PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Cobra at Etown goes 12.43

Anonymous
05-05-2002, 08:10 PM
Now im not 100% sure on this, but it was a magazine that was testing the car, and he ran 6 times, lowest being 12.43...

There is a thread on one of the mustang forums.

BTW i think he ran No Time so people couldnt see his times at Etown, but he had the slips

Roadside Prophet
05-05-2002, 08:16 PM
i dont care ray
no one cares ray
shut up ray

adamantiumknot
05-05-2002, 08:18 PM
i care, ehhhh i'd hope they could get more out of it considering the mach1 ran 12.9

1FastWS6
05-05-2002, 08:19 PM
that sounds about right

Anonymous
05-05-2002, 08:35 PM
damn I just hope a fast ass F-body comes out to ruin that 03 cobra :grin: I mean I want to see a badass f-body ripping up everygear,getting it side ways in 6th GEAR !

COBRACOMP
05-05-2002, 09:00 PM
Y the hell do u dont u care. the 03 cobra kicks ass. Ive already heard about a couple ways to make it faster. I also think that Mach 1 is a damn nice car too. Have u heard about the new BOSS 302 concept?

Adam
05-05-2002, 09:47 PM
That just goes to show that Racer X is a fool!

THE IDIOT DIDN'T BELIEVE ME WHEN I WAS RIGHT! 400rwhp without the exhaust and 360rwhp with exhaust on the dyno. He though it was 390 @ crank.

Adam
05-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Also... the guy that was driving it was doing it for "Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords". He was doing it on the stock tires. If they hooked up slicks on there I bet he could cut the times down to 12.2s or 12.1s if he drove it better. Remeber the Mach1 got that time because it was running on slicks.

5L_rice_eater
05-06-2002, 01:25 AM
this is great!!!!!!!!
i got into a huge fight with a moderater here(xsselerat) who said he had seen one(b.s) and it only pulled 12.9's or something. hahaha

STOCKLS1
05-06-2002, 09:07 AM
Well, all I have to say is "It's about time Ford" :grin:

Beef
05-06-2002, 10:15 AM
The Mach 1 was not running on slicks, it was run on Nitto Drs...

Racer X
05-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Hey Adam,your the idiot who thought Fbodies weren't faster then the foxbodies from 87-92,your the fool,you dont even know dick about cars,your post are always corrected by people who actually know shit because you have a lack of knowledge,stop reading the lies in the stang mags.I didn't say i didn't believe you,but who truly knew what to expect considering the Cobra R was a 13.0 car with 380hp,what a joke!,congrats to Ford for finally making something fast for there money,how much do they want for it although,100K? :smile:

89LXSport
05-06-2002, 11:21 AM
the new cobra's are going to be pricedvery well from what i hear.

Racer X
05-06-2002, 11:29 AM
That would be cool considering the #s its producing but Ford is always looking to get richer,i am a chevy guy but i like anything thats fast,my dad is a ford guy and ahs had alot of stangs but i just like the looks of the Camaros,pure american muscle. :smile: Oh and this car still wont beat the ZOsick. :grin:

Anonymous
05-06-2002, 11:31 AM
how the fuck can they run a 2003 cobra when it's still 2002 :???:

Racer X
05-06-2002, 11:33 AM
Ford needs time to catch up,when 2003 is here the Z06 will be running 11s. :lol:

stockciviclx
05-06-2002, 11:35 AM
On 2002-05-06 11:31, FlyingDutchMan wrote:
how the fuck can they run a 2003 cobra when it's still 2002 :???:

for the most part i have noticed that car manufacturers come out with teh car a year early and slap the next years sticker on it cuz when we bought our windstar in 97 it was a 98 model so i believe most of the cars come out a year early cuz the eclipses are 2003s now too

