PDA

View Full Version : bulk? whats ur secret?

Bic
05-02-2004, 09:02 PM
so protein is the key A? do i just take supplements after working out or...? im confused? ive, never dealt with supplemetns b4.. just plain free wieghts. what do you use?

96gsr
05-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Buy a good protein supplement, or if you eat enough protein you may not need it.

Just take the protein right after you lift and eat a good meal with carbohydrates within an hour or so of when you lift. Also take some form of protein before you go to bed. Cottage cheese is a good one before bed because it digests really slow so your body gets protein for several hours. I've been doing that for about three monthes now and I've seen awesome gains in size.

BigRedMonkey
05-02-2004, 09:47 PM
theoretically... most people suggest consuming around 1g of protein per lb of body weight. So if you're 150 you need around 150g of protein a day. If you're around 200 you need 200g a day. Pretty simple. Try to get most of your protein in your diet through normal meat. CHicken and fish are crazy sources of protein. Try to figure out how much protein you eat each day and then supplementing up to the level suggested with some whey protein.

You also have to make sure you get enough energy from carbs and fats so that your body does not begin to digest protein as energy. It could eat away at your muscles and you won't gain big. :o :o

Nyte Rider LS
05-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Diet, and lifting heavy. For you to do mass amounts of reps would be pointless, If I were you, i'd keep your rep range at 5-7 and go heavy.. You'll pack on size.

96gsr
05-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Max OT is a good training principle to gain lots of strength. The size gain is pretty good too.

workouts should last between 30-45 minutes.
train one or two muscle groups per day.
6-9 total heavy sets per muscle group.
4-6 reps per set. (use a weight that you can do at least 4 times but no more than 6)
train each muscle group only once per week.

epy
05-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Do you think he should do any cardio? I know him personally and he is just naturally cut.

Jon - If you willing to drive to bellevue (maybe after work?) you can be my work out partner. Work out @ Bally's for $30 a month. Let me know if your down. Be nice to have a good work out partner, for sure.

BigRedMonkey
05-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Do you think he should do any cardio? I know him personally and he is just naturally cut.

Jon - If you willing to drive to bellevue (maybe after work?) you can be my work out partner. Work out @ Bally's for $30 a month. Let me know if your down. Be nice to have a good work out partner, for sure.

NO!!! Avoid all cardio while bulking up

Snip
05-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Milk

Bic
05-03-2004, 09:31 PM
epy - hmm what time do you usually go to ballys?

Bic
05-03-2004, 09:33 PM
also, i was reading and heard that for the 1st month of working out u shouldnt take protien supplements.

RR
05-04-2004, 01:14 AM
lots of masterbation

epy
05-04-2004, 01:48 AM

NO!!! Avoid all cardio while bulking up :lol: damn mang, I was just checking.

wrx4ever
05-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Cornbeef hash and chocolate milk!!!!!

thats how i bulked up.

SilverStreak
05-04-2004, 01:39 PM

NO!!! Avoid all cardio while bulking up

WONDERFUL, why dont you give some bad advice? Anyway you should NEVER stop cardio, whats the sense of having a strong outside physical body when the inside is shit, your heart (cardiovascular system) needs exercise so it can pump more blood into your muscles. If you wanna bulk up you should Do a warm up like a mile on the treadmill before you lift, and then after you lift run for a certain amount of time. Bulking up is NEVER a reason to let your cardio go to crap.

BigRedMonkey
05-04-2004, 01:52 PM
owned :( i guess i didn't really mean all cardio.. I got carried away typing- i even hit the erg machines for 30 minutes during off days and im bulkin'

ignore me! tho I'm pretty sure you don't want to do -lots- of cardio ... ?

89LXSport
05-04-2004, 05:29 PM
you could do what almost every faggot kid in high school does these days and juice