Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Off topic Health and Fitness Discussion

chin ups or pull ups?

Quote Originally Posted by bigd View Post
    chin ups or pull ups?
    first set was of chins, the second set was of pullups. It doesn't really matter to me, both work.
    "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

I guess I'll train them for a couple of months and see how much progress I have. I think I'd have to go on a cut to get any serious number of reps though.
    "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

yeah for sure..i would just train during the winter, without really even trying for 40 or 50 whatever, then when it is time to cut start shooting for higher numbers.

been thinking about it...heres what i would do.
    train all winter really heavy, like using plates, hammer the lat pull down, etc. keep bulking, then when spring comes and ur ready to cut then u should be able to rip mad pull ups easily.
    just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    first set was of chins, the second set was of pullups. It doesn't really matter to me, both work.
    Well one is much more of a biceps exercise, while the other is primarily lats. Which one were you thinking? You can obviously do a lot more chin-ups than pull-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaaady View Post
    You can obviously do a lot more chin-ups than pull-ups.
    Why is that? Your lats are much bigger then your bi's, does it have something to do with leverage or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Siegler View Post
    Why is that? Your lats are much bigger then your bi's, does it have something to do with leverage or something?
    this serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaaady View Post
    Well one is much more of a biceps exercise, while the other is primarily lats. Which one were you thinking? You can obviously do a lot more chin-ups than pull-ups.
    I can do roughly the same amount of either. I don't really directly target biceps much, so they're a bit of a weak point for me.

i been slacking really bad lately. haven't had the motivation. went in to do back yesterday and today my back is torn up but not in a good sore way. the left side is giving me all sorts of problems lately. first the shoulder now this i think i might of strained something.

I bought my first supps other than whey/caffeine today. After 3 years of lifting I feel like playing around with some stuff.

I bought Purple K creatine and Betasine, which is a beta-alanine and carnosine blend

^started my stack yesterday

check this out

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=550_1232315010

holy shit..thats fuckin crazy. wonder how long he was in prison ahah.

wtf. what you do already is impressive. i get like maybe 8 for sets of widegrips lol..im ganna start a stack next week probably. we should do another fitness comp on here. 225 reps or somehting we havent done that in a lone time?

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    ^started my stack yesterday

check this out

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=550_1232315010
    oh my god

i don't believe what i just saw. that shit is bananas

Images

I can do 5 chinups and 3 - 4 pullups at 275-280. I was always happy with those numbers, i cant see me ever repping out like 10 lol

nhl, do you have a direct link to that vid? I searched liveleak, with no luck.

liveleak.[com]/view?i=550_1232315010

is that what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by GimPy™ View Post
    wtf. what you do already is impressive. i get like maybe 8 for sets of widegrips lol..im ganna start a stack next week probably. we should do another fitness comp on here. 225 reps or somehting we havent done that in a lone time?
    yeah, i wouldn't mind getting another contest going.

i've been slacking off since dec, still trying to get back at it. i only took the purple k for a couple of days before i realized that i was sick, and not committed enough to start fucking around with that stuff right now. i'm going to start it back up when i've had a solid, dedicated month of working out.

i've been ridiculously busy with traveling and riddled with injuries. I love the traveling, but it interrupts my lifting. My back and shoulders have also been co-operating only half of the time. I'm still hoping for a 300lb bench and an improvement on chins by summer. I'm also hoping to cut...haha fuck.

I'm starting to realize that working out and leading a somewhat-healthy lifestyle is really a huge boost in my attitude, energy, and self-confidence. I can't slack anymore.

im on the slacker train as well. i became really unmotivated and dreaded going to the gym. I started to really hate being there and little things bothered me with that gym. Im taking some time off get all the shit sorted out in my life then im going back to my meat head gym. it doesn't have nice machines or cardio equipment and smells like asshole but it's where i made the most gains and had people who liked to work out like i do. no personal trainers no little figure skating girls and no one flips out if theres alittle sweat on a bench. wipe it off and get your set in.

Thread Information