1FastWS6
05-06-2002, 01:13 PM
How about MTI's 422ci (7.0L) 585 hp LS1 powered Vette? They are calling it the Z07 and it comes with a 2 year 24000 mile warranty. 11.04 ET

http://www.motorsporttech.com/welcome.html

http://www.motorsporttech.com/motors/lsmotor.html

5L_rice_eater
05-06-2002, 02:10 PM
i see a few things i think i cshould correct in some of the above posts.
first of all the cobra R pulled 12's at 110.8 in the 1/4. its 0-60 is 4.4
the corvette of the year 0-60 was 4.8 and 1/4 was 13.3 at 108.6.
the conbra r wasnt designed for drag racing it was designed as a ultimate street machine. it pulled a 1.01 on a skid pad and beat the viper and vette of the year on a road race track. by conceradable ammounts. i can find the issue if needed.(im at work right now)http://www.motortrend.com/april00/speedfreaks/cobra.html
the 03 cobra's orders will start to be filled late in this month. it is being sold for approx 36K this includes fair market increase. the vette costs approx 53k???
every manufacuture is looking to get richer not just ford. if chevy could have continued to sell the f-body for 32K and sell enough to keep making them they would have. im not much on a f-body fan ever in my life but from what i have seen the fox and f-body during the 80's were a damn good race stock for stock. the 305 tpi wasnt much for hp. but they would break second loose all day long with the 700 R4. usually these races came down to driver.

btw racer x i think i saw you on 211 fri at about quarter to 11 by dunkin dougnuts. by the time i turned around you were gone i wanted to talk to you about your car.

2point2
05-06-2002, 02:43 PM
i think the 2003 cobra is sick..but you guys are forgetting something, its supercharged. is it an 8 psi supercharger? anyways, put an 8 psi supercharger on a camaro SS, see what happens.

Im just trying to stir shit up :grin:

5L_rice_eater
05-06-2002, 06:30 PM
very true. h22 civic si. personaly i dont care how a car goes fast as long as it does. what i find great about it being supercharged is that it will respond well to mods. a full exhaust should bring it well into the 400hp range.

Adam
05-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Racer X you are the dumbest shit on the board. Have you ever heard of powershifting? A guy on stangnet just recently ran a 13.78 on a 5.0L Mustang. He had pullies and 3.73 gears and he was powershifting.

Just look at the fucking specs. For 1992 the 350TPI had 240hp while the stang had 225hp. You must be a retard to think those cars were faster than the 5.0L stangs in 87-92. Hmmm a 3000 lb mustang versus a million pound camaro. Ask anybody.

Get your fucking facts straight. The Cobra R is in fact faster than 13s. Just like how you were talking out of your ass like you knew the shit that the Cobra 2003 has 390 @ crank.

The only person that is correcting my posts is you... and as far as i'm concerned you have no credibility. You are basing your shit on opinions theoretical data with no realworld results *cough* statement about the 390hp @ crank *cough*, *cough* fbods in 87-92 faster than 5s...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Adam on 2002-05-06 18:36 ]</font>

COBRACOMP
05-06-2002, 07:59 PM
HAHA...yeah im with ADAM. I think racer X needs to go play the quiet game with himself. he is really pissing me off, hatin on people and the screwing up his facts. Does anyone know what the 03 COBRA will run without the exhaust? id like to know

STOCKLS1
05-06-2002, 11:47 PM
I had a "bone stock" 91 5.7 Z28, it ran [email protected] mph, which was impressive at the time. While I'm not questioning the 87-93 stangs ability to impress from the factory, what was the torque on the 5.0s in that era?

Adam
05-07-2002, 12:08 AM
On 2002-05-06 23:47, psidtsi wrote:
I had a "bone stock" 91 5.7 Z28, it ran [email protected] mph, which was impressive at the time. While I'm not questioning the 87-93 stangs ability to impress from the factory, what was the torque on the 5.0s in that era?

225hp @ 4000rpm
300lb-ft @ 3250rpm

The key to getting at 14 flat or lower times in 5.0s is powershifting (not very good for the transmission). There are numerous people that have been running all in the range between 13.98-14.3 on bone stock notches and a GTs.

STOCKLS1
05-07-2002, 12:32 AM
See, that's what evens out the playing field, the f-bods are heavier, but I know my 91 was rated at 245hp, 345 ft lb, from the factory. I knew a guy a few years back who had a stock except for the gearing (3.73) 5.0 GT who was running 13.90s on slicks but as you stated, his trans didn't last long at all.

