PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

TJCCARDCO
04-02-2002, 01:42 AM
I wanted to know - I have a Tanabe Exhaust - and I like it pretty well, but Im not totally satisifed with it, I was wondering if there is something better I can get for the track. I mean the Tanabe is a little restrictive at a few points, I need something a tad bit bigger..any suggestions.

I know I'm too lazy to use the search button and I think i'm bad ass so I can mock the admin's. Hondasport is going to continue to edit any posts made mocking an admin or moderator.

So what if she can buy a gray goose with a loose vagina"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HondaSport on 2002-04-09 12:17 ]</font>

El Jefe
04-02-2002, 02:55 AM
if you know what you want from your exhaust, talk to a exhaust shop and get them to custom make one for you. It shouldnt cost anymore than a brand name.

silver_accord
04-02-2002, 09:10 AM
since you have a turbo, it would be wise to go to a 3" exhaust. I know Tanabe is not making any 3" exhaust for the accord. I guest your next best thing is to have it custom make from a shop.

I don't know if this is do able or not...buy a Tanabe 3" cat-back (Racing Medalion) that is closest to the Accord's layout, then have a shop re-bend it to your car's layout, and reweld the hangers. The reason I'm thinking about this is because I love Tanabe. :smile:

seamusaccord
04-05-2002, 12:55 AM
why not go with the apex-i n1

accordburn
04-06-2002, 02:49 PM
:???: does it cost more to get a custom? I've heard its less to get mandrel bent tubing and a universal muffler, is this true. im looking for a stainless steel system for my accord :???:

nema741
04-06-2002, 11:35 PM
On 2002-04-06 14:49, accordburn wrote:
:???: does it cost more to get a custom? I've heard its less to get mandrel bent tubing and a universal muffler, is this true. im looking for a stainless steel system for my accord :???:

it's actually alot cheaper to go to midas and have them make a complete custom exhaust and weld your muffler on the end.

DipInTraffic
04-09-2002, 06:45 AM
stainless is cool

HondaSport
04-09-2002, 12:15 PM
Most aftermarket exhaust companies make NA exhausts for Hondas. With a FI application you should have a 3" inlet muffler and a 3" piping as close to the turbo as you can go. Look into Thermal R&amp;D mufflers and have a shop make your piping.