Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: **Newbies**Introduce Yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by poormansporsche
    Hi everyone.

I'm the proud owner of a '92 Civic, not sure how you guys equate it to eg, ek or whatever d16z6 motor, basic mods, rims, steering wheel, intake, etc. Just installed two alarm as some little scrote took my last stereo. Working on plans for big mods, but not sure which direction to take this in, was looking at some sort of v6, but its too cold now. Anyone with any ideas feel free to suggest and advise.

Regards

Phil
    West Yorkshire, UK
    V6? That would take a lot of modifications. I would just suggest to turbo the D or swap for a B16 or B18.
    本田1991 Acura Integra H22A-LSD本田
    ^Click For Info On Car^
    VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC.
    No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, not anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. Period.

Hey new hear, names Jake, from Vancouver Island B.C.
    Ive owned quite a few vehicles, and currently got a DC2 tegra, and two ef's.
    This is my favorite car though, it was a 300$ piece of crap last year. ive slowly been building it. its got a b18b with low k, ys1 trans, exedy stg 2 clutch, 8lb fidanza flywheel, 58mm turbonetics T3T4, drag manifold, tial wg, HKS ssq bov (tucked in the wheel well ;) ) spearco fmic, converted it to obd1 and its tuned on a Chiped ecu. its got a long ways to go, but i do all the work myself (except tuning and love playing with it. Inside, sparco sprints, sparco 4 points, autometer gauges, crx dash and door panels, momo wheel, pioneer deck. its got Tein SS up front, with skunk2 sleves in the rear for now.
    gonna do my rear disc swap soon, new suspension, fix the interior up, paint the engine bay and wire tuck, cage, more boost, and i think a cf lip ... ohhh and lower it more when i put my new tires on! (Y)
    any comments or pointers would be appreciated .

nice car man.
    ^Click For Info On Car^
    VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC.
    No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, not anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. Period.

Hey everyone

newbie here from Ohio, just recently bought 93 civic lx d15b7 with about 188,000 for $400.00. Currently replacing blown head gasket, alternator, water pump, timing belt and fresh tune up. no big plans fo this car, just going to be my daily driver along with my 88 accord dx.

Thanks

Tom

Hi, I'm KC I live in Crescent Oklahoma. I own a 93' Honda civic Del-sol S D16Z6 (sohc). It's my daily driver and I'm planning to add some OZ superleggera (17"). Also an invader body kit, m3 roadster fenders, gtr wing, euro taillights ,skunk2 cat-back exhaust and lambo door hinges.
    Last edited by maverick159; 12-29-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: adding some things

d16y8
    iceman CAI
    ported I/M
    gasket matched I/M & DC header
    *test pipe-----"hollow cat"
    thrush glass pack
    magnaflow muffler
    2"1/4 (combo makes a rare lower tone)
    JUNE cam - mild grind
    APEXi VFAC
    B&M short throw
    BOSCH plug wires
    P/S and A/C removed (not worth it)
    Enkei RS7's
    bridgestone potenzas 215/40/17
    baer slotted rotors
    stop-tech pads
    single 12" MTX
    Alpine amp w/moderate 250 watt RMS
    Alpine cap
    Attached Images Attached Images

DAMN i bet that Rex hawls

nice car....love the Enkei's
    ^Click For Info On Car^

I'm Matt
    I drive a 95 Civic EX
    I am debating a B16
    I just bought the car for $3000 (a steal IMO) after getting rearended in my 92 Accord DX.

Default Hello everyone!

First I would like to say Hello to everyone! My name is Aaron and I live in Southwest Missouri just outside of Springfield. My brother and I just purchased a 1990 ITA/H4 Honda Civic Si road race car. The car is pretty well sorted but we will be making some changes including a complete paint job inside and out.

Here is a run down of the car:

Engine D16A6:
    .020 Over
    Balanced and Blueprinted
    OPM ITA prepped head
    SMSP 4-1 Header
    Dynomax race muffler / No Cat
    Unorthodox racing crankshaft pulley
    MSD Ignition wires
    AEM Cold Air intake

Transmission:
    ATS 4.73 Final Drive
    OPM Limited Slip Differential

Suspension:
    Koni SPSS3 Race Shocks (shortened and re-valved)
    Ground Control perches/sleeves
    ERS Springs Front and Rear
    Suspension Techniques adj. rear sway bar
    Energy Suspension Hyper Flex bushings
    Front and Rear Strut Bars
    Street N Track brake cooling ducts attached to spindle
    Goodridge steel braided brake lines
    Carbotech Panther XP9 brake pads
    Panasport 14x7 Ultralites Wheels w/Hoosier s04
    Team Dynamics 14x7 Wheels w/Toyo RA1

Body:
    6 Point roll cage
    Cobra Monaco race seat
    IO Port seatback brace
    Momo Mod 78 race steering wheel
    LTB steering wheel quick release
    OMP race pedals
    G-Force 5 pt. Harness
    IO Port fire extinguisher
    Longacre cut off switch
    G-Force window net with GM quick release
    IO Port camera mount
    AMB Transponder
    4 panel wink mirror
    Longacre Hot Lap timer
    Autometer Gauges water temp, oil temp, oil pressure
    Autometer Shift Light

I am sure that I forgot some things but this is what comes to mind at the moment.