5L_rice_eater
05-07-2002, 02:34 AM
a stock 5.0 of the erea was rated at 225hp and 300 ft pounds of torque.depending on driver and model stang(a lx notch back weighed over 300 pounds less that a hatchback GT) it would run 13.9,8's all day with a skilled driver while powershifting, if they could get a solid 2.0 60 foot time. the t-5 that is in a mustang is exactly the same as the t-5 5spd's found in the camaro's. the only difference being bellhousing, input shaft and pilot bearing. the stock t-5 will tolerate powershifting without a problem as long as a gear isnot missed!. if ia gear is missed it will usually blow the syncro's out in no time.
ADAM, COBRA. dont go calling someone out for defending there car, granted its alot easier than actually going out and finding all the factual information and websites to prove you knowlege but telling someone to shut the fuck up just starts arguing that never proves anything. just my .02.

STOCKLS1
05-07-2002, 09:16 AM
I'll agree that "some" of the 87-93 Stangs were pretty impressive from the factory, but I've seen numerous modded Stangs at the track running mid to high 14s, so to say that those cars will run high 13s with ease from the factory, is bullshit. Some maybe, but not all.

onesillynotch
05-07-2002, 10:48 AM
On 2002-05-07 09:16, psidtsi wrote:
I'll agree that "some" of the 87-93 Stangs were pretty impressive from the factory, but I've seen numerous modded Stangs at the track running mid to high 14s, so to say that those cars will run high 13s with ease from the factory, is bullshit. Some maybe, but not all.

its all about driver and tuning..dont forget some people bring there 87-93 cars to the track that are tired 10+ yea old motors..you still want them to run what they did then???
if you had a SD mustang it would go 13's out of the box and some actally went 12's with slicks and gears(people still do it now..look for factory stock classes at FFW events)
after 90(non SD and non 9AL computer) i belive was when they detuned the 5spd cars..they took timing out between shifts to limit the poeple blowing up t-5s under warrenty..belive me there is a HUGE diffrence in a 9AL and a detuned computer when power shifting if you dont rewire the clutch switch :grin:
and forget about the 93 and 95-95 cobras..the computers in those cars is sooo fucking bad..its easy to swap a 93 computer for a 9AL but to swap a 94-95 is a lil more involved..
in those cars they suck by first of all being calibrated for the 24# injectors allready(sucks if you wanna upgrade later, aftermarket injectors are usually calibrated via the mass air meter), they also suck because you have to wait 7seconds at WOT b4 it goes into a closed loop and they take timing out between shifts..so with these cars a computer upgrade or a DFI setup becomes almost manditory when you start upgrading other parts or want to get the most out of the parts that you have

ya see the 5.0 is such a great motor but people mismatch combos all the time and wonder why there car goes way slower than they are soposed to..ive brought very mild mustangs to the 12's(street tires) and we are working on a new one that bone stock and a mass air car that should go mid to low 13's with just gears and exhaust
so please compare apples to apples when you are bashing 5.0s

Poonstang
05-07-2002, 11:23 AM
On 2002-05-06 14:43, h22civicSi wrote:
i think the 2003 cobra is sick..but you guys are forgetting something, its supercharged. is it an 8 psi supercharger? anyways, put an 8 psi supercharger on a camaro SS, see what happens.

Im just trying to stir shit up :grin:

Now warantee it. :grin:

Here is the 12.4 thread:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=154579

