Thread: 97 Civic DX D16Y7- Fuel Rail and Air Cleaner Assembly

Default 97 Civic DX D16Y7- Fuel Rail and Air Cleaner Assembly

I need to replace the 3 small water hoses going to the throttle body and intake manifold. One is about to burst. I'm somewhat of a beginner and I'm pretty sure I can do this. I just have some questions: I know I need to take off the Air Cleaner Assembly and Fuel rail.

How do you remove the Air Cleaner Assembly plastic(97 Civic DX D16Y7) to get to the throttle body? The manual shows one bolt. So do you remove one bolt and pull it off? Anything else I should know?

With the fuel rail, from what I understand, you first relieve fuel line pressure at the filter, then you remove the connectors to the injectors.
    Then pull the vacum hose and fuel line from the fuel pressure regulator and then undo the two bolts holding the rail. When I remove the rail, should I hold onto the injectors too and remove them with the rail?

Anything else I should know or be aware of? Thanks so much.
    Graz

yes, u loosen that bolt and pull.

i think it's better to relieve fuel pressure by starting ur car and disconneting the electric connector to the fuel pump under the backseat and let the car stall and then go from there. that way u won't have fuel sprays or leaks from anywhere.

what i wanna know is what's wrong with the fuel rail? does it leak?
    fuck you and the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by CRXFreak View Post
    yes, u loosen that bolt and pull.

i think it's better to relieve fuel pressure by starting ur car and disconneting the electric connector to the fuel pump under the backseat and let the car stall and then go from there. that way u won't have fuel sprays or leaks from anywhere.

what i wanna know is what's wrong with the fuel rail? does it leak?

Hey, thanks. Nothing wrong with the fuel rail. I need to remove it to get to the small coolant hoses going to the throttle body and intake manny. These hoses are like half inch in diameter and 3-6 inches long. One of them is about to burst and I figured I'd change all 3 once I was in there.

Any tips on removing the fuel rail?
    Thanks again.
    Graz

First and foremost you never want to have ur car running and cut your fuel off......BAD. all you have to do is iether loosen the service banjo bolt on top of your fuel filter or the fuel line bolt on the end of the fuel rail (make sure you place a cloth under your fuel lines to avoid convering your engine components in fuel. from there you must take off the 10mm or 8mm bolts (dont remember what size they are) on the fuel injector harness. removed the injector clips by using a flat head screw driver to remove the thin metal clips on the sides of the injector clips that hold them on. then there are three more small bolts on the fuel rail that need to come off.

Quote Originally Posted by spooner86 View Post
    First and foremost you never want to have ur car running and cut your fuel off......BAD.
    how would it be bad? if anything the motor just runs out of fuel to run and the fuel lines to the filter will be empty so u won't have to deal with loosing any fuel or damaging the lines but pluging them(i've done that before)
    fuck you and the moon!

Thanks guys....
    Spooner, I thought the injectors had snap-on harnesses? Your saying there bolts? Also, when I lift the fuel rail off, will the injectors stay in the manifold or will they come out with the rail?
    Thanks so much
    Graz

Does anyone know that when I lift the fuel rail off, will the injectors stay in the manifold or will they come out with the rail? Or should I hold the injectors and lift them off intact with the fuel rail. Thanks so much.

97 Civic DX D16Y7

The spring clips just hold the connector onto the injector. Just do what spooner said for the clips. Just pry oneside out and walk (wiggle) the connector off.

Some injectors may stay in the rail, some may stay in the IT.

Also just bleed pressure off at the fuel filter, put a rag over it to suck up the fuel....it's really not a big thing.

If your 3 small hose are going bad, how are your heater hoses ?

You can buy OEM hose from places like www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
    If you have the $$$'s place a big order like plug wires, dizzy cap and rotor, heater hoses and coolant lines.
    Spa Yellow Pearl 92 Si D16z6
    9.85 and 145 mph 1.54 60 ft.

Thanks, smithby

That clears it up for me. The heater hoses are good thanks. HondaAutomotiveParts is where I bought the small hoses in addition to larger tear-dropped shape one that goes under the dist. cap. So I bought 4 OEM hoses altogether for $25 INCLUDING the shipping AND handling fee. (Handling fee only because these parts were not in stock) Can't go wrong. Try buying these at a dealer....shit

Thanks again,
    Graz

Thread Information