Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans for your DSM

Default Plans for your DSM

Okay. This should be fairly straight forward and simple. I'm interested to know what you plan on doing to your car in the next year. This is not a bullshitting thread, this is honest to god what you are planning on doing. I will start.

My plans:

Tear the car down to the frame, and start cleaning out any rust/grease/grime/sand whatever.

Weld all extra holes and smooth them over.

Seam weld all panels, and remove the body glue.

Find a 2.4l G4CS block, which is a Hyundai Sonata 6 bolt 2.4 liter version of the 4G63.

FFWD Butcher 2.4l Crank

Groden 6 Bolt rods.

Kiggley Main Girdle.

Wiseco stroker pistons.

Moroso Oil Pan.

ARP Tool Steel Head Studs.

Block O-ringed.

SBR Stage 5 1G Head with Forced Performance Dual Spring Kit.

Head O-Ringed

Forced Performance FPCam3x Cams

Mitsubishi MLS Head Gasket

JM Fabrications 1G Race Intake Manifold

Nissan Q45 Throttle Body

JM Fabrications COP Plate

Punishment Racing T3 Exhaust Manifold with Tial 44mm External WG Flange

PTE PT6776R T3/T4 Ball Bearing Turbo Rated at 75 lb/min flow with 4" Ported Compressor Cover

Punishment Racing T3 4 Bolt Style O2 Housing

Megan Racing 3" Downpipe

Shep Racing Stage 4 Transmission with Upgraded 4 Spider Differential

That will be the plan for the next year as far as parts. From there I'll be doing bodywork, painting the car, running new lines for everything, rebuilding the engine wiring harness, installed AEM EMS, doing a custom gauge cluster, starting on the interior, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FknTkn
    It sucks and as much as I hate to admit it, Batman was right
    ORLY???

Quote Originally Posted by Batman™
    G4CS is a 6 Bolt Block. 6 Bolt = no crankwalk. But thanks for playing.

why the sudden change of plans?
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP
    You should know that by being a racing driver, you are under risk all the time. and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win, and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, its not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, I race to Win, as long as I feel its possible – Ayrton Senna

In all honesty, my goals for the car are a lot of power on pump, street driveable, with a wide useable powerband. i can make all but the last of those goals on the 2.0, but the 2.4 will allow that turbo to spool and it'll rev high. Not to mention the fact I like tinkering. And, being that my motor is still new and not broken in, I can sell it for a good price and mostly fund the other one. Plus, who doesn't want ball bearing?

ORLY???

I guess I should add that I'm officially not planning on having this car on the road for a couple of years. I want to build this 2.4 on an engine stand while i'm doing all the other work on the car. Ever since I started building this car, I wanted to do a 2.4. Time constraints and not having another car to drive kind of made me go toward the 2.0, but now that I have another vehicle and time, I want to do this the way I want it. This is going to be my shot at my idea of a perfect car. I don't care about the time or money involved, I just want to do it right.

ORLY???

1. get a new fuckin tranny. goin with shep stage 2 rebuild
    2. new sheet metal 1G intake manifold
    3. get re-tuned for higher boost and shootin for 500awhp

oh and some weight shaving. cf and lexan are gonna be my best friends

I guess I should add that I'm officially not planning on having this car on the road for a couple of years. I want to build this 2.4 on an engine stand while i'm doing all the other work on the car. Ever since I started building this car, I wanted to do a 2.4. Time constraints and not having another car to drive kind of made me go toward the 2.0, but now that I have another vehicle and time, I want to do this the way I want it. This is going to be my shot at my idea of a perfect car. I don't care about the time or money involved, I just want to do it right.

nice.

I'm thinking about picking up my old boss's laser.

it's on 12psi at 400whp now. The car only has 300 miles on the entire setup, and it's dying for a new tune on 30 psi. It's 2.3 liter stroked.

God damn that thing is so much fun to drive.

And I think I can get it for 4k, because he wants it gone bad.
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP
    You should know that by being a racing driver, you are under risk all the time. and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win, and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, its not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, I race to Win, as long as I feel its possible – Ayrton Senna

damn son. i really want to pick up a galant vr4 when the eclipse starts getting toward a finishing stage. either that or a 1g eclipse. 4k for that car sounds really reasonable.

ORLY???

Quote Originally Posted by doober75
    1. get a new fuckin tranny. goin with shep stage 2 rebuild
    2. new sheet metal 1G intake manifold
    3. get re-tuned for higher boost and shootin for 500awhp
    shep is good stuff. if you're going for 500, i would recommend at least the stage 3 though. as for sheet metal intake manifold, go with the jmfab. threads have discussed this over and over again and it beats the magnus out for not breaking and making more power.