STOCKLS1
05-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Well there, Silly boy, I wasn't bashing 5.0s, just pointing out the obvious, and what I've seen in my years of racing. I'm all for Domestic power also, and back to the point of saying, Welcome Back Ford, it's about fucking time! :grin:

camarokid
05-07-2002, 01:05 PM
You can all go by the mags specs on the cars,the fact is that in 2001 the Z06 Vette pulled mid 12s and the Cobra R was not touching it,well it was lucky to break into the 12s,all that money,no AC or radio and your high 12s,nice looking car,but i would have bought an SS and saved 20K and ran right next to it,its not unheard of the LS1 SS cars breaking into the 12s,actually at Etown a Chevy mag took a bonestock SS and hit a 12.9.As for the 87-93 foxbodies beating the L98 camaros "stock for stock" that is unheard of,it was close and on the street it was down to the driver,the 92 Z28 was a 14.1 car all day bone stock,if your a stat boy then you would see that the 5.0 wasn't running that stock,so Racer X is right about that,and lets not even talk about 93 with the debut of the LT1. :lol: Oh,and all the name calling is funny,do we have junior drivers on here?,lets keep it down to cars,calling Racer X an idiot when he was speaking the truth that stock for stock the 5.0 vs L98 would be toast is the truth,but with a little bit of mods the 5.0 is a superior car,definately superior to mod.Good point Poonstang,8 psi on a SS,hmmmm,i wonder what that would do for an SS?

Hurley
05-07-2002, 05:20 PM
Horsepower gains from boost are determined by compression ratios. So what's the compression on a SS? Then I can do some math and find out how much the gain would be.

Adam
05-07-2002, 06:09 PM
On 2002-05-07 13:05, camarokid wrote:
You can all go by the mags specs on the cars,the fact is that in 2001 the Z06 Vette pulled mid 12s and the Cobra R was not touching it,well it was lucky to break into the 12s,all that money,no AC or radio and your high 12s,nice looking car,but i would have bought an SS and saved 20K and ran right next to it,its not unheard of the LS1 SS cars breaking into the 12s,actually at Etown a Chevy mag took a bonestock SS and hit a 12.9.As for the 87-93 foxbodies beating the L98 camaros "stock for stock" that is unheard of,it was close and on the street it was down to the driver,the 92 Z28 was a 14.1 car all day bone stock,if your a stat boy then you would see that the 5.0 wasn't running that stock,so Racer X is right about that,and lets not even talk about 93 with the debut of the LT1. :lol: Oh,and all the name calling is funny,do we have junior drivers on here?,lets keep it down to cars,calling Racer X an idiot when he was speaking the truth that stock for stock the 5.0 vs L98 would be toast is the truth,but with a little bit of mods the 5.0 is a superior car,definately superior to mod.Good point Poonstang,8 psi on a SS,hmmmm,i wonder what that would do for an SS?

Look at this... on the track the Camaro pulled off a 14.1s 1/4 mile time @ 97mph. This is possibly linked to the fact that he had a decent amount of traction at launch. Now a 5.0L that would probably have less traction than the Chevy would be pulling off around 96-100mph passes stock. This tells me that even though the Mustang may have a slower time it gets up to higher speed in a shorter distance than the Camaro... So obviously on the street or highway where the distance to run is not restricted to 400m the Stang would win. I am also curious to what the ratio on the gears was on the Z28s in those years.

All arguments aside if I had the $$$ right now I would go get myself a WS6. And if I had more $$$ I would pass on the 2003 Cobra and get a blown + intercooled + cam + heads + intake on a 4.6L Mustang GT.

JDM Civic
05-07-2002, 10:29 PM
the 03 cobra looks like a cool car. Didnt they have to go back to an Iron block to handle the power?

Wouldnt this make a big weight change from the 02 Cobra?

I guess the extra power would pick up the clack though.

They should both run the same in mid to low 12's, tire dependant.

