Thread: clicking noise while turning right

Default clicking noise while turning right

I own a 95 accord ex coupe 2.2. when I make a right turn there is a clicking noise coming from the the left front side, i think. what can it be. cv joint, tie rod? help please

It sounds like you're in the right direction. Check underneath for a torn cv boots.

sounds like a tie rod to me
    本田1991 Acura Integra H22A-LSD本田
    ^Click For Info On Car^
    VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC.
    No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, not anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. Period.

Would a ball joint make that sound?

actually that is what i meant... I was reading your last comment and I was "that is what I said" and then I looked at what I wrote, and felt retarded.

But, yes, ball joints is what clicks when turning. It wears down the rubber that is around the joint and becomes metal to metal
    本田1991 Acura Integra H22A-LSD本田
    ^Click For Info On Car^
    VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC.
    No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, not anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. Period.

yeah, the rubber aroun it is torn. I threw a heavy concentration of grease in there for now till i replace both of them.

Default Quality of Aftermarket Driveshafts ???

Hi all, I hate to be penny pinching but, my accord has 106k miles and I had a broken cv boot on the drivers side driveshaft. My question is how good are the aftermarket DS's, because I did not have a lot of time and this repair was a first for me I purchased a After Market DS from Auto Zone. The DS was very easy to put in. Should I replace the boots on my old OEM DS and keep as spare or turn in for core charge. ??? Also how many miles may I expect to get out of the aftermarket DS ??? Thank you in advance.

The clicking sound when you turn is the CV joint. As for aftermarket CV joint, well you get what you pay for...
    Underword Importz - Hi-performance parts witout the high prices

Ball joints do not click when turning. The only way to tell a failing ball joint is to look for a torn boot. The rubber boot keeps the grease in the joint, which lubricates the metal. There is no rubber on the actual metal of the joint. Tie rods also do not click. If a tie rod fails, steering will not work properly. The tie rod also has a ball joint on it, and the inspection process is the same as the upper and lower suspension ball joints.

As stated, a CV joint ("axle") is what is clicking. The torn boot means that the grease all leaked out, as described, and the joint is drying out. I've been running remanufactured ones from Napa and AutoZone for years... 90-93 Accord axles with a modified H22... no issues. New Honda parts are ALWAYS better, but these remanufactured ones have been working for me, and many people I know.

www.cb7tuner.com - 1990-1993 Honda Accord forum
    www.cd5tuner.com - 1994-1997 Honda Accord forum

I've used the autozone ones for years and never really had any complaints. I would just turn then in for the core its not really worth the time or money to have them rebuilt yourself. I only had to replace them once on my 86 prelude and before I retired her she had 280k miles
    "I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our Job is simply to arrange the meeting." H. Norman Schwarzkopf, 11 Sep 2001
    97 Prelude SH F/S listing in classifieds!

The only remanufactured ones I've ever heard of causing problems were the ones from Advance Auto. I have two friends that used them in their cars (one 92 and one 93). Both give a slight bump when driving, like something isn't properly balanced. It continued on both cars even after a proper alignment and wheel balancing, and both guys determined that it had to be the axles.

I've been running my Napa reman for over 5 years now... about 70,000 miles. 60,000+ have been with an H22. 20,000 or so have been with a 6 puck racing clutch that provides a sharp engagement. Still no issues. The Autozone axle is about a year old, so I can't say much for the reliability just yet. So far so good though!

Default CV JOINTS BAD

I need a service manual on how to replace my CV joints in my 1998 Honda Accord. And any tricks and tips would be very helpful too.

My Bro and Me are going to try to replace them this weekend. I also have been told to replace the axle with the CV joint.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Steve

These guys are right. Definetely could be axles, Lower Ball Joints, or even Tie-Rods. Good luck.
    I Love My DA

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSRDA9 View Post
    These guys are right. Definetely could be axles, Lower Ball Joints, or even Tie-Rods. Good luck.
    Yeah... that was pretty much determined quite some time ago... well, that it was the axles. You didn't read at all, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by steve2mh View Post
    I need a service manual on how to replace my CV joints in my 1998 Honda Accord. And any tricks and tips would be very helpful too.

My Bro and Me are going to try to replace them this weekend. I also have been told to replace the axle with the CV joint.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Steve

http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110129

Replacing them as rebuilt assembly are the way to go. By the time you add up each individual parts cost, don't be surprised if whole axles are only a couple more dollars or even cheaper. And yes stay away from Advance axles I get mine from the local mom & pops auto parts store in town. My axles where only $45.00 each with a LIFETIME warranty.(Re-maned by Cardone)

Thread Information