PDA

View Full Version : Transport Canada Honda Recall

Harry
06-28-2002, 11:47 PM
• Honda announces massive recall

[Tokyo, 28 May] - Honda is to recall more than 2 million vehicles made in Japan, USA and Canada due to a faulty ignition switch causing the engine to stall.
The Japanese company told the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport it would recall 743 417 vehicles sold in Japan, the fourth largest number reported at one time since the authority launched the recall system here in 1969
Separately in the US, American Honda announced it would recall about 1.3 million of certain Honda and Acura models sold in North America.
"As electrical contacts within the ignition switch are too high, the engine can come to a halt in the worst case," Honda Motor said.
Subject to the recall in Japan are 13 models manufactured between August 1996 and December 1999.

They include the Prelude and Odyssey produced in Japan as well as models made in the US or Canada and imported to Japan for sales here.

American Honda said its recall involves certain 1997 to 2000 models of brands such as the Honda Accord, Civic, and Acura TL sedans.

....I found the Transport Canada page, just click here, enter your car, and see if it's there.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/recalls/search2_e.asp

Anonymous
06-28-2002, 11:57 PM
Just thought I'd throw this in as well:

Ford recalls some minivans, Volvos

Ford has recalled over 250,000 Windstar minivans to fix a potentially dangerous break problem. It's also recalling thousands of Volvos over faulty cooling fans.

The automaker is recalling 1995-1996 Windstar vans built in Oakville from January 1994 to May 1996. Most were sold or registered in 20 U.S. states and Washington D.C.

Some of the brake lines were installed in a twisted position, causing contact with a panel near the catalytic converter.

This could cause the lines to corrrode and lead to a brake fluid leak, possibly resulting in longer stopping distances.

Owners were notified of the problem in May, and there have been no reported injuries or accidents resulting from the problem.

Volvo, a Ford subsidiary, is also recalling nearly 26,000 vehicles. The 1999 S-80 sedan may have a problem with its electric cooling fan, which could lead to engine fires.

JDM Civic
06-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Why is this a sticky? Its 8) though......

Looks like I have a recall.....

beauty now i can take my hybrid to Honda and watch them not work on my car for free.

SHIT

Harry
06-29-2002, 09:24 PM
....just figured it's important but whatever......but yeah, considering we don't even have a half page of topics yet, we do have too many sticky's. :D
Strange how the 98 and 99 preludes are recalled and the 00 and 01 aren't, considering they're unchanged. Maybe it's the 5hp bump they got in 00, who knows.

Anonymous
07-24-2002, 12:35 AM
ford's getting owned. :o

Harry
07-24-2002, 11:12 PM
how so?

Anonymous
07-28-2002, 01:00 AM
all the recalls and shit are really hurting them financially.

plus the imports are taking over the market shares that the domestic companies like GM and Ford used to hold.