PDA

View Full Version : h22a turbo set up Part 2

TJCCARDCO
04-02-2002, 02:14 AM
I posted all that information about the h22a turbo swap. Well, we have a few more things to take into account that I just found out today.

1. When buying a motor from anywhere online, please know in advance that IT IS NOT complete. No where close, no where near, don't even think it. When a motor leaves enters the companys shop - a lot of the wires are cut. As were my LSD Wires, and a few other wires (not as important). I was also missing 3 - 4 Tubes (very important i may add) as in Power Steering to name 1.

2. If you are turbo'n an Accord, please for god sakes buy a new radiator. The one that you have now isn't worth shit, they make Radiators for just the left side (if looking into the engine bay) so that the Turbo won't melt it to shit, they are aluminum.

3. To add to the buying motors, when examining my axels after they were put on the car, the threads on the driver side axel are so shot to shit. Thinking about saying "Use your Accord Axels?" Hmm..think again, The shaft isn't long enough (hey who hasn't heard that :lol:)

4. The oxygen sensor is one of the more important things on the entire car. I learned that today, after I almost sold my Type S Header/Downpipe, but while I was packaging it up (its currently on ebay) I realized the o2 was in there, and the guy called me not even 10 minutes later and was like "hey, do you have the old o2, because there will be a SLIGHT problem if you don't" Well, more than slight he was being just a tad bit sarcastic.

Well, just sharing my knowledge.

Later,
Mike

brabus151
04-02-2002, 11:52 AM
^^^he's just all over the place... :smile:

C-Murder
04-02-2002, 12:48 PM
so what axels do you replace your shot ones with?? just out of curiousity?

HondaSport
04-02-2002, 03:35 PM
Alot of the things your saying I dont understand.

I dont know where you bought your motor, but motors come complete unless you bought from some guy with a lousy reputation. If something comes broken (sensors) the company will replace them. This isnt the exception, its the rule.

Prelude axles are too long for a 5th gen accord. The front end shakes like a bitch if you try to use them. The only H22 in my area had them and switched to accord axles and it went away. Did you research this swap before you jumped into it?

C-Murder
04-02-2002, 03:56 PM
this should help:~~~>

http://members.aol.com/accorddrv/h22.html

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/HONDAPAGE.ivnu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: C-Murder on 2002-04-02 14:57 ]</font>

TJCCARDCO
04-02-2002, 04:42 PM
Hondasport,
to tell you the truth, the accord axels will not fit.

bgod
04-02-2002, 05:09 PM
i'm gonna set this straight. i had a 96 accord hybrid for almost 2 years. about 5-6 months being boosted.

this was my set-up
96 accord, 99h22a4, 95h22a1 tranny, 96h22a1 ecu (obd2 legal)
apexi vafc
apexi ws-test pipe
custom t3/t4b (.63a/r - 60trim, stage3)
revhard manifold
tial wastegate
tial bov
paxton fuel pump
paxton regulator
vortech 10:1 fmu
missing link
spearco intercooler
2.5 inch custom piping
fluidyne radiator

are you currently doing this swap. reason i ask is because most of your information is wrong. no one makes an aluminum radiator for an accord that only fills the driver side like the 92-95 civics. you have to have a custom unit made. the 94-97 fluidyne radiator also fits the 97-up prelude and it fits perfectly with additional slim aftermarket higher cfm fans. your ac lines will not be a problem as long as you have the right manifold and correct piping.

you do not, i repeat do not use prelude axles for the swap. if you do have a type s motor for real, it will be 97-up. the 97-up prelude axles are different from the 92-96 prelude axles. you cannot use these axles. the 92-96 axles are a bit long. you can only use the 94-97 axles if you want years and years of reliable oem axles.

the o2 sensors have nothing do with the swap. you retain the accord o2 sensor with the accord harness. everything plugs up just fine. remember the h22a 94-97 accord was a factory offering in japan.

as for the swaps not coming complete it all depends on who you get it from. most places only guarantee the main parts. if things such as the tps, o2 sensor are not there, they are not responsible. you don't need the axles anyway. most of the time wires are cut but from the harness plugs and back which is all you need.

i repeat, the JDM harness is not compatible and a direct plug in play with a usdm car. the wires are located on the opposite side of the firewall.

also, what LSD wires are you speaking of. LSD's are purely mechanical objects. there is no wiring in them whatsoever.

now if you're talking about the atts system found in the type s, you can't use it anyway because you need to run an obd2 type s ecu in order to retain that function.

things such as the power steering lines are not guaranteed with swaps. and what hoses are you speaking of that are not there. the only hose that is not easily replaceableis the coolant hard pipe behind the block which is always there. all the others are simple silicone vacuum hoses or coolant hoses. guess what, coolant hoses aren't guaranteed either and you should use new ones anyway.

i'm not understanding how your post is suppose to help out future hybrid owners or potential turbo owners??????????

TJCCARDCO
04-02-2002, 08:51 PM
just posting what the guy tells me.

bgod
04-03-2002, 10:37 AM
i can understand that. but i just wanna tell you that some of your info is wrong.

you may want to see if the guy can handle the swap and turbo install.

MECHANICTECH10
04-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I HAVE A94 HONDA CIVIC 5 SPD. WITH LSD. REPLACED ENGINE AND TRANNY WITH A 98 ACCORD S TYPE H22A TYPE R, WHICH AXELS WILL WORK?