Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Official HHU Recipe thread

  1. #1

    Default Official HHU Recipe thread

    1) You must have cooked it and ate it, thus can comment on adjustments if necessary. we can all google recipes, this isnt the point.

    2) Use the subject line when possible. thats way you can indicate if this is carb friendly, cheat day only, etc. you dont have to put nutritional value, but you can indicate the highlights (low fat, lean, etc)

    3) describe measurements as best as possible. I hate it when they use subjective measurements, your pinch may be more (or less) of a teaspoon, where if i pinched its closer to a tablespoon

    4) Provide pics if possible. I try to take pics of stuff ive cooked, but im usually too hungry and forget. try and snatch a pic after plating just so we can get a rough idea of what we are working on.

    5) Enjoy.
    I Put the OK in Overkill
    ---
    FknTkn:this thread has given me so many orgasms its unbelieveable.
    nuklear: fcking hot girls and their hotness. I want to run a rape train on every girl in this thread

    >>>>>The Award winning, 3x nominated, Greatest Thread in the history of HHU<<<


    His bullet was close, I lost my hat. My bullet was closer, he lost his head.

  2. #2

    Default

    HOW ABOUT MY DICK? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HOME MAKERS CHOKE ON THAT SPEND TIME IN THE KITCHEN.

    (this post is mainly directed towards Steven Seigler.)
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP
    You should know that by being a racing driver, you are under risk all the time. and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win, and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, its not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, I race to Win, as long as I feel its possible – Ayrton Senna

  3. #3

    Default

    ^
    I Put the OK in Overkill
    ---
    FknTkn:this thread has given me so many orgasms its unbelieveable.
    nuklear: fcking hot girls and their hotness. I want to run a rape train on every girl in this thread

    >>>>>The Award winning, 3x nominated, Greatest Thread in the history of HHU<<<


    His bullet was close, I lost my hat. My bullet was closer, he lost his head.

  4. #4

    Default

    cock meat sandwiches!!

  5. #5

    Default

    One of the best combinations of healthy/delicious I've ever made, taken from Men's Health:





    Shrimp Fra Diavolo


    Use 12 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined

    Plus 14 oz crushed tomatoes

    Plus 2 cloves garlic, minced

    Plus 2 tsp red-pepper flakes



    You'll Also Need

    4 oz dried spaghetti (extra credit: Barilla Plus)

    1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

    1 medium yellow onion, chopped

    1/4 tsp dried oregano or thyme

    Salt and pepper to taste

    2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley



    How To Make It

    1. Boil a large pot of salted water for the pasta.



    2. Heat a large saut&#233; pan over medium heat. Add the red-pepper flakes, olive oil, onion, garlic, and oregano or thyme, and cook until the onions are soft. Add the tomatoes.



    3. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook according to the package directions.



    4. Add the shrimp to the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the pasta, toss with as much of the sauce as you like, and garnish with parsley.



    Eat With: A simple green salad tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar



    Per Serving: 470 calories, 43 grams (g) protein, 61 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat (1 g saturated), 7 g fiber, 1,075 milligrams sodium


    Wing It On

  6. #6

    Default

    i actually got "peanut butter granola" in the oven right now...first time trying to make granola

    whether it comes out as planned or not, i will still eat it

    the recipe might be unbalanced as i felt it had too little or too much or certain things which are throwing off the texture and equal spread of ingredients

    if everything works out i will post up the recipe

  7. #7
    Super Moderator nuklear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    /forumdisplay.php?f=44
    Posts
    10,650
    Images
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenArms View Post
    i actually got "peanut butter granola" in the oven right now...first time trying to make granola

    whether it comes out as planned or not, i will still eat it

    the recipe might be unbalanced as i felt it had too little or too much or certain things which are throwing off the texture and equal spread of ingredients

    if everything works out i will post up the recipe
    PLEASE DO I fucking love granola

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P-SPEC View Post
    One of the best combinations of healthy/delicious I've ever made, taken from Men's Health:





    Shrimp Fra Diavolo


    Use 12 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined

    Plus 14 oz crushed tomatoes

    Plus 2 cloves garlic, minced

    Plus 2 tsp red-pepper flakes



    You'll Also Need

    4 oz dried spaghetti (extra credit: Barilla Plus)

    1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

    1 medium yellow onion, chopped

    1/4 tsp dried oregano or thyme

    Salt and pepper to taste

    2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley



    How To Make It

    1. Boil a large pot of salted water for the pasta.



    2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the red-pepper flakes, olive oil, onion, garlic, and oregano or thyme, and cook until the onions are soft. Add the tomatoes.



    3. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook according to the package directions.



    4. Add the shrimp to the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the pasta, toss with as much of the sauce as you like, and garnish with parsley.



    Eat With: A simple green salad tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar



    Per Serving: 470 calories, 43 grams (g) protein, 61 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat (1 g saturated), 7 g fiber, 1,075 milligrams sodium

    sounds delicious. Will try this over the weekend probably. ill post level 99 pics.
    2008 TSX 6mt navi

  9. #9

    Default

    My step dad orders that over pasta pretty much every time at Olive Garden. The sauce is pretty banging. Too bad I dislike seafood.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmaccord View Post
    ill post level 99 pics.






