Thread: Yonaka Motorsports Full Coilover Kit from only $499.99!

Default Yonaka Motorsports Full Coilover Kit from only $499.99!

All Aluminum Upper Mounts
    0-4" Height adjustment.
    Fully Threaded Mono Tube Shock Absorber.
    Inner bump stop to prevent damage cause by rapid compression impacts.
    Wide range of height adjustment without changing the spring compression.
    Bottom of the shock is threaded to allow height adjustments without having to shorten the suspension travel.
    Rubber dust shield protecting piston for long life.
    Adjustment tools included.

Spring rates are as follows for Civic/Integra:
    Front springs: 12kg / 180mm
    Rear springs: 6kg / 200mm

Order here: Yonaka Coilover Kit

Honda Civic 92-00 / Acura Integra $499.99:

Honda Prelude $599.99:

Acura RSX $599.99:

Order here: Yonaka Coilover Kit

Default Yonaka Motorsports Full Coilover Kit from only 499 99

what are the spring rates?

also nothing wrong with that method of height adjustment, you can get springs made to suit your height and if you want to raise the car just buy some helper springs so the spring doesnt flow around the coilover.

does the coilover have damper or rebound adjustment? also what model Hipermax are they?

Has anyone out there mounted coilover shocks where the stock spring mounted? I dont mind having to fabricate something to make it work. Just want to see how others have done it successfully. Currently running bags with dropped beams. Looking to lose the air bags but still have some ride height adjustment.

Dont set the height by the bottom mount. The bottom mount is used to set shock length. You want the shock length to be so that under full compression, the wheel is able to move as high into the wheel arch as possible without the tyre hitting the liner - you need to remove the spring to find this setting accurately.

Then you set the ride height by adjusting preload on the spring.

Just posted a few mock up pics on that Oldskool thread for my kit now with the seperate distribution blocks . Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Gary

anyone got the 8/6k br set of coilovers?

Im just playing around with ride height, apparently your suppose to leave at least 25mm of thread in the lower mount. Must be what the holes are for.This doesnt leave me with much height there is about a 60mm difference in strut height between the BC coilovers and my king springs/stock shocks.

does anyone know if you can lessen the thread from the top half where the spring cuff without screwing around with the preload?

Thanks guys,

Just thought it would be good to share for reference points.

Just put a set of BC BR coils on my NB but havent set ride height, preload or damper yet.

Will have a play and let you all know how i go, setting out to get something for daily dirving it so comfort for now till i get it to the track

Preload as in how many mm the spring is precompressed by the cuff/ring thing without any load bearing.

Well I thought about that for hours and it was just that simple, well anyways one more question, I want to use the original column, how would you go about the steering shaft?

There isnt much to the RRS steering kit to be honest, not sure where the expense comes from.

Maybe CRS will do a kit one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like a kit like this, the RRS kits are very expensive. I made an enquiry about the manual rack and pinion steering and was shocked at the 2700 plus postage, maybe I was a little naive thinking it would be more around 1500.

Id be interested in seeing this coilover kit used and what the thoughts are.

Thats what they might have cost 10 years ago, but apparently inflation has been near 100 in that time sure, right

Anyway.... CRS dont do a rack as far as I can see on their site. Shame, because they would do it much cheaper and better.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Throw drop spindles in there and you would have a nicely set up front end.

Ill have to look at that when Im ready for the pano.

i also have the JDM SS too and theyre not stiff at all. mine is a daily driver and the ride is good. i dont know how they compare to Kings n Konis tho.

Hey Guys,

i Thought Ive seen a thread on here where everyone could share BC racing coil over settings but couldnt seem to find it.was possibly another forum . This will be a good reference point when mucking around with out setups.

So thought Id start a new one. Post your coil type BR, ER etc, Spring rates, ride height, preload and damper settings and state what your settings are for e.g track, everyday driving, comfort, hill runs/spirited drives

Cheers

Mine leaks from the front too and I just did a headgasket job about a year ago and only put 1000 miles on it. It sucks. Head deck but I used a fel pro gaskets.

Hi

So i own a original mk2 GTD, and i fitted a new suspenison. So i bought Eibach Pro kit lowering springs 30mm of lowering and Kayaba shock absorbers. But there is a problem the ride is a bit to stiff for me, i want it to be a little bit softer what should i do?? Change Kayaba shocks with other brand or buy new Eibach Pro kit with only 20mm of lowering. What do you guys think, i use this car for daily use.

Best regards,

Filip

So Im looking at various power brake conversion kits for my 68 f100 SB it 2wd with a 390 and manual trans with disc/drum swap on it, but all the kits Im seeing state a automatic trans only. Is there any reason why one of those kits wont work on my truck? thanks in advance.

I have the JDM Tein SSs which have the same spring rate, but my and the others on the forum who have the Aussie ones opinion is that notwithstanding the stiffer springs, for some reason it actually rides better than the Koni/Kings.

Not sure why...they just do.

Thread Information