Thread: Retain A/C with Hf Manifold and 1g Dsm Turbo?

Default Retain A/C with Hf Manifold and 1g Dsm Turbo?

Finally decided to figure what I was doing, motor swap or turbo. Im going with forced induction. I've got a friend with a 1g DSM turbo laying around he will give me for like 50 bucks, with the side mount intercooler and TurboXS blow off valve. My question is, can I install the turbo to the manifold with an adaptor plate and still retain my a/c. I live in Oklahoma where it get hot as hell in the summer. Thanks in advanced.
    My Rides:
    1990 Crx-SI (D16a6) Ported and Polished head, 5 speed, balanced & blueprinted bottom end.

1994 Camaro Z28 (LT1) GTP Stage 3 Heads, CompCam cc306, Viper Spec T-56, 4:10s, Long Tubes, Mufflex 4inch Exhaust, Nitrous Oxide, et certa.

Trained in the art of psi Krazed's Avatar
    My Boost technique is strong, you are no match!

wow, well i guessthat would completely depend on your adaptor plate" but there are way easier ways of doing this. I believe you should do a little more homework before thinking about turboing your car

I was planning on using one of the basic Steel adapter plates. I know that the hf manifold and 14b will work, i've seen numerous people do it. However when asked they said the a/c was already removed before they even installed it. I was thinking maybe a CCFab turbo manifold and a t3 turbo, however i've heard that even though the quality of the manifolds were amazing. They took a long time to arrive if they even got them. I'm open to any and all suggestions, my only stipulation is that I need to keep a/c. I'd like to keep it under $1,500 (in parts). My friends and I can weld and have access to pipe benders. So routing it isn't an issue, unless the turbo and a/c compressor want to occupy the same space.
    My Rides:
    1990 Crx-SI (D16a6) Ported and Polished head, 5 speed, balanced & blueprinted bottom end.

1994 Camaro Z28 (LT1) GTP Stage 3 Heads, CompCam cc306, Viper Spec T-56, 4:10s, Long Tubes, Mufflex 4inch Exhaust, Nitrous Oxide, et certa.

Thread Information