Thread: Weird noise 2000 Integra LS hydro tranny

Unhappy Weird noise 2000 Integra LS hydro tranny

First time posting so I can't post any links, so below is the text for the link to my video showing the issue I have. Please copy and paste into your browser, minus the quotation marks of course. Might need to add https and www first. Thanks.

"youtube.com/watch?v=sdAEM6Vvv-4"

2000 Acura Integra LS, stock
    B18B1
    S80 Hydro Transmission
    134k miles

Here's a video showing the noise I have in the tranny. Removed the tranny to do a clutch job and heard a clunking sound as i turned the input shaft. It only makes a sound on the initial turn, as if there was some free-play. But there is no lag between the turning of the input shaft and the differential, i.e. as soon as the input shaft turns, so does the diff. There is no play in the input shaft, neither front to back nor side to side. I didn't have any symptoms of a bad input shaft bearing prior to pulling the tranny, no whining or clunking noise, no difference in sound when I engaged or disengaged the clutch, etc.

Any ideas of what it could be? Thanks. Please let me know if the link does not work.

Default Hi everyone. I need to help

Hello. I am ltonser. And i need to help. hmmm

nothing to worry about check the input shaft thrust is with in spec and if you have a noise when you put the transaxle back up and you still have a noise check your wheel bearings i have done that mistake where i thought it was the tranny and it was just a shot wheel bearing

Thread Information