Thread: Honda Accord VIN decode

Default Honda Accord VIN decode

The VIN on my Accord Coupe has the following code: 1HGCC12500A201171

No VIN decode chart found so far seems to correspond with the actual car. From its labels, specification and documentation, it was manufactured in the USA for Europe market (RHD), it is a 2-door coupe, 4-speed sport automatic, 1994 (L reg).

Can anyone please provide a step-by-step decode that corresponds with the above description?

Talking ohhh ohhh me too

1HGCB7266MA037721 i know its a honda 91 ex 2 door but i know nothing else like size engine where it was made and all the neat little things you can tell by a vin ....please be a sweetie and decode mi vin for me thank u

Well your 91 has a 2.2L

Heres a breakdown for you phase
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=2918

And Lyndon, try Cd5tuner.com They have a shitty search function and won't search for words less than 4 digits. Your on your own.
    RHS 4-0

Default This is what I found...

Quote Originally Posted by phase360 View Post
    1HGCB7266MA037721 i know its a honda 91 ex 2 door but i know nothing else like size engine where it was made and all the neat little things you can tell by a vin ....please be a sweetie and decode mi vin for me thank u
    Country of origin: United States
    Engine type: L4 2.2L
    Assy. Plant: Marysville, Ohio
    Production Seq.:037721
    Manufacturer: Honda of America Inc.

Thats all I could find for free.... but with a little more searching Im sure you could find more

Default All I could find...

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndonannex View Post
    The VIN on my Accord Coupe has the following code: 1HGCC12500A201171

No VIN decode chart found so far seems to correspond with the actual car. From its labels, specification and documentation, it was manufactured in the USA for Europe market (RHD), it is a 2-door coupe, 4-speed sport automatic, 1994 (L reg).

Can anyone please provide a step-by-step decode that corresponds with the above description?
    Engine type: 2.0i
    Country of origin: United States
    Assy. Plant: Marysville, Ohio
    Serial #: 01171
    Model Year: 1993
    Manufac. Honda of America, Inc
    Trim: D

if you download the service manual for your car on this website there should be a breakdown of the vin in there. I downloaded the manual for my 94 accord and it is located in the very first section, detailed with what each letter and number means.

even if you go look at a haynes manual for a little bit that should be enough to tell you a decent amount of info

Thread Information