Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Picture Thread

i have my own host but i been using flickr alot more to host my junk

didn't know if i should post this one 1QWIK7 might be all in

So a friend of mine came by the other day to show me his new canni card he obtained recently.... thought I would share my photographic documentation of the visit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

so ive been diggin B&W photography lately... just bored today during my awesome day off of doing nothing. and was looking out my window and turned around and thought this might be interesting perspective. i did it in color as well, but my boner for B&W got the best of me this time

just the one that came with the D40...the Nikkor 18-55 1-3.5-5.6G lens. using the flash thats mounted on the camera redirected with my hand to not get that huge glare on the car.

marry xmas guys! random off topic but im stoked! got enough xmas money to order my lens. i went with the Nikkor 55-200 its got internal auto focus with vibration reduction as well! thats one hell of a price!!!! so i also ordered me a polarized filter as well (i like the effects it gives) and paid for the 2day shipping so it should be here tuesday! cant wait to take it out for some shots

veloceracing

Im buying a 580EX II tommorow and a 50MM 1.8 from BH's B&M tommorow.

Going to work on bouncing and some home made stuff before I buy some umbrellas and softboxes.

Whats the place you told me about at the meet?

I think I might go get a lens tomorrow too.
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

veloceracing

bergen county camera in westwood,nj

Quote Originally Posted by veloceracing View Post
    Im buying a 580EX II tommorow
    my dad has one similar to that. pretty good unit right there!

veloceracing

Best Buy fucking blows.

And thats all I have to say about that.

They say that they price match, but NOPE. Not when the price is too good.

Now I have to wait till sunday for B&H to open again...DAMN IT.

Best Buy fucking blows.

And thats all I have to say about that.

They say that they price match, but NOPE. Not when the price is too good.

Now I have to wait till sunday for B&H to open again...DAMN IT.
    yeah dude that lens that i wanted to buy best buy had for 299.99 i got it from B&H for 198! fuck best buy. i would have much rather bought it in person.

i donno how people compete with online prices seriously. walmart had a xbox live 13 month subscription for 38.98. i called the store to pick it up, they wouldnt price match their own online price!

best buy is always over priced on camera gear. they were blowing out sb800's for 198 though but those are looooong gone.

shot from last night

veloceracing

nudez?

bergen county camera in westwood,nj
    I picked up a lense there yesterday.

They are a bit pricey too. Compared to B&H the price difference on items
    were like $200-$300.

I picked up a lense, CANON 28-135/3.5-5.6 EF-IS, A LOT better then the stock lense. It's so much crisper.

06' Audi A4 S-Line

yea i just picked up a tamron AF28-200 macro lens for the XTi. actually a pretty nice lens. the AF is a bit noisey but i dont use it so im not too concerned. but its def a much better lens than the stock kit lens.

def post up some pics later after i reinstall CS3 suite and take some more pics.

veloceracing

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I picked up a lense there yesterday.

They are a bit pricey too. Compared to B&H the price difference on items
    were like $200-$300.

I picked up a lense, CANON 28-135/3.5-5.6 EF-IS, A LOT better then the stock lense. It's so much crisper.

They are pricey, but you can go and and ask them questions till your blue in the face and they won't bat an eye. They aren't a big wholesale place like B&H, they are a hands on actual bunch of photographers.

B&H does have photographers, yes, but they are also pretty swamped.

you'll have fun with the 55-200 vr lens. it's a great bang for the buck.

jeff, i think i added you as a friend on flickr a while ago. right now i'm sporting a d40 with an sb-800 as a master, two sb-600's and two umbrellas. i haven't had time to play with them, though.

you officially have more gear then me now. i wanted another strobe for christmas but i had to pay bills instead. just to bad the d40 doesn't have a commander mode so you could do a 3 strobe set up. i might start looking into a softbox instead of a shoot though umbrella i really like the look people get when they are able to over power the sun or any other ambient light with there strobes. the two shoot though umbrella set up has been doing pretty good for me i can't wait to see what you come up with.

new for today

she shoots well...and shes pretty effin hott

well here are a few from my off roading adventure this sat with the pops

Last edited by civcmatt; 12-29-2008 at 02:33 PM.

wow awesome shots matt. your just getting better and better. did you get a polarizer? the blue in the second shot is amazing. im going to say this might be your best work yet.

shot from last night

thanks jeff....no thats not with the polerized yet. that came in the mail yesterday delivered to my buddies work. so im actually going to pick up my new lens and filter as we speak! im sure ill get some shots here tomorrow or something! i gotta play with it to get used it to

Thread Information