ORLY???

i wanted to get at least a three but money rite now is tight and i just wanna get it on the road. i looked into dogbox racing and they have one that can hold upto 600ft/lb's for a decent price. thanks for the advise on the manifolds

and i dont think ill come close to 600. what do you think these cars should run in the 1/4? with a decent driver and set of tires? me and you both have about the same goals and were both goin on pump.

my friend was putting down mid 10's on pump in his.

ORLY???

thats sweet. 10's on pump and bein a street car is bad ass!
    i just got back from class and i have english with the owner of slowboy's lil brother. told me if i need anything hell help me out

nice.

I'm thinking about picking up my old boss's laser.

it's on 12psi at 400whp now. The car only has 300 miles on the entire setup, and it's dying for a new tune on 30 psi. It's 2.3 liter stroked.

God damn that thing is so much fun to drive.

And I think I can get it for 4k, because he wants it gone bad.
    JUMP ON THAT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES!
    only 12psi with 400whp is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by doober75
    thats sweet. 10's on pump and bein a street car is bad ass!
    i just got back from class and i have english with the owner of slowboy's lil brother. told me if i need anything hell help me out
    most of the dsm guys i know quit dealing with sbr. those guys suck and are MAD overpriced. extremepsi.com is the only people i deal with. they have always given me great prices AND discounts once i started using them a bunch. not to mention their shipping is free and it only takes 2 days to get to you on average.

ORLY???

damn son. i really want to pick up a galant vr4 when the eclipse starts getting toward a finishing stage. either that or a 1g eclipse. 4k for that car sounds really reasonable.
    My buddy has a Galant VR-4 someone just fucked his shit up to, take a look
    http://abilenestreetscene.com/The_Sc...php?f=1&t=6604
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman47
    you know the world is fucked up when a man getting pounded in the ass by a horse is not the weirdest thing you've seen today
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac2118
    I’m not going to have sex with you just so you can ask for cum on your face

yea it has a whole lot of other shit, i really need to get some pics up of it to show you guys.

You should have mentioned something about the galant vr4's earlier, HE HAD TWO, one was totalled but could have been used for parts, and the other one had no motor. sold both for 700 bucks.
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP

oh man, that is just wrong... seriously. i could have played mix and match, AND SOLD A TON OF PARTS! oh well. if you see anymore for sale for a reasonable price, please let me know immediately.

ORLY???

oh man, that is just wrong... seriously. i could have played mix and match, AND SOLD A TON OF PARTS! oh well. if you see anymore for sale for a reasonable price, please let me know immediately.

no doubt....
    1999 Civic Si -- EBP
    1999 Civic Si -- FBP

well i look at #998 of 1000 on sunday, 170k miles, guy is asking 3500.00

If I like the car (gvr4), I will buy it on the spot.
    obviously it is a 1992, it is between this car(virgin),

and another 92 DSM Eclipse..(the clipse has ACT 2600, eibach road race springs (rare), GAB struts/shocks (rare), ingalls camber bolts on the front, stainless steel clutch line, optima red top battery, stainless steel brake lines, and a K&N filter.183k miles but 5k on rebuild for 2500) even for the price of the clipse, I dont like buying modded cars...

To be honest I want the gvr4, due to the sleeper aspect...
    I've been patiently biding my time since I parted out the all motuh honduh...
    Now I want a fun awd mountain car...

I suppose I could make the old lady sell the 98 camry, and just buy em both?

Not to mention the fact that the VR4 is a rare ass car.

ORLY???

yeah I want it... I've been researching all that is vr-4 for the past two days...
    it even has the orig radio, and floor mats for christ sakes!!!!!

I miss my 91 GSX, I should have never sold it. The Guy who bought it wrecked it 3 days after I sold it to him. I spent close to 2000 hours on that car. My goal for now is to get another 1st Gen AWD DSM to start on before the end of 08. Their getting hard to find now, you hardly ever see one. Especially with the stock GSX side skirts and lips. Lol my name says it all, it's where my love for four bangers began, Mine was tuned to 394awhp on 91 octane, daily driver for almost 7 years flawlessly.
    Last edited by dvsdsm; 05-27-2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Fell Asleep
    I'm in the Teg doin a buck 40 No Passenger, feelin like a filthy rich drug trafficker, see didn't nobody give me shit I got my ass on the interstate, made sure momma had food on that dinner plate.

That's one of the cleaner 1g engine bays I've seen. Not bad.

ORLY???

Thanks much Batman, whats your MOS?
    I'm in the Teg doin a buck 40 No Passenger, feelin like a filthy rich drug trafficker, see didn't nobody give me shit I got my ass on the interstate, made sure momma had food on that dinner plate.

Thread Information