Thread: 2007 TSX Check Emissions Message

Default 2007 TSX Check Emissions Message

Hello. I just found this forum and it looks great. My niece has a 2007 TSX which I am going to help maintain. Her Check Emissions light came on and she also got a message to check her gas cap which she did. Check Emissions light remains. I'll be pulling the codes this w/e so will know more later. In the meantime I downloaded the Repair Manual for the 2003-2007 TSX but the actual download says 2004. So, my first question is, are there significant differences between the 2004 and 2007 TSX at least as far as the Check Emissions message goes. Thanks.

Did you unhook the battery to reset the ecu for the gas cap? It is one thing to tighten the gas cap, but you need to reset the ecu/ This is done by unhooking the negative terminal of the battery for 10 seconds.
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP
    You should know that by being a racing driver, you are under risk all the time. and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win, and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, its not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, I race to Win, as long as I feel its possible Ayrton Senna

Quote Originally Posted by FknTkn View Post
    Did you unhook the battery to reset the ecu for the gas cap? It is one thing to tighten the gas cap, but you need to reset the ecu/ This is done by unhooking the negative terminal of the battery for 10 seconds.
    Thanks for responding. I was mistaken. She did not get the Tighten Gas Cap message. We got the code read at Autozone and it was P0128 with no other codes pending. I found a Honda Service Bulletin which talks about corroded pins on ECT2 which can throw P0128. I'll check this, radiator fan operation and the other ECT sensor. If these all check out, I'll replace the thermostat.

Does this sound like a good plan? Can I use an aftermarket thermostat or should I buy Acura OEM? Thanks.

Thread Information