Thread: Brake Rotors and Pads Exclusive sale from RacingBrake

Exclamation Brake Rotors and Pads Exclusive sale from RacingBrake

TPM, RacingBrake's parent company has been in the brake business for over 20 years. We have been introducing more applications to aftermarket community with our quality and excellent performing products. To learn more about us, please visit our website: http://www.racingbrake.com

We are offering hondahookup.com exclusive discount on our stock replacement rotors that you will not refuse. These one-piece rotors are alloyed gray iron with EDP coating and cross cut grinding on friction surface for a nice clean looking rotor that resists rust and corrosion.

Here is a photo of Civic front rotors with Hawk HPS brake pads:

Satisfaction Guarantee
    RacingBrake offers a complete money back satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance, look, and value of the rotors within 30 days you may return them for a full refund. We also have a warranty of 6 months on all of our brake rotors.

In your private message please include the following information:
    • Model / Year (ie. Acura Integra 1994)
    • Interested in: Rotors only or Rotors & Pads (Hawk HPS)

I will let you know what we have available.

Prices are too low to list to the public, please PM me or reply to thread for pricing!

Default Brake Rotors and Pads Exclusive sale from RacingBrake

Ive had both Bendix And QFM pads. Bendix are total rubbish - dusty and very high rotor wear rates. QFM HPX are good - lowish dust, performance adequate for the odd track day, good wear on both pads and rotors, nice feel.

QFM HPX , QFM A1RM or Hawk HP Plus are all good street/track combo pads. HPX and HP Plus are more of a beginner pad, A1RM are more intermediate before you move to serious track focussed pads.

MX5 Mania sell the HP Plus pads. Lots of auto and brake shops are QFM suppliers and can order them in.

Beware: dont confuse Hawk HP Plus with Hawk HPS, HPS are rubbish.

ManiacLachy

I was going to go with Winmax W3s when I changed pads recently, but couldnt find anywhere with stock.

I got Forza FP3s from Brakes Direct and theyre excellent. Lots of bite, but no noise. They do dust up a little, but not a ton. I had Bendix Ultimates before, and these blow them out of the water.

hi,
    I just purchased some new Brembo Blanks and some new AEM HP brake pads for my 1990 Integra.
    My current rotors are warped and my brake pads are unevenly worn top is more worn than bottom & inside pad more worn than outside pad.
    I have been reading about how you are supposed to break in rotors and pads separately, but I was wondering if I break in my rotors with my old pads, will this cause the rotors to warp since the pads are slighly deformed, were talkin about 1mm at most here.
    I was thinking of maybe putting my new brake pads on my old warped rotors and breakin in the pads and then puttin on the new rotors and breaking in the rotors with the new recently broken in pads.

what are your thoughts on this?

Ive heard good things about Hawk Pads, as well as QFM A1RM, for moderate track use.

For more road use Ive heard that QFM HPX , EBC Greenstuff, and TRW are pretty good.

Ive personally got Bendix General CT in mine.
    Theyre an improvement over my previous worn out pads, in that they arent gouging holes in teh rotors with the backing plate.
    But they;re not a particularly good pad, and not even cheap enough to be worth it.

While I havent personally used QFM pads, I have heard nothing but good reports about them, so far as quality, performance, and cost are concerned.
    They are also locally made up in QLD QFM = Queensland Friction Materials

My gf used Remsa pads on her NA and said they were good, cant remember pricing of them although since it was an NA6 its not relevant to you

TRW are also apparently quite good.

Hawk are another common choice for MX5s, but not sure if they do a more "street" pad, most people use them for track work.

I have Bendix General CT on my NB8A, and on my GFs current car an old Mazda 626 wagon
    My general thoughts are that theyre rubbish, the only thing they had going for them was that theyre easily available at a moments notice.

On my MX5 ive noted the following:
    Initial bite when cold is rubbish, they work, but they just feel like you need to push the pedal harder to actually get them to grab.
    Once theyre warmed up after a few good hard stops they bite better, but also tend to fade early... there seems to be a narrow window of temp where theyre actually good.

To be frank, they do nothing well.
    around town they would be best classified as "acceptable"
    at speed in the hills etc, they briefly move to "not bad" before then overheating and going to "meh"
    Basically, at low speeds they perform like a high temp pad, and at high speeds they perform like a street pad... the opposite of what you want.

I have however been in a car fitted with Bendix Ultimate pads, and they felt great, really nice pad. But, from memory they cost far more than a lot of other pads that perform as good or better.

My recommendation, go for something other than the Bendix range, their cheap pads are too crap, and their good pads are too expensive.

My car is daily dríven but gets abused at the track once a month.
    I went with QFM A1RMs because a they were in stock, b they were reasonably priced, c they were recommended by fellow track drivers as a good compromise pad.

Ive found them to bite fine from cold and on the track they dont fade.

They produce a fair bit of dust.

They were rubbish until the old oem compound had been removed from the rotor face.

Things to consider:
    I only do Sprints, so 5 fast laps at most.
    I have fresh race level brake fluid.
    I have braided lines.
    I have oem rotors that wont have great heat dissipation.

I was going to try the Hawks but they werent in stock. I considered both Carbotech and Project MU but they were too expensive for me and not in stock plus potentially more track focused.

Thread Information