PDA

View Full Version : Engines

Hmmm
05-26-2002, 12:59 AM
Who here doesn't like these Japanese cars with there tiny little engines with no torque. What you need is a good old 350, or any other high quality American V8, not these sissy Japanese cars.

430 HP 500 cid V8- Big Block Power

JDMFrAnkEnStEin
05-26-2002, 08:57 AM
I dont now, id take a little jap engine over a 350, because they rev high, and Jap cars preform better on the turns :D

MdniteDrftr
05-26-2002, 09:39 AM
Id take a big block over a jap engine, love the rumble of the V8..........I dont care about turning, all I car about is getting down the 1/4 mile as fast as I can. :D

sohc_stang
05-26-2002, 12:35 PM
There are some very fast jap cars, such as the supra TT, mitsubishi VR4, and nissan 300zx twin turbo. Even though I love domestics, there are plenty of 500+ rwhp supras around that can tear the skin off your face. On the other hand, there is a million 500+ rwhp mustangs, camaros, corvettes that will also kick ass :D
also, domestic sports cars handle as good as jap cars, even with their 5.7 liter V8. Take a look at the handling of a z06 or viper and try and find a jap car with the same kind of world class handling. Too many people get the impression that american cars are too heavy, sluggish and can't handle.

JettaBoi
05-26-2002, 07:48 PM
Screw the rice burners... Why do u want a peice of shit when u can get some nice hot rod.. and screw turning its not like any of you pansy drivers do much turning your car at top speeds anways.

KingKobra
05-27-2002, 12:01 AM
well when im done with my civic imma buy a camaro and drop a might linenfelter in it so ill have the best of both worlds.

Warlord187
08-08-2002, 09:33 PM
Ummmmmm, yea, I want a car that has to rev to 8000rpm to achieve maximum horsepower with little torque...NOT!!!

V8 baby!!! HEMI baby!!!! :D

Anonymous
08-09-2002, 03:57 PM
There are some very fast jap cars, such as the supra TT, mitsubishi VR4, and nissan 300zx twin turbo. Even though I love domestics, there are plenty of 500+ rwhp supras around that can tear the skin off your face. On the other hand, there is a million 500+ rwhp mustangs, camaros, corvettes that will also kick ass :D
also, domestic sports cars handle as good as jap cars, even with their 5.7 liter V8. Take a look at the handling of a z06 or viper and try and find a jap car with the same kind of world class handling. Too many people get the impression that american cars are too heavy, sluggish and can't handle.
skyline>z06

Anonymous
08-09-2002, 03:58 PM
Ummmmmm, yea, I want a car that has to rev to 8000rpm to achieve maximum horsepower with little torque...NOT!!!

is that website supposed to be a joke? :-?

Fast4Life
08-09-2002, 03:59 PM
I wish i was around in the muscle car era, when it was considered a small engine if you had a small block. Today a 350 is considered a big engine, in the 60's a 454 was a big engine. 4 cylinders are great, but nothing compares to V8 power!

Hurley
08-09-2002, 06:05 PM
You can make a Big Block V8 rev to 8000rpm, it just takes some work. My mechanic used to have a Mopar BB that he used to race, he'd launch at 6000 and shift at 8000. If I remember right his car ran low 10s or high 9s. So give me a V8 and about $5000 and I can make it hit 10s and rev to 7500rpm pretty easily, and still have alot of torque.

TheHead
08-09-2002, 06:46 PM
skyline>z06
Back that up. Don't just talk out of your ass, I want hard numbers.

redhottrs
08-09-2002, 07:03 PM
Havnt you heard?

The brute power and torque of our V8,no matter what displacement,is now obsolete compared to the new hi-tech "tuned" 4cyls,espescially if it has a VTEC sticker on it. :roll:

:lol: :lol:

9c1
08-09-2002, 08:06 PM
You can make a Big Block V8 rev to 8000rpm, it just takes some work. My mechanic used to have a Mopar BB that he used to race, he'd launch at 6000 and shift at 8000. If I remember right his car ran low 10s or high 9s. So give me a V8 and about $5000 and I can make it hit 10s and rev to 7500rpm pretty easily, and still have alot of torque.

yea but you dont need it to rev to 8k to get hp and torque like you do a 4

s2k>zo6? :lol: :lol: after how many mods?

