Thread: F22 vs H22

Exclamation F22 vs H22

I have a guy that wants to run our cars but he has a h22 and i have an f22.
    Is there any legit way that I could make my f22 stay up to par without having
    to switch motors or any major upgrades? Also his is standard and mine is an
    automatic so if anyone has any helpful insights pplleeaassee let me know.
    O_o[God BlesS]o_O

96 Honda Accord EX aka "Project Hoopty"

There are 2 downsides to your car.

1) F22B1. It's a TERRIBLE design for performance. The valve angles are poor, and the port design is extremely restrictive. In short... it sucks.

2) OBD2. Not that it's a huge problem, but OBD1 is much more forgiving, and easier to tune for an amateur.

Your best option would be turbo. You can buy or build a turbo kit fairly cheaply, though keep in mind the cheaper you go, the less reliable it will be. If your engine is in good shape, it should be capable of well over 200hp. Easily enough to beat an H22. You would just have to get a properly sized turbo (small turbos create lots of heat, which will kill your engine in no time), and a good fuel management system (professionally tuned.)

Other than that... I would check out www.Bisimoto.com for some good parts... camshaft, header, cam gear... Again, tuning would be wise.

OR, the easiest solution... drop $600 on a Zex nitrous kit. A 75 shot would take care of an H22.

www.cb7tuner.com - 1990-1993 Honda Accord forum
    www.cd5tuner.com - 1994-1997 Honda Accord forum

I say no way if his H is a H22A or other well known JDM H motor I say leave it alone H motors were like big blocks compared to F motors (most or them anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by RipperIII View Post
    I say no way if his H is a H22A or other well known JDM H motor I say leave it alone H motors were like big blocks compared to F motors (most or them anyway)
    What other well known JDM H motor is there? Especially since he already specified H22.

It's not a "big block"... it's a 2.2L, just like the F. The problem is with his F22B1 head.

OP, you could always swap on an F22A head that has been ported and polished. The F22A head has more potential than the H22A head.

LOL I know its not a big block i wuz saying that figuratively speaking. Most big blocks are in the 400 ci range and up except chevy 400 small block. (& other small exceptions) A H22 as u said 2.2 liter is roughly a 134 ci engine. H22A is JDM H22A1 is USDM and them there is a list of H22 this H22 that long story short H22A was about as good as H motors got. All I know is I had a F22B1 in my Accord GAve it HELL then went H22A w Tranny and the works and w a lil work here and there for small CHEAP ponies it was a HUGE step from my old F any and every day ... but like texas said the bottle will feed it nicely u should win w the bottle long as u kinda know wut u doin an DONT BLOW IT UP ... but i like to call that the cheata system unless competitor has turbo or super charger ... but nitrous would probably be quickest cheapest easiest bet on a quick win... but if u Kno about heads an headwork go ahead... i'd say port polish intake w the right head an a nice size throttle body small cams header exhaust should do it an it will still be there when u done w everything nos dissapears oops time for a refill ching ching ching
    Last edited by RipperIII; 08-16-2010 at 09:22 PM.

but that guy also had standard vs auto. standard jus seems to do better sometimes enless u got a goood automatic like limited slip differential and the right gear ratio and the right size tires and rims and if applicable shift kit or similar set up like tuning a TCU to get better shifts.... by the way i misspelled some words lol ... I Forgot U were the one talking bout nos in the first pace not tex sorry giving credit where it is not due ... Like u said tuning always a great idea especially after adding some aftermarket parts so u can get it all to work together well...

oh yea y is the head the problem anyway the H motor had a longer stroke hence higher compression hence mo horsepower its not all the heads fault its weak the H had a Better setup from top to bottom especially for NA the F havin lower compression ratio would be slightly more suitable for turbo/nos unless u biuldin a straight race car then I say H22A TURBO !!! 24 to 1 compression ratio lol bored out w some serious pistons set of nice big cams serious port an polish cam gears and super tuning for like hours and days make sure she is right

Man, you sure say a lot for a guy that doesn't know what he's talking about...

I'm friends w. the guy that wants to race. That I know of he really hasn't done much than just swapped the engines and I "thnk" he has new pistons. But he has told me that I'd more than likely beat him bcuz he doesn't have a vtech set up, and that he's raced a guy w. vtech and he's came up from behind. But like deevergote said I'll more than likely just tune up the car. I don't want to use a NOS system for tha fact that I'd hafta refill or learning when to spray haha.
    O_o[God BlesS]o_O

96 Honda Accord EX aka "Project Hoopty"

By the simple fact that you say "vtech", I assume you don't know the first thing about these cars.

The H22 is a VTEC engine. If he has an H22, he has VTEC... unless he's a moron and it's not working correctly.

WOW DeeVERGOTe wut makes u say i don't know wut i talkin bout i been biuldin engines from the ground up since i was fourteen i have had enough time to see wut seems to work best for the cheap an wut doesn't even on the expensive u seem like u might not 100% kno wut u talkin about and anyway the boy w the h probably doesn't have vtec bc it probably isn't hookedup properly i kno a lot of idiots who do that i usually end up having to wire it up for them so i must kno more than u assume
    Last edited by RipperIII; 09-02-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Sorry, I just make the call based on what you've said. I don't know you... I only read your posts. And your posts tell me that you don't know a damn thing.

Anyone can slap an engine together. If you can follow a manual and turn a wrench, it's really not all that hard. It doesn't make you an expert. 24:1 compression with turbo? Really?