    MAN, THIS THREAD HAS SO MANY REPLIES, IT DEFINITELY MAKES STEVEN SEIGLER'S IDEA FOR A COOKING FORUM LOOK GENIOUS.
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP
    You should know that by being a racing driver, you are under risk all the time. and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win, and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, its not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, I race to Win, as long as I feel its possible – Ayrton Senna

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfd View Post
    My step dad orders that over pasta pretty much every time at Olive Garden. The sauce is pretty banging. Too bad I dislike seafood.
    Really? I love seafood. But people also think it's odd that I hate ranch dressing.
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP
    You should know that by being a racing driver, you are under risk all the time. and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win, and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, its not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, I race to Win, as long as I feel its possible – Ayrton Senna

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FknTkn View Post
    Really? I love seafood. But people also think it's odd that I hate ranch dressing.
    im slowly learning to like ranch... I used to hate it as well. if its too sour-ish i wont eat it. also i cant have it in a salad, has to be a dip for either cut up carrots/celery or in place of bleu cheese (when the bleu cheese is over powering) for buffalo wings
    I Put the OK in Overkill
    ---
    FknTkn:this thread has given me so many orgasms its unbelieveable.
    nuklear: fcking hot girls and their hotness. I want to run a rape train on every girl in this thread

    >>>>>The Award winning, 3x nominated, Greatest Thread in the history of HHU<<<


    His bullet was close, I lost my hat. My bullet was closer, he lost his head.

  13. #13

    Default

    God I love ranch. I've been planning buffalo ranch chicken salad all week

  14. #14

    Default

    Good thread. I can't cook, so it's always good to get ideas.

    Ranch dressing = diet debacle

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaaaady View Post
    Good thread. I can't cook, so it's always good to get ideas.

    Ranch dressing = diet debacle
    light ranch makes me feel a little better. Apparently hidden valley makes a fat free ranch I'm going to try if I can find it; 0g fat 3carbs 15cals. I tried an all natural fat free carb/sugar free ranch and it was by far the worst thing that I ever tasted. It was like licking a yeast infection.

  16. #16

    Default

    A few of my recipes:

    PB & J sandwich.......Get some jelly and some peanut butter and place them on bread. stack bread on top of one another and eat.


    Ramen Noodles.....Bring water to boil, place noodles in water. Drain all water and then mix in salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, old bay seasoning, and Ramen seasoning packet.....prepare to orgasm.
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP
    You should know that by being a racing driver, you are under risk all the time. and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win, and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, its not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, I race to Win, as long as I feel its possible – Ayrton Senna

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FknTkn View Post
    Ramen Noodles.....Bring water to boil, place noodles in water. Drain all water and then mix in salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, old bay seasoning, and Ramen seasoning packet.....prepare to orgasm.
    you eat that dry?

    Make ramen as usual, with packet season and everything. near the 3 or 4 min mark (however you like your noodles, add 1 or 2 eggs and slightly beat (i tend to leave the yolks in tact so it still is warm and drippy after plating)
    I Put the OK in Overkill
    ---
    FknTkn:this thread has given me so many orgasms its unbelieveable.
    nuklear: fcking hot girls and their hotness. I want to run a rape train on every girl in this thread

    >>>>>The Award winning, 3x nominated, Greatest Thread in the history of HHU<<<


    His bullet was close, I lost my hat. My bullet was closer, he lost his head.

  18. #18

    Default

    hard boiled eggs

    Put eggs into a pot. Add water til you think theres enough. Boil forever or til you see a crack on the egg happening.
    Leave eggs in fridge til they go bad then throw them out.


  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher11 View Post
    you eat that dry?

    Make ramen as usual, with packet season and everything. near the 3 or 4 min mark (however you like your noodles, add 1 or 2 eggs and slightly beat (i tend to leave the yolks in tact so it still is warm and drippy after plating)
    yep

  20. #20

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post
    hard boiled eggs

    Put eggs into a pot. Add water til you think theres enough. Boil forever or til you see a crack on the egg happening.
    Leave eggs in fridge til they go bad then throw them out.
    Pasta.

    Add enough water and bring to a boil. Place desired pieces of pasta into pot and lower flame a bit. Cook until ready...

  22. #22

    Default

    not a recipe...but tonights dinner!




  23. #23

    Default

    looks pretty legit whats it called/recipe?

    also did you make this or did your mommy make it?


    Wing It On

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P-SPEC View Post
    looks pretty legit whats it called/recipe?

    also did you make this or did your mommy make it?


    No, but I didn't prepare it either. Trader Joe's has some good stuff prepared. It's called Roast Pork Florentine which is pork wrapped spinach, cheese and roasted peppers. The potatoes were seasoned and has some onions/peppers mixed in. And that's a piece of garlic bread in the middle. Leave out the extra potatoes and go light on the sauce, it's a pretty healthy meal

    I want to some day have the time to learn how to prepare the ingredients fresh, then cook it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •