So here it's what happened. I just picked up my 91 Accord about 2 weeks ago. All has been well so far until yesterday.
I was driving, all of a sudden, it cut off. Make a long story short, when I pulled over and pooped the hood, to my surprise, a plug was missing and the plug write was laying across the valve cover. Luckily, I was able to get a new plug, and it threaded in just fine so the last owner must have left one loose.
To add to this, when the plug shot out, out broke a vacuum line on the back of the intake that went to a solenoid on the firewall. I replaced these hoses as well.
Now? It won't start. Just cranks and cranks. I pulled a plug out, plugged out in and grounded it and cranked, and I am getting no spark whatsoever. So something got zapped when the plug was out, and I tried restarting before I seen what it was.
From what I have read so far, it points to either the coil or the igniter. I checked all the fuses, I unhooked the battery for a bit to reset the computer, and nothing. I just can't afford to be throwing parts at it. Not sure if it's relevant but the tach isn't moving when I crank it, but I'm not sure if it is supposed to.
So any tips or hints or suggestions would be appreciated, like what should I check and how.
Thanks in advance,
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)