72 SS
08-09-2002, 09:41 PM
skyline>z06

excuse me while i laugh in ur fucking face. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

72 SS
08-09-2002, 09:42 PM
I wish i was around in the muscle car era, when it was considered a small engine if you had a small block. Today a 350 is considered a big engine, in the 60's a 454 was a big engine. 4 cylinders are great, but nothing compares to V8 power!

dude i so back that up, from the stories my dad has told me from back then, i wouldve had so much fun.

Warlord187
08-09-2002, 10:12 PM

is that website supposed to be a joke? :-?

Did I accidentally post an Acura website. If so, my bad.

Seriously....I assume you are talking about my website? If so, what is your fucking problem?

joshb71
08-18-2002, 09:43 PM
all i can say is igot a 455 in a 1971 pontiac firebrd ad it'l smoke any street legal "rice rocket". the day a honda beats me is when i wll drve m car off a cliff :nod:

Hurley
08-19-2002, 11:32 AM
all i can say is igot a 455 in a 1971 pontiac firebrd ad it'l smoke any street legal "rice rocket". the day a honda beats me is when i wll drve m car off a cliff :nod:

Is it a stock 455, or have you done mods? If its stock I bet you've never raced a Civic hatchback with a h22a and turbo, because that will beat the shit out of most stock V8s, even the 455 in your Firebird.

redhottrs
08-19-2002, 12:18 PM

I'll help you push it,cause it'll happen sooner or later.

MdniteDrftr
08-19-2002, 12:19 PM
skyline>z06

excuse me while i laugh in ur fucking face. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Z06 = 12.6 1/4 mile, Skyline R34 = 13.7 1/4 mile............... Z06 :uzi: Skyline

Warlord187
08-19-2002, 02:51 PM
Here's a Skyline for you. :)

http://www.cardaccess.com/GTR/GTR.mpg

I believe it's a streaming video, so the first time you watch it, it might be a little choppy. Pretty impressive car (even if it's pink). :)

72 SS
08-19-2002, 02:59 PM
skyline>z06

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Z06 = 12.6 1/4 mile, Skyline R34 = 13.7 1/4 mile............... Z06 :uzi: Skyline

i new someone had to back me up on that one. :D :blush: :P

72 SS
08-19-2002, 03:01 PM

I believe it's a streaming video, so the first time you watch it, it might be a little choppy. Pretty impressive car (even if it's pink). :)

wow 9.1, like i havent seen a camaro do that one thousand times.
i need to get a digital camera and take it to the track near my house
i need to put up some good shit. like this 67 camaro that was there saturday did 7.99, it would rip that fucking pink pos skyline apart.

KaosFire
08-19-2002, 03:08 PM
Have u guys heard of George Baxter's Camaro? Ran extremely low 9s. Its a convertible, with sound AND AC still in it. Not gutted like most of those other things are.

Warlord187
08-19-2002, 04:28 PM

wow 9.1, like i havent seen a camaro do that one thousand times.
i need to get a digital camera and take it to the track near my house
i need to put up some good shit. like this 67 camaro that was there saturday did 7.99, it would rip that fucking pink pos skyline apart.

I never said another car couldn't run that fast or faster.

MdniteDrftr
08-19-2002, 06:15 PM
skyline>z06

i new someone had to back me up on that one. :D :blush: :P

Haha, no prob......us domestic guys gotta watch out for each other :D

Warlord187
08-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Here's one for us domestic guys! I love this vid! :D

http://media.racingflix.com/videos/lingenfelter_vs_dsm.mpeg

72 SS
08-19-2002, 10:32 PM
even though ive seen that vid before
i could still watch it another 35 times
its one of my favorites :P

72 SS
08-20-2002, 11:34 AM
Have u guys heard of George Baxter's Camaro? Ran extremely low 9s. Its a convertible, with sound AND AC still in it. Not gutted like most of those other things are.

imagine what it would be like gutted and ac-less :roll_eye: :roll_eye: :roll_eye:

KPxJpopRocker
08-20-2002, 08:41 PM
Hi I'm sorta new but I love the engines in American cars. Honda engines just don't have the torque. I used to have an 87 z28 and I never had to rev it up to 5000 just to keep up with minivans. B.T.W. I also agree that the Z06 is superior to the skyline. MY freinds and I have this arguement all the time.

Anonymous
08-21-2002, 01:07 AM
even though ive seen that vid before
i could still watch it another 35 times
its one of my favorites :P

yeah i've watched it a thousand times, but it's so fucking crazy. :o

Drifter93
08-21-2002, 04:28 PM
Who here doesn't like these Japanese cars with there tiny little engines with no torque. What you need is a good old 350, or any other high quality American V8, not these sissy Japanese cars.

