Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post
    i have no problem with that my point is when people take things that were not in the picture originally and add to it. while it might look amazing i feel it's no longer a photograph.
    I would have to respectfully and humbly disagree with you there, my friend

Good example is how you were just talking about shooting a couple with the moon in the background. It would be nearly impossible to capture the lighting in there faces, body, etc etc... while maintaining the amazing detail of a huge moon in background.

The idea (at least for me) when editing pictures in photoshop is to produce an image that is just as good, if not better, as how your eyes saw the image initially... for me, that means doing that by any means necessary. No use in limiting yourself on purpose because you feel it's "cheating"... that's why you have photoshop. Technically your own argument could be used against you in the sense that I could just say "well then stop using photoshop altogether and get the perfect image by dicking with your camera for an hour prior to taking a picture, you cheating bastard you"
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

i can understand if someone tries to pass that photoshop image off as a true stock photo.

but if someone says that its edited then it really doesnt matter at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by PENCIL View Post

The idea (at least for me) when editing pictures in photoshop is to produce an image that is just as good, if not better, as how your eyes saw the image initially... for me, that means doing that by any means necessary. No use in limiting yourself on purpose because you feel it's "cheating"... that's why you have photoshop. Technically your own argument could be used against you in the sense that I could just say "well then stop using photoshop altogether and get the perfect image by dicking with your camera for an hour prior to taking a picture, you cheating bastard you"
    i agree with you on this. i don't feel like it's cheating if it's what your eye sees. your eyes can focus foreground and background with great detail so in that case of the moon shot i don't feel it's cheating. but adding fireworks to a picture when there was not fireworks makes it a photoshop and not a photograph

Yeah I see your point now. It's like taking two people's pictures and making an uber clone-baby of them and posting it all over the place for yours and everybody else's amusement... lulz
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

exactly what i said....

jeff, do you touch up the skin much? always have such smooth skin tones. doesn't look overly brushed. i like to keep the texture, but have an even tone.

as for editing photos in post, there used to be a door behind this car:

yeah i touch up the skin. i try not to over do it. it's a simple technique i use a noise removal program and it takes alot of detail out of skin then i just blur it a bit.. then sharpen to bring out the eyes and hair then blur slightly more again. i like the look it gives off and the girls love it because it makes them look flawless.

i usually start off w/ setting the color profile but i always shoot in adobe rgb so i usually dont have to change that. after that i check the levels and set the white/grey and black points. then curves and after that shadow and highlight. if i notice noise i tend to reduce noise before i do shadow and highlight. either way i try to keep it realistic while making the colors a bit surreal and vibrant.

ORIG:

i dont think this pic really conveys that but its just an idea of how i do most of my post work.

granted each picture is different but overall i try to keep my style consistent.
    Last edited by XGRaViSmOrSX; 01-15-2009 at 01:45 AM.

i made this look like one of those glamor pics you take in the mall lmao

just so everyone knows i am puttng the winners of the photo contests in a sticky...gonna leave it there and post the pictures in there to kind of recognize the winners...i will update every month with who we decide the winner is

ps preylood...did you take the STi picture or is that just 2 images that you found? just curious to know?

Thumbs up

Here is something from me

Some ''Honda meet'' 12. April 2008.
    -shooted with SONY DSC-T2 http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/T2/T2A.HTM

...and some other meet in nearby town... the NSX-R
    -shooted with mobile phone SE K800i

That's all for now

try shooting at a lower angle....

example...this picture would look pretty baller if shot from a ground levelish

and move a lil to get that red car outta the corner...it distracts from the main picture

some from today and the other day.....

was driving for both of these and thought id snap a picture or 2...
    this is with the new lens and polarized filter! so jeff if you have something to say about my use of the pol filter PLEASE lemme know!

this picture was today heading to school right out side of work...sun was starting to go down thats why its a bit orangeish just so everyone knows

this was the other day i was showing my buddy my new lens after we grabbed some lunch and this was right next to us and thought itd make a kinda neat picture and i think it came out pretty well for just clicking...

all i have to say matt is yours stuff is getting better and better. the colors and the clarity of your pictures have improved 100%. you should go back and look at the first pictures you posted and you will see what i mean. i like the orangeish color of the first one the magic hour is the best time to shoot. i usually like to use my polarizer on the darkest setting. what you do is aim your lens about 90 degrees away from the sun and turn the polarizer and you will see the sky get darker or lighter.

heres a picture from last nights shoot.

thanks jeff! i do kinda play around with the filter and just turn it till i find a setting i like and for that one it was the one that brought out the orange a bit more.

oh so i had my first photoshop class last night....we learned how to use the quick select tool!!!!!!!!! dont be jealous that i know more about photoshop than you guys do now!!! imma give it one more class and if it doesnt seem like its gonna get more complicated im deff gonna drop that shit. i can think of other things to do with my Friday nights!

dude on this one.... the paint doesnt even look real!!!

good job though

new girl. that ones momo jaw line is scaring me... at least i think thats what it is. i dunno somethin bout that chicks face is a bit off.

my think was i was big into photomanipulation and from there i've started working backwards so it's less work for me.

all i have to say about photoshop is learn the keyboard shortcuts!

Quote Originally Posted by adamantiumknot View Post

all i have to say about photoshop is learn the keyboard shortcuts!
    easily the best way to up production my 10000000%.

even more so when you're doing graphic design stuff. but yea it helps with post work also.

Quote Originally Posted by XGRaViSmOrSX View Post
    even more so when you're doing graphic design stuff. but yea it helps with post work also.
    all day, every day. lol quick mode on/off: Q

a few old ones...

i like the bike picture i think its a really bool angle on it...normally it would be side views and shit. so thats awesome....

the other 2 are yummy cuz of the cars! that vette is sick as fuck! i like the angle on the Ferrari picture as well, the crocked look works fairly well

thanks! the bike was random, no thought process at all. the vette i shot out of a mustang convertible. the novitec rosso 360 was the first one i've seen in person. absolutely beautiful! i try to keep a balance in the frame or stick to the rule of thirds.

i haven't taken anything lately, been way too busy. so i'm just digging through older stuff.

quick shot from last night. it was 10pm and i didn't have a shot for the day yet. just went outside to my backyard where theres some weird wall painted with all kinds of weird shit. it was completely dark. sb-800 on the left of camera hand held. sb-600 on the right of camera mounted high up on a light stand using a shoot though umbrella as a bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    try shooting at a lower angle....

example...this picture would look pretty baller if shot from a ground levelish

and move a lil to get that red car outta the corner...it distracts from the main picture
    Is this pic. better?

Shooted from a distance of about 50m, and then I use 3x optical zoom.

It's a little overexposed.

Try and experiment with the settings on your camera.

Or save up and get one with some more features like a Canon G-series.

yes thats what im talking about...it helps bring the car out. now just play around like veloceracing stated...

Thread Information