Thread: turbo timer ? what does it do

Default turbo timer ? what does it do

ya shut up, i dont know anything about forced induction other then the basics, but what exactly does a turbo timer do for the car, thats so good ? or what does it do period, just trying to get a grasp on things
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman47
    you know the world is fucked up when a man getting pounded in the ass by a horse is not the weirdest thing you've seen today
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac2118
    Iím not going to have sex with you just so you can ask for cum on your face

Trained in the art of psi Krazed's Avatar
    My Boost technique is strong, you are no match!

A turbo timer is used to let you car idle for a moment to let the oil that flowing through your tubo cool down. Without the oil flowing and cooling, you would have bubbling hot oil just stop not only in your lines but in your turbo. This is bad for two reasons.
    1. the oil that stops in your lines will bubble in one spot and produce residue that will eventually clog yuor lines and restrict oil to the turbo.
    2. The turbo itself is cooled by the oil, and if it is just left to bubble in the turbo, it can cause residue and does not let heat escape the turbo which can cause heat damage to the internal shaft and bearings on the turbo.

how doy ou lock you own thread ?
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman47
    you know the world is fucked up when a man getting pounded in the ass by a horse is not the weirdest thing you've seen today
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac2118
    Iím not going to have sex with you just so you can ask for cum on your face

you dont. and dont worry about locking it, its a good question. other people can see it and be helped as well. no need to lock.

Ya, don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how stupid it may sound.

You asked what was a Turbo Timer, Hell I didn't know that either.
    But now we both know...

can turbo timers be used without turbos aswell? to let the engine run a bit, or is that something different? thanks

yes they can. an apexi turbo timer is also setup for N/A vehicles and includes many other features.

and on a second note it also lets coolant run thru the turbo a lil while longer after the car is shut off.

Question

Hi I would just like to know if you leave the engine to idle its self while parked for say.. 1 minute before you turn the key off would this effectivly do the same thing as a turbo timer? Thanks.

Yep.
    Exactly the same thing a turbo timer would do.
    The advantage of a turbo timer is allowing your car to idle a minute without you having to be near the vehicle.

I have a HKS turbo timer and its great... but the only problem is when the ignition is turned of the fan source is also turned off. I have not had my car overheat idling but the temp still rises which also raises oil temp, nowhere near the temp of the turbine housing though. I need to wire the fan source to the timer and this problem is fixed. I don't know if all Hondas or other manufacture has this same situation.

92 HONDA CIVIC EX (EH9) D16Z6 Vitara build and stuffing boost down her throat!!

Quote Originally Posted by d16z6_civic View Post
    I have a HKS turbo timer and its great... but the only problem is when the ignition is turned of the fan source is also turned off. I have not had my car overheat idling but the temp still rises which also raises oil temp, nowhere near the temp of the turbine housing though. I need to wire the fan source to the timer and this problem is fixed. I don't know if all Hondas or other manufacture has this same situation.
    I think I have the same problem. When ignition is off my fans don't come on. On my old 1996 Prelude, when I turned off the ignition, sometimes the fans would kick on too.
    Boosted Dc5 441whp 303wtq

Default turbo timer what does it do

Ive heard nothing but good things, even the person I bought the turbo off had his car done by Dan.

Time to give him a PM

Default -

i was referencing a bigger single turbo rather than two smaller ones tony. i already have a gt35r for my setup only cost me 100. im only going to run 1 bar and am hoping for 450-500.

Default -

ive got most of the outlying parts already such as intercooler oil lines blow off valve...etc...i was wondering about rebuilding the turbo itself if anyone knwos about that?

Default Babes Sex Amateur on my site

Just check this out,

Default Teen XXX cams on my site

Excellent and high-quality absolutely free and easy to watch on any device, just

Default Teen XXX Amateur on my website

to your liking, and quickly move to the section with on this topic. All categories are packed enough to make

Default Babes XXX Live cams on my site

says:Just check this out, for free!

Default -

Wait a dsm eclipse? What manifold are you going to use and you do realize that the dsm turbo faces the other direction I'm assuming. If you are paying more than 100 I say go elsewhere. I got my Evo 8 16g with 20k on it and no shaft play for 250 shipped.

Thread Information