PDA

View Full Version : the 02 si' s are going to be released 2 morrow

2002blacksi
03-28-2002, 10:04 PM
at a local honda lot, i can't fucking wait, i have been wanting to drive it for months, plus im tired of just seeing pics, i heard it looks nicer and bigger in person, plus i can't get over that shifter, i guess it will make sense when im in the drivers seat tommorow, damn but to drive them here in northern IN you have to put a deposit just like an s2000, to keep those damn highschool kids from wasting their time dreaming, but my dream is gonna come true.

PanzerM
03-28-2002, 10:13 PM
I'm going with the S2000, I saw one at my dealership that was silver(my color for Hondas and Mercedes) with Ray's red interior. It looked tight.

avus///M3
03-28-2002, 10:17 PM
cool dude, after you test drive it let us know how it was

pvt_awol
03-29-2002, 12:30 AM
We got ours last week!!! :razz:

It drives soooo smooth. The hood is a little short, and beleive it or not, the 00 si seemed to get up and go quicker. That shifter though.... oh my god. I was in love. I tried talking my g-friend into trading in our 02 protege 5, but she wasn't having it. Oh well.... I can dream.... It would've been nice to be the first one in Roseburg with that car. BTW, the si we got shipped, was the white one. And those red lined seats... *drool* ......

RedCivicEX
03-29-2002, 12:36 AM
How's the deposit work? Do you get the money back if you decide not to get the car?

bigboi0303
03-29-2002, 01:46 AM
hmm i really like the old 99 si better but once the new si aftermarket parts start comin out i might have to change my mind.But i wont be able to get over the look it looks like a focus and a van mix.peace

Anonymous
03-29-2002, 10:48 AM
don't like it, looks like a fucking family van. Reminds me of those old van civics.

JDM Civic
03-29-2002, 01:03 PM
can wait to line one up. I should tear him :grin:

92 Civic LX
03-30-2002, 12:16 AM
I did what most curious civic owners would like to do right now drove the new 2002 Civic last week (It was the black one). The exterior is a lot like a focus and a VW hybrid. The nose is stubby looking along with the large focus like headlights. The interior is the best design in a civic yet in my opinion. The shifter is odd at first but mastered it after moving it around the gears a bit (It's best not to look what gear the shifter is in, but instead try to feel what gear it is in). I took it out on some back roads and the ride was smooth and the control was precise. The engine responded nicely at low rpm's. I could really feel the amount more power this car has over my mere 102hp engine on my car versus the 160hp I-VTEC engine.

Personally I would be sold if this car had the 200hp I-VTEC engine in the new RSX along with a 6 speed manual transmission.

*drool* :smile:
./uploads/civicsi_wallpaper_05.JPG