Thread: muffler vibrating when accelerating

Default muffler vibrating when accelerating

has anyone had this problem. IT seems that the rubber loops that keep it from touching the under carriage are not pulling it down far enough. I could probably fix the issue with some screw clamps but then the muffler will no longer have the shock absorbing qualities of the rubber. I put some padding between the muffler and the under carriage and that stopped the sound but I can't keep it there because I think it will catch fire. Any ideas? Will replacing the rubber loops help?

Quote Originally Posted by truspark View Post
    has anyone had this problem. IT seems that the rubber loops that keep it from touching the under carriage are not pulling it down far enough. I could probably fix the issue with some screw clamps but then the muffler will no longer have the shock absorbing qualities of the rubber. I put some padding between the muffler and the under carriage and that stopped the sound but I can't keep it there because I think it will catch fire. Any ideas? Will replacing the rubber loops help?

EDIT

both hangers are intact, I took them off and the muffler is still pressed against the undercarriage. The vibration is definitely coming from the muffler hitting the metal. Looking at videos online the muffler should be hanging lower when the hangers are removed, very odd. I backed into a parking stop not too long ago, I think it may have pushed the muffler inward, I'll have to inspect further back on the exhaust system to see if any of the other hangers have moved. It doesn't seem to be bent anywhere

Yo dawg dats just da VTEC hitten so hard most modern cars can't handle that cam lobe change yo, it must shake or it'll snap in half and shit.
    Geo Metro Type-R
    JDM 3-1 Header
    JDM Integra Type-R EMBLEM conversion
    Bling Bling hubcaps dats spins backwards
    Super-Swoop 5" exhaust through megafied muffler for enhanced sound
    Quad-Whislte Tip Performance Muffler tip

I got techniques drippin out my buttcheeks
    Sleep on my stomach so I don't fuck up my sheets, huh

WORD

A local fab shop welded a bracket on my exhaust so that it won't vibrate.

Thread Information