PDA

View Full Version : compression

integracrazy
03-03-2003, 10:01 PM
just wondering if there is a formula or a common nowledge on how much horsepowe ur supposed to gain for every point of compression u go up like raising my gsr from 10 to 11 or somehting like that

turbolover2
03-04-2003, 12:06 AM
No. There are way too many other variables.

integracrazy
03-04-2003, 12:28 AM
anyway to expand on that answer like what kind of variables or anything

JDM Civic
03-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Why are you upping compression?

You have a good flowing head, cams, header, and other necessary mods to run high compression?

How high are you planning on? What is the goal of the car? NA screamer? daily driver? Whats the highest pump gas you can get? 94? 91? Do you want to add octane boost everytime you fill up?

COme back to me with your mods and future mods and i'll draw a map as to what you shoudl do in order to reach your goals and what compression you shoudl run.

Personally 11.5:1 on teh street is max with 91 octane.

I get 94 octane here and wouldn't hesitate to build a 12.0:1 daily driven car.

Than again, the highest compression I have had was a 11.0:1 LSVTEC. It ran soo strong and hard. Still does :)

I have dealt with mid 10's and had no problem on pump gas onviously. And now have a buddies CRVTEC runnign 12.0:1 plus headgasket and valves. It shoudl be around 12.5:1, running either Toda B's or JUN 3's.

Like I said figure out your priorities and than we will go to her. :wink:

integracrazy
03-05-2003, 04:15 PM
its gonna stay all motor variables i can get 94 here also i was gunna go with dome pistons have to do cams and a whole head job with port and polish new valves all that good stuff i havent made a decision on cams yet i was thinkin about todas but i dont know what stage ill need and a good machine shop near my house is taking care of the head work will i need pushrods or any other internals