And if you're so aware of the fact that you can't spell, why not read through your posts before you hit that "post reply" button? If you use Firefox as your browser, it even has a built-in spell check.

24:1 is impossible on pump gas, just saying, the most you can run is close to 15:1 on 93 octane

For the Fseries I'd start with internals,cams, pistons,etc before boosting it. Its just a bit better as far as compression ratio compared to the H-series. But overall H -series are less money and time for power gains
    Man on a mission...

i think if your going turbo you should get as little compression ratio as possible so you can run more boost

Just gets da swap yo. F's can't hang, dey are not a performance engine in da least.
    Geo Metro Type-R
    JDM 3-1 Header
    JDM Integra Type-R EMBLEM conversion
    Bling Bling hubcaps dats spins backwards
    Super-Swoop 5" exhaust through megafied muffler for enhanced sound
    Quad-Whislte Tip Performance Muffler tip

I got techniques drippin out my buttcheeks
    Sleep on my stomach so I don't fuck up my sheets, huh

WORD

without some serious internal upgrades or some F/I, that F22 isn't going to hang with the H22A.
    本田1991 Acura Integra H22A-LSD本田
    ^Click For Info On Car^
    VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC.
    No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, not anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. Period.

The engine he has in his car, yes... that won't hang with an H22 without some pretty serious work. It MIGHT be able to make stock H22 power with a good header, larger intake manifold, cam upgrade, and ECU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeydaGRiceboy View Post
    Just gets da swap yo. F's can't hang, dey are not a performance engine in da least.
    Holy shit, you're still here!?!

The F22B SOHC engines are garbage. The F22A actually has more potential than the H22A.
    The OP has the F22B1, so the swap WOULD be his best option.

Still, the majority of the people giving advice in this thread know little more than the one asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
    The engine he has in his car, yes... that won't hang with an H22 without some pretty serious work. It MIGHT be able to make stock H22 power with a good header, larger intake manifold, cam upgrade, and ECU tune.

Holy shit, you're still here!?!

The F22B SOHC engines are garbage. The F22A actually has more potential than the H22A.
    The OP has the F22B1, so the swap WOULD be his best option.

Still, the majority of the people giving advice in this thread know little more than the one asking for it.
    How duz da F22A gots mor potential yo, deyz still SOHC?
    Geo Metro Type-R
    JDM 3-1 Header

WORD

Have you ever heard of Bisimoto?

455+whp NA F22A?

The F22A's port design flows better than any B or H series Honda head after modification. The valve angle is nearly ideal. Being SOHC and non-VTEC, the valvetrain mass is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
    Have you ever heard of Bisimoto?

455+whp NA F22A?

The F22A's port design flows better than any B or H series Honda head after modification. The valve angle is nearly ideal. Being SOHC and non-VTEC, the valvetrain mass is negligible.
    Well yeah dats a race car yo, short ass powerband and shit. WOT and nuttin else. I see whutz you saying yo. Badass WHP, you gots a dyno chart yo? Curious to see dat puppy run.
    Geo Metro Type-R
    JDM 3-1 Header

WORD

MAN REALLY I was joking around about the turbo that is why i posted lol DA I personally am a NA lover so I don't care much for turbos an nitrous an stuff i got a H22A w the basics i got a couple friends w turbos an stuff an i kno thats a pretty rediculous number thats why i posted it figuring someoone would get my sarcasm but everyone is a little to serious to see that huh ... anyway i build more pontiac an chevy motors than anything thas why i a NA lover bc they sound so good w the big cams and high compression ratios my honda is jus to putt putt around on but i do the occasional biuld for tuner boys I am not an idiot Listen to Homey an Brian they seem pretty smart to me

MAN WHATEVER u was an idiot if u thought i was being for real about whole turbo thing omg i can't believe ya'll thought i was for real

Quote Originally Posted by RipperIII View Post
    MAN REALLY I was joking around about the turbo that is why i posted lol DA I personally am a NA lover so I don't care much for turbos an nitrous an stuff i got a H22A w the basics i got a couple friends w turbos an stuff an i kno thats a pretty rediculous number thats why i posted it figuring someoone would get my sarcasm but everyone is a little to serious to see that huh ... anyway i build more pontiac an chevy motors than anything thas why i a NA lover bc they sound so good w the big cams and high compression ratios my honda is jus to putt putt around on but i do the occasional biuld for tuner boys I am not an idiot Listen to Homey an Brian they seem pretty smart to me
    Homey may talk like an idiot, but I've seen enough from him to know that he's no idiot.
    Brian didn't say anything new. Nothing I didn't say in my first reply.

You haven't said anything that makes sense yet. This is the internet. I don't know you. I don't know what you know. I don't know what you intend to say. I only know what you DO say... at least as far as I can decipher your words. It's a good thing that engines are easier to understand than the English language...

Quote Originally Posted by HomeydaGRiceboy View Post
    Well yeah dats a race car yo, short ass powerband and shit. WOT and nuttin else. I see whutz you saying yo. Badass WHP, you gots a dyno chart yo? Curious to see dat puppy run.
    I don't have an F22A myself, but I do own CB7tuner.com, which is an entire forum dedicated to the car that it came in. Trust me.
    There are plenty of street-driven F22As around (a few in CB7s, even more in Civics) that are making about 250whp. Most are using Bisimoto parts.

I'll see if I can dig up a dyno chart of either a street F22A, or Bisi's F22A.
    Here's Bisi's car in action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3EPuc9nI8A

Thread Information