    1987 Porsche 944

just get a GReddy turbo kit.

Its basically bolt-on if u know what ur doing.

i thought that turbos had a lot more lag than superchargers....i thought if u wanted reliability u go with a supercharger..i thought if u wanted more power u go with a turbo...is one actually better than the other?

Default -

Does the original Alice, Alice Liddel have any descendants? If so,what generation would they be today? When was Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass written?

Thread Information