Thread: Tips on getting the best replies to your threads. READ!

Default Tips on getting the best replies to your threads. READ!

Look through the Accord forum right now. How many threads are entitled "help me"? Quite a few, right? Now, look deeper. Look into some of the threads here... how many ask a question and give NO info on the car in question? Also quite a few. Now, how many of those threads are in ALL CAPS? How many use absolutely no punctuation? How many are so horribly missplled or typed in ghettohomeyGfunkstyle? Read these simple tips, and watch as the flaming turns into helping. The members that will be the rudest to you when you're being a moron are quite often those that know the most!

So...

BEFORE you do ANYTHING... SEARCH! The search function isn't the greatest. We know that. As long as you seem to have shown SOME effort, people probably won't mind. If you know a topic has been covered but a search doesn't answer your question, that's fine.

If seacrching doesn't get you an answer, then follow these rules:

1) Make your title clear. In the title, say something like "92 Accord ignition problem" or "98 Accord rotor question". Just enough that the people that happen to know about that model Accord and the part you're looking for info on will bother opening the thread.

2) When you write the body of your thread, PLEASE give details. What year is your car? What trim (LX, EX, DX, SE... it matters) Manual? Automatic? What are your mods?

3) Type CLEARLY. Don't type in all caps... that won't get you noticed, it'll get you yelled at. Use some punctuation. You don't have to be an English major. Just toss a period in every now and then so people can grasp what you're saying. If you can't read in between periods out loud without taking a breath, your sentence is too long... and people won't bother reading it. If they do, there's a chance they won't understand properly and give you bad advice! That goes for the netspeekers too... don't say "wut cn i use dis 4?"... say "what can I use this for"... people won't think they're responding to a 13 year old, and they might actually take the time to help.

You're welcome.

www.cb7tuner.com - 1990-1993 Honda Accord forum

well said amigo. i just hope everyone reads this....................I am not too concerned about the CAPS .or misspelling or punctuations, you can pretty much get what they are trying to say..............But most definartely YEAR, MODEL .ENGINE TYPE, TRANNY TYPE and if any engine swaps.. and 1 last thing any work that they attempted to do,, or have done..and to be more specigic especially when it comes to noises,, ( left, right, frt, rear , engine comp, inside car ) etc etc...

when im driving my car just changez sount when im going fast i dont know what it could be but it feels like it has more power is that wrong could it be sumthing about to blow up cuz my friend did that b4 he though he was gonig faster and he blew his motor on his elcispse i dnt want to blow anything up plz help thanks!

Canyou identify my issue?

this is why deevergote > me

Which gear are driving on when this happens?

Deevergote...

No disrespect, *as this would be my first post on this forum* but the first post in this thread (made by you) is addressing issues of poor grammar, misspellings, use of punctuation, etc. I looked over the post & you've made similar errors to the ones that you are addressing, quite honestly.

I'm not an english teacher, so please don't reply with a remark of the such. I'm just saying that NO ONE is perfect, so you shouldn't expect anyone to be.

I totally agree with the OVERALL point being made. It is very frustrating to make comments to members when you can't understand what they are trying to say. And i say this to you as someone who's run 3 forums of my own in th past. I totally agree with your efforts.

With this said, I will try to make sure that every one of my questions or inquiries are thoroughly detailed with as much information needed to get a clear, supportive answer...

Again, no disrespect, but try to respect the fact that no one is perfect and they never will be.

Hey Sylence,

Next time please read all the words .

Did you see the part in deevergote's post where it says "Can you identify my issue? "???

deevergote simply posted an example of what not to do

Wow, I just saw these last replies...

I do have a firm grasp on the English language. I have two college degrees, and I'm about start on my third. I overuse the ellipsis for effect on forums (no, I would never do it for academic purposes). Otherwise, I do believe I type quite clearly. I may make mistakes from time to time, but they rarely (meaning never) have a negative effect on the message I'm trying to convey.

And yes, Nafets nailed it. That second post was simply an illustration of the idiocy we have to deal with here. Quite honestly, that was much more difficult for me to type than the first post!

I figured someone might enjoy trying to figure out what I was asking about in that mess... as I did have a specific problem in mind.

Angry My Honda Accord 93 Model Does not Rev Up

I have noticed that when i match the trottle pedal at idle speed or engage from gear one to two on my HONDA ACCORD 93 model that the tacometer drops instead of revving up.,if i did not floor the clutch most times it will jerk to a stop.

