Thread: ISP Reliability

Default ISP Reliability

This question is for my restaurant. Currently we have ATT DSL and it blows asshole chunks all over the place. The credit card machine goes down at least twice a day from a lost connection. Hilarious is that my counter girl just came into my office and told me the internet was down again as I am typing this

I can either A.) Upgrade to their UVERSE internet or B.) Switch to Comcast Xfinity .

Which will improve my reliability. Need to get this taken care of fast.

Wing It On

xfinity would definitely be better, especially business class, but really anything from DSL would be an upgrade. you could probably just use a regular home cable modem from comcast and be set...

Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    xfinity would definitely be better, especially business class, but really anything from DSL would be an upgrade. you could probably just use a regular home cable modem from comcast and be set...
    this

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    this
    second this.

is FIOS available out there?

Images

start your own ISP.

Wings and Internet, shit son, get a gym in there and I wouldn't need to shop anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by sfd View Post
    second this.

is FIOS available out there?
    I wish....would be my obvious first choice.

Wing It On

only problem with Fios is unless you are moving a fuck ton of data through your business (can't imagine y u would be) you are just wasting money. yea it's fast but i can't think of any little business (not related to IT) that couldn't manage without something more robust than just a cable modem. fuck that's what i use and we have like 8 goddamn machines in our household...

dont fuck around. get comcast. itll have plenty of speed for what you are doing.

Thread Information