veloceracing

what lens did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by veloceracing View Post
    what lens did you use?
    tamron AF28-200mm F/3.8-5.6

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...uper_Zoom.html

w/ a UV filter and lens hood.

photoshopped
    Last edited by Stealth; 08-08-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Does the UV filter do much?
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

holy shit..i just googled some before and afters...it looks a LOT better.
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

yea UV helps out a LOT.

i wanna fuck around w/ my polarizing filter but im gonna wait until it gets warmer and go to some parks w/ ponds and shit. also have a friend w/ koy fish in his backyard, figure i could get some nice shots of the fishies

i don't use a UV filter just a polarizer. Unless you get a great uv filter it's another piece of glass between your lens and subject. your going to find a ton of pros and cons for a uv filter but i have yet to see a difference. polarizer on the other hand is a for sure buy

where does one get a good polarizer?
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

i got mine off of B&H video...it was like 22 bucks. i have just started to play around with it so im getting used to it

but here are all the filters they have
    filters

22 seems pretty cheap for a polarizer. you want to make sure you get a circular polarizer. You want to do your homework on them and make sure you get one that will rotate with the front part of the lens when auto focusing. Also a better filter is going to have better threads and have a less likely chance to get stuck on the lens. i only buy hoyas

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...izing_Pro.html

Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post
    last night

dude i had this EXACT idea the other night but didnt have my tripod! looks good man. very clean!

yea i got a hoya UV and cir polarizer

still have a hoya UV on my old ass canon ae-1

the moon is actually hand held. its not a long exposure like you would think. if you tried to shoot it like a normal night shot it would come out as one giant blob since it's a sunlit object. i don't have the exact settings i used since the exif was stripped somehow but it was in manual mode somewhere around f16 and 1/250

the moon is actually hand held. its not a long exposure like you would think. if you tried to shoot it like a normal night shot it would come out as one giant blob since it's a sunlit object. i don't have the exact settings i used since the exif was stripped somehow but it was in manual mode somewhere around f16 and 1/250
    I was just about to say the same thing.... A tripod is rarely used when shooting the moon like this.

I did one one time and I think the shutter was something around there give or take.

Fuckin' awesome shot, though, bro.
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

veloceracing

now with the moon like that you have to become strobist maximus and take a portrait while maintaining total black background.

YOU CAN DOOO IT!

ha i wouldn't even know where to begin trying to shoot a portrait at night with a detailed moon. just trying to think how it would be possible hurts my head.

veloceracing

you can totally light a subject at f16, and get a secondary shutter release.

they look like they little people that go on cakes lols

LOL that they do!

i took a pretty neat shot of a car today but i dont have photoshop on my computer right now cuz i reformatted my computer. ill post prolly tomorrow

hahahah thats to funny. edited last night

ha i wouldn't even know where to begin trying to shoot a portrait at night with a detailed moon. just trying to think how it would be possible hurts my head.
    Take two separate pictures... one with the moon... one with the couple... keep them in the same pose the entire time...

photoshop them into the picture that is focused on the moon.

Easy
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

im not to big on composite images. kinda feels like cheating. i don't mind if people want to doctor an image a bit in photoshop with normal editing. but when someone starts adding things in an image then it feels more like a photoshop to me.

im not to big on composite images. kinda feels like cheating. i don't mind if people want to doctor an image a bit in photoshop with normal editing. but when someone starts adding things in an image then it feels more like a photoshop to me.
    i use photoshop on all my pics and i tend to overprodce them but thats becase i like that surreal look to my pictures.

i dont see it as cheating so much as its just taking advatage of something that you used to have to do by hand.

i have no problem with that my point is when people take things that were not in the picture originally and add to it. while it might look amazing i feel it's no longer a photograph. i even photoshop my pictures to get the look i want. no way it comes straight from the camera like that.

take this picture

i think it's amazing but it's not a photograph to me since it's two images put together. theres way worse on flickr. stupid teenage girls add all sorts of weird shit in there images

Thread Information