Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Off topic Health and Fitness Discussion

oh, nope. the original westside template that louie simmons developed. I'm not following it to a t, but pretty close.
    "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    oh, nope. the original westside template that louie simmons developed. I'm not following it to a t, but pretty close.
    Thats cool. The 3rd one is hard as shit because of the dynamic lower body day. It definitely helps make you more athletic though.

Have you ever heard of this form of westside for powerlifters? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=920894

This sig makes me feel 16 again.

I've never heard of that before, no. I don't think it's something that I'd be interested in, but meh. I prefer dynamic days over repetition days most of the time. It looks good for a person who is just getting interested in strength training, mostly because there is no room for 1RM work.

The routine does appear to be pretty well thought out, and he's included a lot of information with it. I'd say it would be fine for most folks
    "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

I've never heard of that before, no. I don't think it's something that I'd be interested in, but meh. I prefer dynamic days over repetition days most of the time. It looks good for a person who is just getting interested in strength training, mostly because there is no room for 1RM work.

The routine does appear to be pretty well thought out, and he's included a lot of information with it. I'd say it would be fine for most folks
    Ya a lot of people on bb.com use it. I don't because I like the lower dynamic day because I am training more for sports than bodybuilding.

This sig makes me feel 16 again.

So after a month im up 10-12 lbs weighing in at ~205. 5 more pounds and I can start the cut! Im tired of being a fat kid... I wanna be 185 again

^keep at it for now man, the results will be worth it.

so tonight in the gym there was a 16 year old kid who is a dwarf. he squatted 400 for doubles in a belt and knee wraps. it was strange and impressive at the same time.

i absolutely killed my tri's today

UNFLEXED

and I saw a guy wearing gardening gloves lifting today

You're flexing in your unflexed picture

Im gonna start cutting soon and I need advice. My sched is gonna be cardio on Sun, Mon, Thurs and lifting Tues, Fri with rest days following. I can usually get a good cardio workout on lift days and throw in HIIT 3 times a week I should be good. My goal is to cut 30lbs slow and keep as much muscle/strength as possible, so I should I switch my lifts to 4 rep max X 4, keep it progressive (10 - 8 - 6) or something totally different? Im pretty much open to whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    You're flexing in your unflexed picture

and when are you going to get on cod4 and start playing again

I'm doing a raw bench-only meet on saturday, it should be fun. my raw bench sucks, and i'll be working on it lots in the next while.

raw TPM by the time I'm back from sweden.

intimidating picture of the day:

more like handsome picture of the day

yikes

intimidating picture of the day:

hot damn.....those dudes are huge and still have nasty 6-packs.....that is for the win indeed.

Wing It On

I think the guy on the left is former World's Strongest Man competitor, Jesse Marunde who died last year.

^yup

Dude on the right is what I want to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Dude on the right is what I want to look like.

terrifying image of the day: world record holder (almost a 1100lb bench) ryan kenelly after making his lift

why the fuck would you want to do that. its actually extremely sad to me

holy shit..he drop the bar on his face of something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaaady View Post
    why the fuck would you want to do that. its actually extremely sad to me
    lol aren't you a boxing fan?

probably a really hard touch and he just started breaking blood vessels like mad. I've burst them in my eye pretty bad before, but not to the point where there was ever blood running down my face. that's pretty ridiculous

watching the blood actually start to run is pretty wild. I've never seen it in real life, but I saw a vid where chad aichs is squatting and as he gets deeper a river of blood just starts running down his face. pretty fucked up.

That's what I am getting at. Getting hit in the face and bleeding from it is a completely different story from pushing so hard that you brust blood vessels in your eyes and they start bleeding everywhere, and blood is pushed out of your nose. That is just insane to me.

Thread Information