Again Hello everyone!
    Aaron
    Last edited by ITA47; 01-09-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Default Hello

Hello. Im RoadsterRunner and i'm from Portugal.

I currently own a 92 Civic VTI Sallon and a '00 S2000. I use both cars on a day to day normal use without any mods.
    Civic its now on his 240000 kms and S2000 on his 80000 kms (1 mile = 1,6 kilometers).
    Im very happy with both. What i most like at these are their reliability, performance and handling. Nowadays, i can say that Civic could have better brakes. I had only one issue with Civic, at 130000 kms the distribution had to be changed.

Good rides for all,

RoadsterRunner

From TN

Car is 92 dx hatch. Auto tranny, AC, PS, 230K miles. Bought the car dirt cheap 3 years ago and it has never let me down until recently. It is making a lot of valve train noise, hesitating, and smoking pretty bad. I am trying to just put a direct replacement in there for now and continue to use it as a commuter.

Plans for the car in the next 12-18 months are a swap, not sure of what series, but I have a 97 Cobra with a procharger, 400+rwhp, and I want the civic to be there with it if not pulling away. The cobra is pretty heavy compared to the dx so it wouldnt take near as much power to keep up and should still keep decent MPG.

Anyway, hello..
    97 Cobra-Procharger and stuff
    2000 GT- wife charged
    1992 DX hatch

Well, I just joined up and figured I would introduce myself. My name is Ian and Ive been tinkering with cars for years, dont spend to much time on forums though, I just search when I need somthing. I recently bought a 1990 Acura Integra GS, I got it for a steel due to the fact that it had rod knock. While limping it from where I bought it to my house the engine ported its bottom end in spectacular fashion. The chassis has 244,000 miles on it, but today I dropped in a slightly fresher 110,000 mile B18A1. The main reason I got this car is for a winter beater/daily driver. During the summer I drive a 1995 Nissan 240SX SE with a Redtop SR20DET. The 240 is for fun, the integra is for transportation. Now Im off to figure out where the electrical timing jumper plug is on this thing so I can set timing.

How to drain your enigine oil like a man.

hmmm, i think i see the problem.. not sure ill get back to you

Hey. My name's Peter. I'm from Australia. I've got a 1990 Honda Civic SiR (EF9) and a 1970 Buick Gran Sport (pretty rare round here). Love the Honda cause it's got VTEC and revs. Love the Buick cause it's got this thing called torque and it looks tough.

why do you have american plates on the Buick?
    ^Click For Info On Car^

cause i imported it myself in 2006. the victorian plates say BUIKGS. that pic was taken in the shipping yard thing just before it left it's homeland. it's still left hand drive though because it's over 30 years old so I don't have to convert it to right hand drive. if we didn't have to convert, I would have gotten an 87 Buick Grand National.

Smile

hey i am chris i have a 2 door 5 speed dohc 1.6L 1987 acura integra. want to do a body kit flare out the wheel wells paint lambo or suicide the doors engine and tranny swap redo interior exhaust and am going to automotive school so plan on doing alot myself.

i meant suicide or lambo doors not both

Quote Originally Posted by aussie455
    cause i imported it myself in 2006. the victorian plates say BUIKGS. that pic was taken in the shipping yard thing just before it left it's homeland. it's still left hand drive though because it's over 30 years old so I don't have to convert it to right hand drive. if we didn't have to convert, I would have gotten an 87 Buick Grand National.
    got anymore pics of it?

"bitches love me cause they know that i can rock"

damn that EF is so fucking nice, trade for a busted, boosted LHD EF?

Hey there, my name is steve and i have 6 kids (4boys, 92hatch and 93 hatch si) look forward to talking with you guys more seeing as i would like to get my hatch to the 250hp mark.
    I see civicmatt is also living in the land of enchantment i might be hitting you up for advice, talk to you guys soon, peace.

Here's a pic of my hatch, ill post pics of the wife's si when she gets home.

^^ D15b8, 8 valve... thats like 70+ hp hell ya.

Thread Information