Thread: jap D15b any way to take off the timing belt cover without removing head?

Default jap D15b any way to take off the timing belt cover without removing head?

so I changed over my transmission. I accidently put the car in reverse while going down a hill which is why I had to change it. I meant to put in neutral. anyways since then the car has gradualy started to make weird sounds and the engine vibrates. ive traveled about 20 miles total since the swap. I think its only at low rpms but maybe thats just because the exaust noise drowns it out at high rpms. im trying to check if something is amiss with the timing belt but I would like to be able to take off the timing belt cover to inspect it before I go much further. It would be nice to know if that is the problem before I start tearing things apart.

also what are the best aftermarket crankshaft pulleys to buy and which are the chinese ebay imposters? I think I may need a new crankshaft pulley.

also what are the best aftermarket crankshaft pulleys to buy and which are the chinese ebay imposters? I think I may need a new crankshaft pulley.

Download Software

You shouldn't have to remove the head....pretty sure you have to remove the valve cover tho....but that is only 4 bolts.....as far as a crankshaft pulley .....you pretty much will never "need" to replace one the pulley doesn't wear....all that touches it is rubber belts.....the only reason you would change is to lighten it and change the size "underdrive pulley".....I don't think this is your case tho

Thread Information