Thread: bov w/o a turbo

Default bov w/o a turbo

i have a 91 man. accord with a newly rebuilt F22A, and i was wondering is there any danger to the ecu if a bov is put on it without a turbo, cause one of my buddies said it can miscalculate the acual amt. of air going into the cylinders but i really wasnt sure so if any of you guys know any danger to just having it added over time as opposed to adding the whole turbo kit at one time let me know.

im not even gonna comment.......

Why do you want a BOV but no turbo ? just to look retarded ? sound retarded ? ill never get this ricer phase
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman47
    you know the world is fucked up when a man getting pounded in the ass by a horse is not the weirdest thing you've seen today
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac2118
    I’m not going to have sex with you just so you can ask for cum on your face

Talking bov on n/a dont wrk

i cant believe you just asked if you can use a bov on a n/a engine. thats dumb! listen up guy when your turboed and you close throttle body if you dont have a bov it will slow down your turbo and take longer to spoolback up in the next gear you need to google seach on how turbocharging works then you ll realize that by putting a bov on a natualy aspirated car dont work you dont get no cool noise..... thats a privalige of going through all the work of turboing a N/A vehicle do reseach before asking really dumd Q's like that. i cant believe i took the time to tell you that but someone had to cuz your lost.

Default easy guys...easy

im not wanting to throw all of the cash out there right now for the whole kit im slowly working on it, its my day to day car and i just dont have the time to put it all on right now my question was just would it hurt the car in anyway to have it "turbo ready" so to speak but without the turbo for right now

and thanks but i understand what a turbo does and the importance of a bov with a turbo.
    Last edited by preppygeorgiaboy; 05-18-2008 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by preppygeorgiaboy View Post
    im not wanting to throw all of the cash out there right now for the whole kit im slowly working on it, its my day to day car and i just dont have the time to put it all on right now my question was just would it hurt the car in anyway to have it "turbo ready" so to speak but without the turbo for right now

and thanks but i understand what a turbo does and the importance of a bov with a turbo.
    in that case, just save up, and buy it piece by piece and then put it on once you have all the pieces
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman47
    you know the world is fucked up when a man getting pounded in the ass by a horse is not the weirdest thing you've seen today
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac2118
    I’m not going to have sex with you just so you can ask for cum on your face

Quote Originally Posted by bigd_609 View Post
    lol probably some redneck.
    ...where did that come from. but thanks for the help guys, i guess.

Try welding a tuba mouthpiece about 2 inches inside the exhaust tip. Mobile Air Raid Siren. It's only cool if you have a BOV on a non turbo'd Automatic Honda Insight Hydbrid though.

Quote Originally Posted by lusty90crx View Post
    i cant believe you just asked if you can use a bov on a n/a engine. thats dumb! listen up guy when your turboed and you close throttle body if you dont have a bov it will slow down your turbo and take longer to spoolback up in the next gear you need to google seach on how turbocharging works then you ll realize that by putting a bov on a natualy aspirated car dont work you dont get no cool noise..... thats a privalige of going through all the work of turboing a N/A vehicle do reseach before asking really dumd Q's like that. i cant believe i took the time to tell you that but someone had to cuz your lost.
    That was pretty much completely wrong. The blind leading the blind rice. Interesting thread. The only people that know a thing in this thread are clowning on the rest.

To the OP, do yourself a favor and use the money you were going to buy a bov with to buy a cheap pistol. Then you can insert that into your mouth and pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by FknTkn
    It sucks and as much as I hate to admit it, Batman was right
    ORLY???

Default patience and preparation is the key!

really though i think most of us have bin through this a few times and patience is the key BUY PARTS AND SAVE THEM SO WHEN YOU PUT THEM ON THEY ALL PERFORM EQUALLY AND LOOK NEW . ( PLAN IT OUT TO DO IT ALL AT ONCE ) THE BIG DAY! OH AND DONT BUY CHEAP PARTS CUZ THEY DONT WORK LIKE EXPENSIVE ONES nor do they last. a turbo can cost you engines and lots of down time if not done correctly i know ive bin through it . i went through 3 engines before i got it right.

.... I cant believe threads like this are still out there.....

WOW... a lot of idiots in here. First off the OP is gay, secondly, the guy trying to describe the technical aspects behind it sounds like a moron (both from the dialect and the facts he's throwing out).

Default Threads like this...

Threads like this are precisely the reason why I stopped posting on this stupid website. You got people who think they know making the people who don’t know feel stupid, like Batman’s comment about the gun. For the people that don’t know how car stuff works, watch TV shows like those on Spike TV’s, Powerblock, go to actual races and talk to mechanics at places like the Grand Prix of Long Beach and the Redline Time Attack, talk to car product manufacturers, or research it on the internet. Don’t believe what you read on this website. Anyone who believes what they read on HondaHookUp is stupid. Go to other websites where people know more of what they are talking about, like Honda-Tech.com, Superhonda.com, or ClubDC.net…..I’ll never post here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus278 View Post
    Threads like this are precisely the reason why I stopped posting on this stupid website. You got people who think they know making the people who don’t know feel stupid, like Batman’s comment about the gun. For the people that don’t know how car stuff works, watch TV shows like those on Spike TV’s, Powerblock, go to actual races and talk to mechanics at places like the Grand Prix of Long Beach and the Redline Time Attack, talk to car product manufacturers, or research it on the internet. Don’t believe what you read on this website. Anyone who believes what they read on HondaHookUp is stupid. Go to other websites where people know more of what they are talking about, like Honda-Tech.com, Superhonda.com, or ClubDC.net…..I’ll never post here again.
    lol ht. not everyone on this website is a dumb ass. stfu and get the fuck out of here.

Default cant stand the heat go swimmin bizoch!

there are stupid people with stupid questions and smart people with hard questions im here to make fun of the dumb ones and figure the hard ones if you have a serious question we should know but some people like to just type bullshit ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus278 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FknTkn
    It sucks and as much as I hate to admit it, Batman was right
    ORLY???

good laugh. will probably read again.

K&N pop charger, underdrive crank pulley, dual exhaust w/ aftermarket mufflers, all around tein springs/tokico illuminas, front/rear upper strut bars, OZ 3 peice wheels on 245/45/17.

Keep the stupid questions coming and the people that come with it, there is someone always on to make you feel special (really special)

92 HONDA CIVIC EX (EH9) D16Z6 Vitara build and stuffing boost down her throat!!

Thread Information