PDA

View Full Version : Please Help: Replacing front stock speakers in 92 Lx

accrdracer
03-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Hello, I just need some help with replacing my front stock speakers because they are blown. I have a haynes manual for it and they say that you have to unscrew a screw on the the bottom left hand side of the speaker cover. Well i went to look for that screw and it is not there. Because after you unscrew that screw your suppposed to be able to just pry the cover off. But i dont have that screw there, theres no place for a screw. Do i have to take off the panels on the door? please help. Thanks!

all420
03-13-2003, 02:45 PM
Yes. Take the doors panels off. I have never done it any other way. It's an east task to do. It take about 3 minutes to take the door panels off and about 2 minutes to replace the speakers.

As a matter o' fact I juust did this same thing to my buddy's 94 Accord.

Good luck :D

C.R.E.A.M.
03-13-2003, 03:58 PM
yea i had the same problem... the screw just isnt there... i just pryed the cover out a little and unscrewed them....

lilhondacoupe
03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
i did'nt have a screw on my passenger side panel. pry off the panel first..then take off the door panel it self. sometimes you can replace the speaker without taking off the door panel, but in my case..i had to.

chazcapture
03-13-2003, 11:51 PM
If you want to keep the original fit and finish, spend the 10 bucks on the proper tool to pop the plastic clips. If ya don't, you'll never get the panel to fit like it did again. hey, yet again you can always use a flat head screw driver and go easy. :D Cheers!

chazcapture
03-13-2003, 11:56 PM
Another quick tip. When your disassembling the door handle, go easy on that little white clip that connects the handle to the lock assembly. Easy to replace if ya break it, just a pain in the ass. Cheers.

all420
03-14-2003, 09:34 PM
If you want to keep the original fit and finish, spend the 10 bucks on the proper tool to pop the plastic clips. If ya don't, you'll never get the panel to fit like it did again. hey, yet again you can always use a flat head screw driver and go easy. Cheers!

I have never experienced anything like that before. Please elaborate.

Not trying to flame, but I am actually interested in what happened.

accrdracer
03-15-2003, 10:45 AM
ok, thanks for your help! :)