430 HP 500 cid V8- Big Block Power

My engine might be tiny but I still ran a high 13's in the 1320 all stock. And yes I do have respect for V8's and I do love the power.

peloteromajor
09-07-2002, 01:53 AM
skyline>z06

stock for stock the vette wins in every category including 0-60,1/4mile, handling and top speed. :nod:

TheHead
09-11-2002, 02:25 AM
1,125 flywheel horsepower. 9.04 second full interior 97 30th Anniversary SS Convertible. 6 foot wheel stands. Amazing.

allmotorx
09-11-2002, 03:41 AM
I respect some 8's ..hell i got a few friends that have 87-95 yr stangs running 11's and they are cool as hell too. but i think some imports should get respect also. theres alot out there that pull on mustangs with gears,header,exhaust,drag radials. like myself ive pulled many stangs and comaros..and all i got is intake header and exhaust on my JDM motor swap. 4 cylinder. but i still respect them for building there car and making it the best they can just like i do ..but i hate v-8 owners that think all imports are slow. alot of stock honda cars are slow but some of us have made our cars fast as hell ...all im sayin give respeect to get it.

v8rcul8r
09-11-2002, 04:14 PM
How many vettes are out there that can support 700 rwhp on stock bottom end? How many vettes are there out there that have 1300 flywheel hp and are daily-driven track monsters? I mean, I give credit where it's due. Vettes are REALLY nice, but the skyline GT-R is no slouch, either.

C'mon, guys, let's just stop bashing each other's cars and at least PLAY nicey-nice.

TheHead
09-11-2002, 04:42 PM
I respect some 8's ..hell i got a few friends that have 87-95 yr stangs running 11's and they are cool as hell too. but i think some imports should get respect also. theres alot out there that pull on mustangs with gears,header,exhaust,drag radials. like myself ive pulled many stangs and comaros..and all i got is intake header and exhaust on my JDM motor swap. 4 cylinder. but i still respect them for building there car and making it the best they can just like i do ..but i hate v-8 owners that think all imports are slow. alot of stock honda cars are slow but some of us have made our cars fast as hell ...all im sayin give respeect to get it.

I hardly think that you can say all you have is intake header and exhaust. You have a damn fast car, you get credit from me for that, but if you play it off like all you are is I/H/E thats a bunch of crap. :roll: That would be like me swapping a 502 ramjet crate engine in my car and saying I'm stock. No, I wouldn't be anywhere near it.

TheHead
09-11-2002, 04:47 PM
How many vettes are out there that can support 700 rwhp on stock bottom end? How many vettes are there out there that have 1300 flywheel hp and are daily-driven track monsters? I mean, I give credit where it's due. Vettes are REALLY nice, but the skyline GT-R is no slouch, either.

C'mon, guys, let's just stop bashing each other's cars and at least PLAY nicey-nice.

Credit: Turbo cars are easy to make into horsepower monsters.
Discredit: The lack of area under the curve makes this very deceiving.

Credit: The GT-R motor is very reliable.
Discredit: If it ran that kind of boost daily, it wouldn't be.

Credit: The GT-R is a great daily driveable track car.
Discredit: Push any car that hard and it will break eventually.

Honestly, I think nothing of these cripples or handicaps people give themselves. If you run that much RWHP through a stock bottom end, your motor isn't godlike, you're just an idiot. It is dangerous and should not be attempted in my opinion. Its like... why wouldn't you build up the bottom end? When you throw a rod its going to be very costly and possbly even resulting in an engine fire. Its just like DSM guys running 29 psi on a stock block. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

FLAT_LINER
09-22-2002, 07:03 PM

I hardly think that you can say all you have is intake header and exhaust. You have a damn fast car, you get credit from me for that, but if you play it off like all you are is I/H/E thats a bunch of crap. :roll: That would be like me swapping a 502 ramjet crate engine in my car and saying I'm stock. No, I wouldn't be anywhere near it. uuuhhh he has a crx that thing is light as hell.... power to weight ratio

joshb71
09-24-2002, 07:25 PM
I dont now, id take a little jap engine over a 350, because they rev high, and Jap cars preform better on the turns :D
the second u take a little p.o.s ricer over a 350, thats when u will get raped. :nod: i think everyone here will agree

Warlord187
09-25-2002, 08:04 PM
the second u take a little p.o.s ricer over a 350, thats when u will get raped. :nod: i think everyone here will agree

Maybe he likes getting raped. :lol: