Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Picture Thread

the little girl is super cute but i think the black and white is my fav it shows alot of emotion. maybe make it alittle more contrasty it might make it alittle more moody. just have to watch your highlights alittle on on the suns strong side. i had a shoot this weekend and i had alot of trouble with blown highlights everywhere. great job on the pictures matt.

shoot from yesterday. Melissa in Laguna beach

Camera: Nikon D70
    Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
    Aperture: f/4.5
    Focal Length: 50 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

sb-800 on camera used as a master. sb-600 right of camera shot though a shoot though umbrella triggered with nikon CLS in TTL mode.

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    so here is the weekend shots....this first one was kinda a cool idea...im 50 50 on if im a fan or not.... but still thought id share

this next one was at our high school state football championship. again i HAD to stay in the stands. i was going to go down lower, but i PHYSICALLY could not move. there were SOOOO many people. they were sitting in the aisle, and i just couldnt even move. (not even to pee! had to hold it) so thats why im not going to bore you with the same type of shots i got as before.

but this little girl was so damn cute, she was following the cheerleaders around trying to mimic them

this next one i took for a friend of a friend..its her daughter, i thought it was kinda a neat pose she had during their half time show. (its the dance team)

this next one i thought captured a great moment and has a great deal of meaning behind it.. the dad was in the same high school and actually took State in 1979 (or 1980) and the high school hasnt won since. so the dad helps coach, and both of his boys are on the team, and this is the first time they have been this far to get to the state game since 1979/80. however they lost 26 to 21. and this is after the game. a father son bonding moment type situation.

this next picture i feel REALLY bad getting, but i really think it captures the true importance of the game to Justin(pictured) and how he felt about it. personally i think its a very strong photo.
    I DID MY BEST!!! IIII DIIID MYYYY BEEEESST!!!
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

matt do you have the original of the B&W...?

Pencil that's not nice lol!

Stefano. Yes I do. I have it as a jpeg and RAW file still.

Pencil that's not nice lol!

Stefano. Yes I do. I have it as a jpeg and RAW file still.
    please tell me you know what that's from, though. lol
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

Yeah dane cook. Fuck you door kicker!!!

The pictures look pretty good. A few of them seem a little blown out in a couple places but that is difficult to avoid when shooting something white in broad daylight lol.

Also, whatever happened to getting down on the field?

Read orig post. I tried, but physically couldn't move down! I got there 2 hours early and was gonna go down when it started. Was just FILLED! So I just shot for the fam instead of learning more, it was impossible

candy!

Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
    Aperture: f/4

who would have ever thought something so basic could come out so wicked cool?

Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post

candy!

lol... that's sick yo

I wish I was good at taking pictures

was bored tonight and decided to have a lil wide angle fun! im addicted to my lil 22mm lens

anyways shot with the D40 with the 22mm wideangle ISO400
    shot on Shutter priority F5.6 with flash mounted on top, reangled by putting my hand in front of it to avoid glare on her head.

was bored tonight and decided to have a lil wide angle fun! im addicted to my lil 22mm lens

anyways shot with the D40 with the 22mm wideangle ISO400
    shot on Shutter priority F5.6 with flash mounted on top, reangled by putting my hand in front of it to avoid glare on her head.
    I like this one better

This is mine for the day. more off camera flash junk

Aperture: f/2.8

sb-800 to the left of camera with bounce back umbrella, sb-600 on the right of camera with bounce back umbrella triggered with nikon CLS in TTL mode.

Yeah I was gonna post that one as well but decided against it. Donno why. I really like the angle of it though lol.

I like the back ground u did in that shot. Very good idea for the season.
    You shoot her a TON! Lol

Man I'm so mad! So I ordered that tripod jeff showed me. Was sched to be delivered wed the 10th. Didn't get anything, eh whatever come today. Roommate tells me there is nothing there. So I pull up the tracking number, says it was delivered yesterday at 522pm... And me nor my roommates have seen it! Grrr! I hope its hidden somewhere cuz I really wanna shoot with it! Awww!!!

/venting!

so it did come in...its been hiding behind the landscaping bricks since yesterday and not me, nor my 2 roommates saw it. so i got it in today! super stoked! i was so excited i just took a picture from the back yard. its nothing interesting. but DAMN! can REALLLLLLLYYY see the difference between holding it and tripoding it! holy crap GREAT purchase. thanks for forcing me into it Jeff! that is a dope lil tripod you pointed me too as well. its got a level on it, a handle crank to move the upper arm up, and it almost rotates in 360*!!!!!!!

holding

tripod

i know its not a good photo at all, its kinda boring layout. but damn thats shot at 1am in dead dark. and the sky even looks blueish like it was kinda bright outside (full moon) awww im stoked!!!! had to share my super stokedness
    Last edited by civcmatt; 12-12-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Haha... we told you ;)

Now all you gotta do is find that recovery tool in RAW mode.... lol

oh shit matt thats a world of difference. i was reading your post and looking at your first picture and i was thinking you did something wrong because it's still a bit blurry i was going to suggest you get a wireless remote then i scrolled down and saw your improved picture. even though it's just a picture of your back yard you can see the drastic improvement. now you just need to go out and find stuff to shoot. shooting night shots of traffic is always fun.

my shots for the day

Fucking great pics as always bro.

Who is the girl?

my new friend melissa

veloceracing

Made this to mess with unsharpen mask in CS4.

I might reshoot this so that I get better lighting. All i was using was a tungsten bulbed electric holiday candle.

The shadows suck but I like that warm glow look. Also the bear statues in the back ground are distracting.

just black out the background. or burn it out.

black background and shoot with a light of some sort

even if its the flash on camera hold a piece of paper in front of it to spread it out a bit. (kinda makes a ghetto umbrella effect.)

Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post
    oh shit matt thats a world of difference. i was reading your post and looking at your first picture and i was thinking you did something wrong because it's still a bit blurry i was going to suggest you get a wireless remote then i scrolled down and saw your improved picture. even though it's just a picture of your back yard you can see the drastic improvement. now you just need to go out and find stuff to shoot. shooting night shots of traffic is always fun.
    and yeah i did that to show the improvement haha. yeah boring shot but i was SOOO excited that it was here! i had to shoot SOMETHING! so yeah, started playing with the raw file a bit, that will take some time to get used to. but ill get it down. i decided to take a photoshop class this next semester for the hell of it. so im stoked about doing that. maybe ill learn some cool things to get my PS skills touched up

i thought about taking a intro into digital photography class next semester but i wasn't sure how much they could teach me at this point. i have alot of the basics down but i wouldn't mind learning about things like bracketing and more off camera flash junk. this is from my photoshoot last night.

sb-800 on the left of the camera with shoot though umbrella, sb-600 on the right of the camera with shoot though umbrella. triggered with nikon cls in ttl mode

Thread Information