Thread: Check out this case.

Default Check out this case.

I was looking for some fans recently and found a company called COUGAR on newegg. I just found that they make gaming cases as well (only 2 atm). Check these things out, they seriously thought of everything you could possibly need for a gaming case and they arent even that expensive. Some of the best features: Built in removable/washable dust filter for your bottom mounted PSU as well as sliding mounting brackets for your PSU. Built in fan controller on the roof of the case. Cut outs for water cooling lines. Cable management slots that have rolled edges to avoid damaging cables or your hands. If this case goes on sale this christmas, I may be rebuilding my system with it.

COUGAR Evolution gaming case
    "those are gay as fuck." - FknTkn

"Thanks for your input FknTkn." - Kingkodo

"no prob man." - FknTkn

wow nice case, and awesome price.

I was going to buy a bigger case to fit my new crossfire card but I might just wait for this one
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Also wanted to add - It has a 50$ combo deal with a 25in HP monitor right now, you almost never see gaming hardware combo with monitors! I am seriously having a hard on for this thing right now. I received 4 of the COUGAR fans yesterday and they are built very very well too! Its a win win win!

"no prob man." - FknTkn

Quote Originally Posted by KingKodo View Post
    Also wanted to add - It has a 50$ combo deal with a 25in HP monitor right now, you almost never see gaming hardware combo with monitors! I am seriously having a hard on for this thing right now. I received 4 of the COUGAR fans yesterday and they are built very very well too! Its a win win win!
    this is a lot more words and effort than just entering your CC and shipping info on newegg. 100 bucks for a case isnt bad period.

buy 2 of them and sell the other case on CL...keeping both monitors. dual 25s NICE.

Its decent looking case too
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Yeah, no flashy lights, and the fans are very quiet and move a ton of air - 100CFM at 17Db. They have variable speed fans as well, which would be perfect for this case.

"no prob man." - FknTkn

I like it. Looks cool. But after owning a full tower case, I'll never go back to mid tower for me personally. This would be great to recommend to other people though, looks a lot nicer than the Antec 900.

Nice case. I never spend over $50 though simply because I seem to mangle every case I own. Some door will break or hinge will bend or get scratched to death.

it's a mid... yay

Well to be fair, a Coolermaster HAF932 is only about an inch to an inch and a half longer and taller. This COUGAR case has a couple inches on my smilodon case.

"no prob man." - FknTkn

not bad... a little heavy on the hex pattern vents and looks sort of generic but for a (bigger) mid tower it seems pretty roomy. never even heard of the brand but the case is getting good reviews from most tech sites and online retailers.

Appearently they have been around for a while, but they only sell a few products. When they do release some of their stuff for sale, it sells out very quickly and disappears until they come out with new models. Their fans are all 5 eggs as well as this case. I dont even think it has anything less than 5 come to think of it.

"no prob man." - FknTkn

Got the case and monitor combo. The case has great cable management features, it looks really clean. I am just waiting on some low profile corsair RAM before I finish the transplant.

I have mounted a 120mm 109CFM fan on the front intake, top exhaust, rear exhaust and bottom intake, as well as a 140mm cougar fan on the side panel for exhaust pushing 117CFM. All the cougar fans are silent with less than 20 decibels. Did I mentions the case has a built in fan controller that can control up to 6 fans?
    Attached Images Attached Images

"no prob man." - FknTkn

yea it def looks pretty clean, i like it. diggin those orange fans too!

my 790fx is still being really finicky so i think i may get rid of it soon. i've tried 3 different ram kits and two CPUs. sometimes it boots up fine, sometimes it doesn't; i have no idea what its deal is. i wanted a decent AMD machine as a secondary but it doesn't look like that will be happening, oh well...

I have had great success out of my 4x2 gig sticks of reaper hpc ddr3 and my 730w raidmax PSU. I had to tune the RAM up to 1600 but it has been running fine. I am replacing the RAM since the new heatsink sits over two of the ports, dunno if you would be interested in it. It is the fastest ddr3 1600 ever made...

"no prob man." - FknTkn

yea it's probably not gonna do me any good... this board didn't seem to like ddr3 1600 (which i still have actually) so i bought some g.skill 1333 modules. if these don't work im officially done with it so buying more ram is no longer an option lol, thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKodo View Post
    Got the case and monitor combo. The case has great cable management features, it looks really clean. I am just waiting on some low profile corsair RAM before I finish the transplant.

I have mounted a 120mm 109CFM fan on the front intake, top exhaust, rear exhaust and bottom intake, as well as a 140mm cougar fan on the side panel for exhaust pushing 117CFM. All the cougar fans are silent with less than 20 decibels. Did I mentions the case has a built in fan controller that can control up to 6 fans?
    Hey so what do you think so far of the case? I'm building a computer for a friend of mine. He wants something quieter than an average gaming rig. How is the noise levels on this so far? Do you feel you need those extra fans?

Do you think there is enough room to fit a big size video card?

I like it, no lights, all black. It has a very sleek look to it and the orange of the fans gives it a very pleasing contrast. I would add at least one of Cougar's fans for a top mount exhaust. I ended up adding a top, bottom, and side 140mm, and the system makes much less noise than my old case that had significantly less airflow. Just keep in mind, the fans arent cheap, they are around 15$ for the 120mm. Something else to keep in mind is that this case has a fan controller that can control up to 6 fans on two channels.

I am pretty sure it can fit any video card. I have two 6850s in it and I have plenty of space. It was easy to work on for the most part. Hard drives are side mounted with removable trays. The trays are drilled to mount SSDs. The cable management was a little tight at times with the larger power cables, but I managed to hide every. single. cable. behind the back panel. There is so little clutter, it looks like there arent any cables in it at all. This is my first case with real cable management capability, so, it took me alot longer to get everything organized.

All in all, I would recommend this for anyone.

"no prob man." - FknTkn

pics?
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

pics?
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Thread Information