Thread: Exspensive vs Cheap Turbo kits

Default Exspensive vs Cheap Turbo kits

I'm doing a LS swap into my 96 Civic and already have a GT35 Ball Bearing turbo for it new in the box. However, I don't have rest of the kit to go with it except a cast Iron manifold. I was looking at the Greddy and Full Race kits but they are exspensive as hell! $3.5K to $4.5K on average. Also was looking at all these kits on Ebay for around $800 to $900 for everything. The BOV, manifold and Wastegate more than likley are cheap but the piping looks good and I figure that I can upgrade some of that stuff and save afew bucks. It's a recession that feels more like a depression! Please tell me what yall think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1kingrule View Post
    I'm doing a LS swap into my 96 Civic and already have a GT35 Ball Bearing turbo for it new in the box. However, I don't have rest of the kit to go with it except a cast Iron manifold. I was looking at the Greddy and Full Race kits but they are exspensive as hell! $3.5K to $4.5K on average. Also was looking at all these kits on Ebay for around $800 to $900 for everything. The BOV, manifold and Wastegate more than likley are cheap but the piping looks good and I figure that I can upgrade some of that stuff and save afew bucks. It's a recession that feels more like a depression! Please tell me what yall think.
    Always remember that you get what you pay for, those shitty ebay manifolds will crack in no time. Cheap and reliable NEVER go hand in hand, so I say you should either look for something used locally or save your pennies and do it the right way.

Trained in the art of psi Krazed's Avatar
    My Boost technique is strong, you are no match!

uhhh yup. ok that was easy

what i would do is get a name brand turbo, BOV, and wastegate. if you are running a cast ebay manifold it should hold up pretty long.

if you pay good money for piping and couplers, thats pretty stupid. and really if you arent going for a full race application, an ebay intercooler will be fine aswell.
    hell im not afraid to run an ebay turbo either, if it fucks up its only 130 to replace if the ebay wastegate fails though, then you are gunna need a new motor most likely. i wouldnt use that

Quote Originally Posted by D-Atk View Post
    Always remember that you get what you pay for, those shitty ebay manifolds will crack in no time. Cheap and reliable NEVER go hand in hand, so I say you should either look for something used locally or save your pennies and do it the right way.
    +1 for you get what you pay for...
    2008 TSX 6mt navi

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    what i would do is get a name brand turbo, BOV, and wastegate. if you are running a cast ebay manifold it should hold up pretty long.

if you pay good money for piping and couplers, thats pretty stupid. and really if you arent going for a full race application, an ebay intercooler will be fine aswell.
    hell im not afraid to run an ebay turbo either, if it fucks up its only 130 to replace if the ebay wastegate fails though, then you are gunna need a new motor most likely. i wouldnt use that
    +1
    the most important parts I think would be wastegate/BOV and your tune!
    nothing would be worse then having a bad tune and f**king your car up!

I would go with something that would not be too cheap. Just like mentioned above, "you get what you pay for." I would get something like Rev Hard since its around $1700.00 or a little more for B-Series which isn't bad IMO.

**JDM H22A Inside**
    My VTEC goes BWAAHHH!

im pretty sure you can find some used full race manifolds out there. But yea you get what you pay for. I say just peice together your kit and save money. Trust me for a turbo build you don't wanna go too cheap.
    Boosted Dc5 441whp 303wtq

Hi all ,According to me i want to say that Always remember that you get what you pay for, those shitty ebay manifolds will crack in no time.

Thread Information