Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official : How much boost can i handle thread

Trained in the art of psi Krazed's Avatar
    My Boost technique is strong, you are no match!

Default Official : How much boost can i handle thread

I will keep this as a sticky, as this is probably the most asked question in here. If you dont see your motor, make a post and i will add it to the list. All assuptions are based on stock motor, with midsize T3/T4 turbo, and minimal fuel and timing upgrades. if you need something more specific let me know and ill help you out.

Honda/Acura:
    d15- 7psi
    d16- 8psi
    b16- 8 1/2psi
    d17a2- 7-8psi
    B18b- 10psi
    b18c-8 1/2psi
    k20- 8psi
    k24- 6-8 psi
    f23- 8psi
    f22- 8psi
    h23- 8psi
    h22- 8 1/2psi
    b20- 6-8 psi
    Nissan
    k24- 8 1/2psi
    sr20de- 8psi
    sr20det- 12-14psi
    vq20de- 6-8psi
    vg30- 10-12psi
    vq35- 8 1/2 psi
    rb20- 8-10 psi
    rb25- 12-14psi
    rb26- 15-18psi

Mitsu
    4g63- 8-10psi
    4g64- 8-10psi
    4g92- 6psi
    6a12- 6-7psi
    420a- 8psi

Mini cooper
    standard motor- 5-6psi

Toyota
    2jzgt- 8 1/2 psi
    2jzgte- 15-18psi
    4afe- 6psi
    7afe- 6-7psi
    1zzfe- 6psi
    xa-xb scion standard motor- 6psi
    (ScionTC) 2azfe- 8 1/2 psi

Mazda
    zmd- 6-7 psi
    fsd- 6-8psi
    Last edited by Krazed; 08-30-2007 at 03:49 PM.

what about if you set the motor for boost but don't do the sleeves for d16z6?
    live today for tomarrow for yesterday is just a memerory away!

Turbo loves D16Z6

d16 is listed.

Sorry I ment build without sleevs.
    live today for tomarrow for yesterday is just a memerory away!

Turbo loves D16Z6

d17a2??
    Last edited by Krazed; 01-04-2007 at 09:48 AM.

hey d, your quotes for the mitsu 4g63 are drastically off.

it can handle up to 400 whp, which is roughly 45 lbs./min or more. this translates into at least 24 psi if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by FknTkn
    It sucks and as much as I hate to admit it, Batman was right
    ORLY???

my friend ran 22psi all day everyday with a small 16G for a good amount of miles with upgraded fuel mods and a stock bottom end...granted smaller than a t3/t4 but you get the idea.

It's more about the fuel/tuning on a stock motor than anything else. There's a k20 running 19psi on pump gas with a stock motor. I'm not saying everyone should do this or it will last forever, but there are just too many variables that go into a setup even with a stock motor that will determine how much boost you can run safely.

Got boost?

I think he is trying to just set a baseline for stock engines, unmodded, which are what 90% of people that ask the questions have....no fuel upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte
    I think he is trying to just set a baseline for stock engines, unmodded, which are what 90% of people that ask the questions have....no fuel upgrades.
    If you're running a Honda engine on boost with no fuel upgrades, you're retarded and deserve to grenade your motor.

Toyota 2ZZ-GE: in 7th gen (2000+) Celica GT-S

please

ok let me clarify

hey d, your quotes for the mitsu 4g63 are drastically off.

it can handle up to 400 whp, which is roughly 45 lbs./min or more. this translates into at least 24 psi if not more.
    thats a low estimate for a t3/t4 which is what i am figuring all these in. and again i know you can make much more power, but as a baseline with minimal fuel and timimg upgrades this is a path to follow. you will need some sort of fuel controller on all of these, but to safely run boost with a T3/T4, on the street, this is a guideline. 24lbs on a T3/T4 would be actually more in the 450+ range which would need heavy modification to the car to allow. not really applicable on a stock setup.

and like i said i know you can tune a honda motor to over 600hp on a stock motor, but that doesnt mean its efficiant or safe. These again are Guidelines for a safe street build on a stock motor with minimal fuel and timing upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by H22_YA1
    Toyota 2ZZ-GE: in 7th gen (2000+) Celica GT-S

please
    unfortunately im not sure on that motor, the computer does not read boost well and in turn causes many many problems in tuning. I have not come a cross as successfully turbo setup for a celica that didnt require a full motor build and a stand alone. The motor itself, just the block and head, i assume could handle 6-8psi, but that would be going on teh assumption that you could get the stock computer to accept the boost readings. We have found a way to do this on the is300, but not yet on the celica.

Quote Originally Posted by redcivic02
    d17a2??
    added, and click the link in my sig if you are looking for a good turbo kit for your car

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Attack
    added, and click the link in my sig if you are looking for a good turbo kit for your car
    blind you are located only about 15 min from me according to your website.

I have an 97 integra ls and i just bought a turbo kit from a buddy that is moving. I really don't know much about force induction. i need some help so i could get my car running again. I install the turbo and the intercooler, i got larger injectors (440cc) and new fuel pump. it doesn't turn over. do you have any suggestions that could help me??

We need a "how much spray can i handle" thread

Your sig doesnt show a turbo kit for the D17 maybe im just blind though

I don't see B20A5 for us 3 gen owners.

added

im currently running a low boost lsvtec on ~7psi (spring set tial wastegate no boost controller) with a t3/t4 57trim, tuned with apexi powerfc. the block and head are stock, but rebuilt with ARP hardware including rod bolts, fresh bearings and rings, and cometic head gasket. 650cc injectors and B&M fpr are the only fuel upgrades. i planned to up the boost in the spring (after tax returns) to ~10psi but am curious if the motor would reliably handle more, say ~12+ psi? yes, i plan to upgrade the fuel pump before i retune. what kind of power would i see with 10psi? 12psi?(currently making 280whp fyi)

thanks for your input
    billy

on that build you could probably see close to 300 with a good tune safely.

okay if i had a zdyne secu and ,eagle rotating assembly stock stroke balanced,82mm srp9.2 comp pistons,acl race bearings ,kms oil pump 100psi with syntec 10w40 oil and honda filter, and a ported fully polished head equipted with stainles nitrate coated .5 oversize valves, stock camshafts, port and polished throttlebody , ported intake matched to throttle body, tial external wastgate, t3 t4 turbo cast manifold, 2.5 inch custom downpipe and full 2.5 exhaust no cat , 6 puck disk and 1900 pressure plate full msd everything even studer box . oh the engine is a b18a1 block with cylinder gaurd and crank girdle support ,full arp head/main studs through hole engine 96 b18b head 1990 acura ys1 tranny in my 1990 crx si how much power could i make , what whould be the most reliable boost psi i could run for a daily on 450cc injectors and a fpr and if i put cams in whats the highest i can rev while still making power without a really hard idle.

Has anyone boosted a stock H22 with 7 or 8lbs? Just wondering what kind of power ya made if you did.
    95 Integra GSR w/ H22 Swap 5spd
    Short Ram Intake & AEM Filter
    HotShot Header
    Tanabe Exhaust
    18" Concept Five wheels
    P13 Skunk2 Chipped & Tuned ECU

whats a good program to tune with?

Thread Information