PDA

View Full Version : Most gain and loudest exhaust for an si

hotCIVICsi
05-13-2002, 12:55 PM
Hey i just bought a 99 civic si and i was wondering which exhaust on the market gives the most gains and is the loudest. thanks...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hotCIVICsi on 2002-05-13 12:57 ]</font>

Nameless
05-13-2002, 01:00 PM
Loud = GAY
Loud = Stupid
Loud = Attention

Dont look for the loudest exhaust please man... thats not the point of having the exhaust.

Look for something with a low sound, like comptech, or mugen...I dont think those are extremely loud, and they look better than a big fatty fart can that sounds like a bumble bee... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

hotCIVICsi
05-13-2002, 01:02 PM
I dont want a fart tip exhaust just for the loudness im lookin for something that gives GAINS and i want LOUD..

rexchu
05-13-2002, 01:36 PM
if you want loud, get used to tickets, anything that brings attention to your car, definetly adds attention, if a cop saw two people speeding, one EXTREMELY annoying, and one v8 capriice, that you cant even hear, who do you think he'll pull over?

93CeevicSi
05-13-2002, 03:17 PM
I have open header on my 454 big block Chevelle, and when I start my car in the morning it sounds like a shotgun blast right underneath my feet. It's soo loud and soo cool and I love every minute of it...

I have also sacraficed 4 points on my liscence and $600 to the government because of stunting tickets i've recived for having my exhaust too loud.

Excessive Noise from vehicle = Stunting = 2ish points off liscence + Higher Insurance + $200-$300 ticket.

Don't flame this post cause I love loud exhaust and the law is what it is...Im Canadian :grin:

Adrenaline
05-13-2002, 04:39 PM
just bolt on a glass pack, youll be the envy of ricers evreywhere

hotCIVICsi
05-13-2002, 04:47 PM
ok thanks for all the stories but all i really wanna know is a good performance exhaust. i seriously dont care about how u got pulled over in ur big block or cops on my ass cuz i got people that get me out of that shit.

avus///M3
05-13-2002, 04:56 PM
well the tanabe racing medallion and the apexi N1 are loud

addicted2death
05-13-2002, 04:58 PM
I am absolutely sickened by the fact that such a great car was bought by such a dumbass.Get a fuckin clue it isnt about how much noise you can make. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

90HBSleepr
05-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Well consider this: Next time you get pulled over for having too loud of an exhaust, ask to see the decible reading that the cop took and then research to see if there is even law that states you exhaust has to be under a certain decible level. My brother got like 5 tickets for 'noise pollution' within the first two weeks he had his CRX, and he fought them saying there was no written law, and he didn't have to pay them.

Just ask for a decible reading. Also, it's a good idea to buy 50 state legal exhaust, then the police can't do SHIT.

TeRRoRiFiC35
05-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Please tell me you are kidding? If you want a loud piece of shit, I hope you like cops cause you'll get to know them very quickly. Thats just gay as hell.

hotCIVICsi
05-13-2002, 07:14 PM
What the fk is wrong wit all u...all im fkin tryin to figure out what kind of exhaust to get. if u have a fkin comment to make make it directly to me. stop wastein message board space. Thanks 99_Civic_Si for answerin my question all u others can lick my balls.

krawnic
05-13-2002, 07:18 PM
^^^take deap breaths now

ElectronSi
05-13-2002, 07:21 PM
your from CT huh, u a friend of JP? :lol:

infrar3d
05-13-2002, 07:32 PM
how about productive postes, quit flaming the kid, if he wants to get tickets its his problem, besides the loudest ones i can think of are arospeed bombs and tanabe racing medallion, and those don't even attract that many cops. so its not that big of a deal, unless he kuts a 5 in hole in his stock muffler, then flame away

tanabe racing medallion and arospeed bomb mufflers are some of the loudest on the market, jus becareful, cops will alwayz be watchin you.

addicted2death
05-13-2002, 07:46 PM
Lick your balls huh?.If you want a strait answer then here it is.I think you should get the DC twin canister it has good flow and isnt so loud that you will get nailed.Please from one SI owner to another dont rice out that car. :sad:

DaNish
05-13-2002, 08:25 PM
I got a ticket for my 5Zigen Fireball Catback, its not really if you have a loud exhaust or not, if the cop wants to fuck with you, he'll pull you over and give you a ticket if you exhaust is modified even if it isn't loud. But to answer your question, I would either get a Apexi N1, GReddy Evolution or 5Zigen Fireball for your Si.

hotCIVICsi
05-13-2002, 08:38 PM
thanks all i wanted to know was some good exhausts i didnt need agruements of how im gonna get pulled over its my problem if i do.

and trust me im not tryin to rice my car up im def doin hp urgrades just right now im gettin basic stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hotCIVICsi on 2002-05-13 20:40 ]</font>

drunknbassdotcom
05-13-2002, 08:44 PM
you want good gains. and loud. unbolt your muffler. drive like that., good top end

honda civic joe
05-13-2002, 11:49 PM
i have a 93 civic dx with a thermal research and developement exhaust. it sounds so sweet, nice and deep, its pretty loud too, everyone of my friends hates it, but their not into cars(losers haha). i never dynoed it so im not sure about power gains, but i did notice more pick-up when i hit it hard off the line, it seems just to flow better. i could be wrong, but ask peopel about it, its a good system!

honda civic joe
05-13-2002, 11:51 PM
oh yeah i forogt to add, if ya know how to drive and your not a dumbass and speed all the time, you'll be fine. cops might pull ya over asnd ask, but never for stupid shit. stupid people get pulled over

adrockstg
05-14-2002, 03:16 PM
I like my thermal r&amp;d too. I finally got to hear what it sounded like from the outside when I let my stepfather borrow my car.

92blackteg
05-14-2002, 03:28 PM
does anyone know what the hks hiper catback sounds like ...is it really loud or a good tone ...because im prob goin with the hiper ...

Anonymous
05-14-2002, 04:53 PM
Get a 5zigen if u want loud
P.s. don't listen to some of these dumbasses that no squat about cars and say loud is bad!!! :grin: :razz: :lol:

purcivic98
05-14-2002, 05:11 PM
nameless well said

831civic
05-14-2002, 05:53 PM
I bought a Greddy Evo exhaust for my civic and was pretty dissapointed. Greddy is good but very quiet. I should have stuck with the Tanabe Racing Medallion.

VicBurn01
05-14-2002, 09:02 PM
Havnt really head anything about HKS and thats what i was looking at, anybody hear anything about HKS, performance sound whatever?

sindy99si
05-14-2002, 10:27 PM
*sigh

another civic lost to the ricers

*sniff :roll:

OoeggyoO
05-15-2002, 11:14 AM
HEy if u really want to be a ricer with those loud ass fart cans.. why dont u just make your own muffler and save some of those money u got.. ** SIMPLILY POKE SOME HOLES ** and it will be loud as hell hahaha :lol:

OVER SIZE SPOILER = LAUNDRY HANGER