Thread: adjust hydrolic clutch

Default adjust hydrolic clutch

I just got my clutch put in and it dont grab untill the clutch pedal is all the way out.how can i fix this problem.
    1999 Honda Civic EX, DC Headers, Crank pulley, Magnaflow full Exhaust, Alum Flywheel, Stage 1 Exteady Clutch.

thats just the engaging point of the clutch.

you cant really adjust a hydro clutch. you can adjust the pedal height, but thats it

^yup.
    ~ 2001 Silverstone Metallic Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    my little rod broke off

It's also too easy too push in.The stock clutch was much harder
    1999 Honda Civic EX, DC Headers, Crank pulley, Magnaflow full Exhaust, Alum Flywheel, Stage 1 Exteady Clutch.

Could be some air trapped in the system...be sure it is bled.

a123rat
    Honda Tech.

Civic ---(2)'90 3 dr SI---'98 4 dr EX--- '03 2 dr DXG
    Integra---'92 RS 5spd---'95 RS auto
    Accord---'86 DX---'91 EXR
    Prelude---'87 Twin Carb---'89 4WS
    Ridgeline---'09 VP
    The back yard ain't full yet.

by the way, it's exedy... not exteady.

my little rod broke off

Quote Originally Posted by ludechick View Post
    It's also too easy too push in.The stock clutch was much harder
    welcome to after market clutches....

it might shutter when you take off as well notmally happens with stage II and higher

Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by MiMiK View Post
    x2

Mine was the same way though, kinda soft, didn't really feel right, i just had to bleed and bleed it, it was a new clutch, new lines, new slave cyl. and new master cyl, so it took a while and some fluid adding, and also you can adjust the pedal height, there's a nut on the pedal, there shouldn't be a lot of play, it says how much there should be in the factory service manual.
    92 Civic - Project Car/Daily Driver/Four Door Whore - Auto - manual swap w/ si tranny, exedy clutch, short shifter, energy shifter bushings, Intake, z6 tb.
    Chevy Silverado Z71 - rebuilt 700r4 transmission added Shiftkit, rebuilt 305, added performance cam, full 3" custom exhaust system. Lift Kit to come?

Quote Originally Posted by jstar View Post
    x2

Mine was the same way though, kinda soft, didn't really feel right, i just had to bleed and bleed it, it was a new clutch, new lines, new slave cyl. and new master cyl, so it took a while and some fluid adding, and also you can adjust the pedal height, there's a nut on the pedal, there shouldn't be a lot of play, it says how much there should be in the factory service manual.
    another thing thats a misconception with aftermarket clutches. people think that they get stiffer and harder to press when you add a aftermarket clutch. honestly i dont think i have driven an after market clutch that was stiffer than stock.... MAYBE my stave IV 6puck is as stiff or SLIGHTLY stiffer.... but that thing is also good for 500whp....what can you expect?

i had an exedy stage 1 disc with a stage 2 pressure plate and it was a bit stiffer than stock.. most stage 1 clutches use a stockish pressure plate. the pressure plate is what makes the clutch pedal stiffer.

my little rod broke off

so there is no way to for me to change the fact that i have to let the clutch out 90 percent before the clutch even begins to grab?

Quote Originally Posted by MiMiK View Post
    fuck you and the moon!

Thread Information