Thread: Acura RSX heater problem

Default Acura RSX heater problem

Hi folks,

my heater is not working for an Acura Rsx 2004 and apparently the problem is the air distribution box gears are binding up so i am not receiving heat. The techinician had to set it to heat manually and it worked fine for a month then it suddenly stopped again. is there a way i can do the same by setting the heater control valve manually, and how so? how can i gain access to it?

download the manual from the manuals section and it will tell you how to get to the flap
    本田1991 Acura Integra H22A-LSD本田
    ^Click For Info On Car^
    VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC.
    No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, not anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. Period.

Default AIR MIX CONTROL MOTOR

anybody know how to fix the air mix control motor on acura rsx? or easy steps to remove it from under the dashboard.

i am not getting any heat because the motor is binding up, i have already opened up the heater valve cable arm to fully open but still not getting heat. there must be a proper procedure (or steps) to do this manually without having to remove the air mix control. i know because the technicians did it before they just wouldn't tell me how.