PDA

View Full Version : Shaved Door Handles

JerZeY_ReZiDenT
04-02-2002, 04:52 PM
I would like to do that to my car, but is it legal in New Jersey? :???: Some of my friends think that you can't do it, but they don't know for sure. Is there anybody out there that knows for sure?

ImportNightRider
04-02-2002, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that your friends don't know what the hell they are talking about. I've never heard of a law anywhere that keeps you from doing it. Alot of sports cars come with no handles at all on the outside of the door. Ex.a Dodge Viper You have to reach in to open it unless you have a alarm installed on it to automatically open it...so if there is a law that prohibits you from shaving your door handles, its one of the gayest laws I've ever heard about. Hope I helped. :cool:

daytona is boring
04-02-2002, 05:15 PM
not to knock on you but u wouldn't think the law was so gay when your arms are broken and the car's on fire and nobody can get u out or better yet your at the bottom of a lake

Mr. Fabulous
04-02-2002, 05:19 PM
break the window... I think that would work. And I don't think and arm less person can help anyway. :lol: Can they even call 911. Oh yeah, with their toes. :lol:

daytona is boring
04-02-2002, 05:22 PM
On 2002-04-02 16:19, Mr. Fabulous wrote:
break the window... I think that would work. And I don't think and arm less person can help anyway. :lol: Can they even call 911. Oh yeah, with their toes. :lol:

o kay guy i said the person inside was armless dumbass

Mr. Fabulous
04-02-2002, 05:25 PM
He probably drives with his feet. :lol:
No wait he shaved the doors off himself :grin: Didn't mean to upset you

daytona is boring
04-02-2002, 05:29 PM
i dont think you understood me
first he's driving with his hands
then a car hits hom where he becomes armless then oh fuck it your making me sound like a dumbass panzee :lol: :lol:

MercedezCLK
04-02-2002, 05:29 PM
On 2002-04-02 16:22, daytona is boring wrote:
[quote]
On 2002-04-02 16:19, Mr. Fabulous wrote:

How exactly do they shave door handles-no flaming plz.
:grin:
./uploads/clksilver.gif

Mr. Fabulous
04-02-2002, 06:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, so to shave off the handles I have heard many things. But the most important is to buy the machanism that will pop the door open. I have seen these in tuner mags and other hot rod mags for sale. Don't know which. you rewire and re route everything according to your car. Take off the hande! Don't do what ricers do and tape over and paint it :lol: Place a peice of metal over it or bondo it, after removing the door handle. Don't know this part. Paint it and that's it.

So I have never done it, but I am doing it to my car soon. I'm researcing it. Will try to post it here if I find anything.

joeydollaz
04-02-2002, 10:15 PM
yeahi wanna shave my handles so bad ... i heard its pretty expensive to get done well. supposedly there are some cheap kits you can buy but the good ones are pretty damn expensive. as for it being illegal, i highly doubt that ...

and if you car is sunk in a river or on fires and ur arms are broke you in a shit load of trouble already and ur windows would prob get busted out anyways. m/o

poweredbyhonda17
04-03-2002, 02:22 PM
one of my friends had shaved door handles and it looked great, i don't remember how much it was to have done. i don't it is illegal, but ask someone who knows, a cop. but be sure to get very powerful solenoids. at least 25lB. :cool: