Thread: 95 accord with d4 light blinking

Default 95 accord with d4 light blinking

i have seached but couldnt find what i needed. i have a 95 accord auto with a blinking d4 light. it will shift into second but when it goes from first to second it slows down when it goes into second gear. also the tach dont work but the speedo does. i have aseen everybody else with the d4 light blinking and they replaced the vss. but my speedo works. could anyone help me? do i have to replace the tranny? is there a sinple sensor to replace? please help.

also there is a loud noise coming from the engine compartment as i go faster. please help thanks

You may have fried something in your transmission's computer like a diode or a relay. As for the sound coming from the engine, that could be anything. What does the noise sound like exactly? Engines make all kinds of sounds sometimes.

The blinking D4 should be the indication of a transmission error code. I'm not positive where the service connector is on your car, but if you can locate that and jump it, it should flash out a code. Autozone or a similar autoparts store will probably check it for you for free.

www.cb7tuner.com - 1990-1993 Honda Accord forum
    www.cd5tuner.com - 1994-1997 Honda Accord forum

the noise comes from the right side and it gets louder the faster i go. i wanna say its the tranny but i dont know. the car goes into gears fine on the shifter it just doesnt shift. if i floor it it will shift to second but then the car slows down when it goes into second. very annoying lol i wanna fix it

Have you checked your fluid level?

yes it is up to where it should be. somebody told me that maybe it could be the shift solenoid?

That is possible. Have that code checked and it should tell you exactly what it is. Perhaps you can ask someone on CD5tuner.com on how to do it, as I'm not sure how it works with your model (should be the same as mine, but I don't want to mislead you in case it isn't!)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy1220 View Post
    i have seached but couldnt find what i needed. i have a 95 accord auto with a blinking d4 light. it will shift into second but when it goes from first to second it slows down when it goes into second gear. also the tach dont work but the speedo does. i have aseen everybody else with the d4 light blinking and they replaced the vss. but my speedo works. could anyone help me? do i have to replace the tranny? is there a sinple sensor to replace? please help.

also there is a loud noise coming from the engine compartment as i go faster. please help thanks

“also the tach don’t work”
    So there is your problem, no RPM signal to the transmission computer!

what would keep the tach from working?

Several things, mostly the distributor, some time some connection problem.
    I have sasses just to clean the connections.

I do not know what shape is your car, because some time strange thing can happen from smoking to

Your OBD jack is behind the ash tray ... download the code ... this will begin to solve the mystery ... and save you some wasted efforts in trial and error.

The OBD1 cars have the jack behind the ashtray?
    Ok, glad I didn't give any instructions... I'm used to it behind the dash on the passenger side, under the glove box!

lol yea it is under the glovebox. i ran it and it came up lower shift solenoid. changed that and now it shifts good. i just gotta figure out the loud noise and why the tach dont work. i thing the loud noise is coming from the axle or wheel bearing. im gonna look further into it tomorrow.

lol yea it is under the glovebox. i ran it and it came up lower shift solenoid. changed that and now it shifts good. i just gotta figure out the loud noise and why the tach dont work. i thing the loud noise is coming from the axle or wheel bearing. im gonna look further into it tomorrow.
    DOH!! Forgot about the transition from I to II ... well if nothing else you know what's behind the ashtray now!!!

I still think some of the 95's have OBDII ... maybe not for Honda ...

Not for Honda. It's borderline, so some 95s might... but as far as I know, all Hondas were OBD1 until 1996.

the blinking light is the TCM for sure,and chances are that one of the resistors burned out in the corner. But befoe removing the TCM, do check to see if there is a code.
    Underword Importz - Hi-performance parts witout the high prices

Thread Information