PDA

View Full Version : Question on Multiplayer for PS2

BrBugsy
06-05-2002, 07:20 AM
Question for anyone who knows. Are there games currently in the PS2 system that can play multiplayer by connecting 2 or more playstations, and respectively the same amount of TV's? Or does playstation have some kind of modem or such where multiplayer with others out of your house is possible? :-?

San-LC
06-05-2002, 08:09 AM
There's a feature in Gran Turismo 3 called i-Link Battle Network where you attach two PS2 systems together with a cable, put each PS2 on a different TV, and you can play each other. I haven't heard much about the i-Link thing, only some stuff in the manual.

BrBugsy
06-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Alright, I'll check that out.

Are there any other games that come with this feature or any games that'll come with this feature? :-?

Also, what are the USB ports and firewire port doing there if there is no modem or a way to connect something to them? Is PS2 planning on coming out with a modem? :-? As you can see, I'm very excited about a multiplayer thing for the PS2...it's a cool system, and it'll be extremely sweet if they keep coming with this multiplayer option. :)

El Jefe
06-05-2002, 10:43 AM
you can use the usb ports for keyboards and mice im pretty sure. also, i thought you could plug in a usb modem and play tony hawk 3 online as well.

Anonymous
06-05-2002, 12:02 PM
Na, you need the lan card, to play playstation the the net. Then that connects to your Cable or DSL router.

San-LC
06-05-2002, 08:48 PM
The firewire port IS the i.Link port, you just connect two PS2s together using that, or you can get an i.Link hub which lets 6 people play against each other. And yes, a modem/hard drive combo is coming out for PS2 to put into the rear expansion bay. supposedly 40 gigs. Sounds like fun.

PunisherOfIowa
06-05-2002, 09:33 PM
My friend was telling me they sell some cord that hooks up to two tv' so that each person has a full screen instead of half a screen but I haven't seen it around.

Anonymous
06-05-2002, 10:18 PM
Yah, thats the ilink. There is one hub where like 4 differnt ps2's can hookup or you can have just 2 ps2's hookup.

The modem/Hardrive is gonna come with linux and gonna be a little computer.

BrBugsy
06-06-2002, 02:05 PM
Do you have an idea of when the modem/harddrive thing will come out and it's price?

BrBugsy
06-07-2002, 08:10 AM
I've been trying to find this iLink thing (to connect one PS2 to another) in Playstation.com, but I can't seem to find it. Does Sony sell this thing for PS2 or is it another company?

El Jefe
06-07-2002, 08:30 AM
I've been trying to find this iLink thing (to connect one PS2 to another) in Playstation.com, but I can't seem to find it. Does Sony sell this thing for PS2 or is it another company?the actual ilink cable is just a fancy name for a firewire cable. it also retails a lot more than an ordinary firewire cable.

just buy a firewire cable and a hub (if you plan on linking more than 2 PS2's)