PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers????

BlkAckGsr
03-30-2002, 01:57 AM
Alright, so today I had my coilovers installed (groundcontrol/eibach springs). The shop I took it to kept the height at stock, so when I got the car home I carefully measured and dropped the front and back 2". After I was done adjusting everything I heard the springs make a sort of popping sound. I figured that this was probably normal and they just had to be reseated or something. Eager to drive my newly dropped car aroung, I took it out on the town. Now every time I go over a slight dip in the road or pull in a driveway, the front right spring will make a popping sound. I can not tell if the spring is rubbing against something, but it constantly sounds like it is trying to reseat or adjust. After driving it for a little while it continues to make the noise, it hasen't gotten better or worse and the car height has remained the same. Any information anyone can give me, or if they have ever experianced this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nameless
03-30-2002, 02:09 AM
good questoin. I dont know.

venomous
03-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Do you know if the shop cut the bumpstops or if the took them completely out? One of my friends cut his bumpstops in half, and I took them completely out, and his made a poping sound like what you are hearing and mine didnt do anything at all, so it might be that. If they are cut, compare how much the front right is cut compared to the front left, and if they are uneven, just even them up and that might solve your problem.

BlkAckGsr
03-30-2002, 05:16 PM
Thanks man, I'll check that out and let you know if it works.

venomous
03-31-2002, 01:11 AM
Good luck, hope that helps you out.

Matt2000EX
03-31-2002, 01:28 AM
I had the same problem, but with my rear right coil-over....
When I replaced it I forgot to put the rubber spring mount, under the fork mounting base, seen more clearly here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry 2=2000&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=FRO NT+SHOCK+ABSORBER

The rubber spring mount is number 9, and sits right under the fork mounting base.

If you jack up that corner of your car you can actually look under the fork mounting base, and look for the rubber spring mount, you could definitly tell the difference between one with and without it.

Let us know when you find out what it is. Hope this helps...