Please your advice is needed, i have adjusted the distributor but the problem persists.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by deserthonda View Post
    well said amigo. i just hope everyone reads this....................I am not too concerned about the CAPS .or misspelling or punctuations, you can pretty much get what they are trying to say..............But most definartely YEAR, MODEL .ENGINE TYPE, TRANNY TYPE and if any engine swaps.. and 1 last thing any work that they attempted to do,, or have done..and to be more specigic especially when it comes to noises,, ( left, right, frt, rear , engine comp, inside car ) etc etc...
    i have a 96 ex accord,automatic it has intake,cat back exhaust,and lowering springs.
    haven't had good luck so far,i had to buy a new motor the old one was an f22b1 new one is f22b jdm. went to put the tranny on and had the dowel pins lined up and it was about an 1/8 inch. from block and it busted the housing do you have any suggestions or anybody?

Why do people ask questions in this thread? I swear to god... some people are just fucking stupid.

DO NOT ASK TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD!!! Make your own thread in the forum. People will help you. If you ask in this thread, I will simply point and laugh... and allow your post to remain, unanswered, for future generations of HHU members to enjoy.

For me I think what matters most is, the title should be very clear,
    "92 Accord ignition problem" or "98 Accord rotor question"
    second thing the question should be clear and direct, that really brings views as well as comments on your posts.
    Brother Marvin
    Get me through:
    Sound Systems
    Bentley Continental
    Ferrari 458

Quote Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
    Look through the Accord forum right now. How many threads are entitled "help me"? Quite a few, right? Now, look deeper. Look into some of the threads here... how many ask a question and give NO info on the car in question? Also quite a few. Now, how many of those threads are in ALL CAPS? How many use absolutely no punctuation? How many are so horribly missplled or typed in ghettohomeyGfunkstyle? Read these simple tips, and watch as the flaming turns into helping. The members that will be the rudest to you when you're being a moron are quite often those that know the most!

So...

BEFORE you do ANYTHING... SEARCH! The search function isn't the greatest. We know that. As long as you seem to have shown SOME effort, people probably won't mind. If you know a topic has been covered but a search doesn't answer your question, that's fine.

If seacrching doesn't get you an answer, then follow these rules:

1) Make your title clear. In the title, say something like "92 Accord ignition problem" or "98 Accord rotor question". Just enough that the people that happen to know about that model Accord and the part you're looking for info on will bother opening the thread.

2) When you write the body of your thread, PLEASE give details. What year is your car? What trim (LX, EX, DX, SE... it matters) Manual? Automatic? What are your mods?

3) Type CLEARLY. Don't type in all caps... that won't get you noticed, it'll get you yelled at. Use some punctuation. You don't have to be an English major. Just toss a period in every now and then so people can grasp what you're saying. If you can't read in between periods out loud without taking a breath, your sentence is too long... and people won't bother reading it. If they do, there's a chance they won't understand properly and give you bad advice! That goes for the netspeekers too... don't say "wut cn i use dis 4?"... say "what can I use this for"... people won't think they're responding to a 13 year old, and they might actually take the time to help.

You're welcome.
    see

I'm brand new to this. I have a 1997 Honda accord 2.2 4 cylinder automatic. I just baught this car. I can drive this car all day but around 3 hours of driving the coolant is gone . it is leaving from the over flow. Only over heats when at red lights and major traffic. As soon as I give it gas it goes back to normal. I add about a gallon of water every other day which is rarely easy I just do it before work. But I'm constantly worries about traffic so I would like to get this fixed. The tail pipes blow no white smoke the oil is pure oil no white or milkey color. Spark plugs are dry. But there's a thick yellow/tan substance on my radiator cap when I pull it off. Any ideas guys?

Also, make a new thread to ask your question. Don't post questions about your car in the sticky threads. Don't resurrect posts from 2002 to ask a question, because the replies given will likely be to the original poster (who likely hasn't had an Accord for well over a decade.)
    If you have a question about your car, make your own thread. Do this after searching, and verifying that a thorough answer to your question is not readily available.

Or, as I said in 2009...
    Quote Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
    Why do people ask questions in this thread? I swear to god... some people are just fucking stupid.

DO NOT ASK TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD!!! Make your own thread in the forum. People will help you. If you ask in this thread, I will simply point and laugh... and allow your post to remain, unanswered, for future generations of HHU members to enjoy.

Default Tips on getting the best replies to your threads READ

any other suggestions for gps sounder?? under 200? im reading botu the 441 and ppl say it blurs out and costs another hundred for maps and gotta get sd cards etc... blah blah blah... and humminbirds suck horribly

Thread Information