5L_rice_eater
05-08-2002, 03:02 AM
the ratio front to rear is 57/43. thats not to bad in my opinion. most muscle cars are front heavy. ford has come a long way. a part of the ss's demise was its inability to pass emissions set for 04. ford went the s/c route for a few reasons. #1 it a tried and true way to make big hp. ie the lightning near 500 hp from a 5.4 liter thats damn good.
#2 the 4.6 liter already has a solid aftermarket
#3 has no problems passing emissions 04 emissions standards.
#4 keeps mpg's down.
#5 the list goes on. imports have been doing this for years now, every ricer dreams of a turbo or 2. suddenly when ford does it. it becomes a big deal. sure ford could have put the 5.4 liter motor and made it get some good h.p #'s but why not just go the easiest route?? tale a popluar motor with a extensive aftermarket and add somnething to it?? anyone who knows anything about cars knows that a non naturaly asperated car will respond very well to mod's. ford used the roots style blower for 1 main reason a torque curv that is amazingly flat!! chevy ppl have always said how flat the lt1's torque curve is. just go on stangnet and check it out for yourself 1000 rpm's is at like 300 ft lbs!! a torque curve dosnt get any flatter than that. the roots style charger also makes amazing #'s at very low rpm;s. this is shown with the 03's peak torkue being under 4K. supercharging from the factory has been more than proven to work great by ford. take the old t-bird such as the landau coups, they made near 400 hp back in the early 60's!! and the gt 40 has been doing it since 67. the 03 will be under 35k. so there is no price barrier there. if you can afford a SS you can afford a 03 COBRA. i guarantee with some exhaust work the car will see over 400 hp.
also the SS and 03 COBRA are not good comparisons. a better comparison for a SS would be the new mach 1. it just pulled a 12.94 in stock trim!! the only thing that was changer were the tires. to dr's not even full slicks. and it was 95 degrees that day. all in all with the advent of the 03 cobra the new mach 1 and the new gt40 ford has more than filled the void for the performance oriented rear wheel drive market.

Adam
05-08-2002, 06:35 PM
On 2002-05-08 03:02, 5L_rice_eater wrote:
the ratio front to rear is 57/43. thats not to bad in my opinion. most muscle cars are front heavy. ford has come a long way. a part of the ss's demise was its inability to pass emissions set for 04. ford went the s/c route for a few reasons. #1 it a tried and true way to make big hp. ie the lightning near 500 hp from a 5.4 liter thats damn good.
#2 the 4.6 liter already has a solid aftermarket
#3 has no problems passing emissions 04 emissions standards.
#4 keeps mpg's down.
#5 the list goes on. imports have been doing this for years now, every ricer dreams of a turbo or 2. suddenly when ford does it. it becomes a big deal. sure ford could have put the 5.4 liter motor and made it get some good h.p #'s but why not just go the easiest route?? tale a popluar motor with a extensive aftermarket and add somnething to it?? anyone who knows anything about cars knows that a non naturaly asperated car will respond very well to mod's. ford used the roots style blower for 1 main reason a torque curv that is amazingly flat!! chevy ppl have always said how flat the lt1's torque curve is. just go on stangnet and check it out for yourself 1000 rpm's is at like 300 ft lbs!! a torque curve dosnt get any flatter than that. the roots style charger also makes amazing #'s at very low rpm;s. this is shown with the 03's peak torkue being under 4K. supercharging from the factory has been more than proven to work great by ford. take the old t-bird such as the landau coups, they made near 400 hp back in the early 60's!! and the gt 40 has been doing it since 67. the 03 will be under 35k. so there is no price barrier there. if you can afford a SS you can afford a 03 COBRA. i guarantee with some exhaust work the car will see over 400 hp.
also the SS and 03 COBRA are not good comparisons. a better comparison for a SS would be the new mach 1. it just pulled a 12.94 in stock trim!! the only thing that was changer were the tires. to dr's not even full slicks. and it was 95 degrees that day. all in all with the advent of the 03 cobra the new mach 1 and the new gt40 ford has more than filled the void for the performance oriented rear wheel drive market.

Yeah but I'd still like to see ford bring back the 5L.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Adam on 2002-05-08 18:36 ]</font>

Racer X
05-08-2002, 09:50 PM
I see the shit talking never ceases,this is the 2nd time you have called me out about shit,i think its funny,our old argument was months ago,just let it go and get over it. :smile: I am just more a camaro guy,i will give the stang this much for 87-92 verse the Camaro,the 5.0 liter chevy was nothing compared to the 5.0 Ford, but the 350 turned the tables,and in 93,well we wont even get into that,its been 15 years that the Camaro has been on top stock for stock at the strip,hurrrrrah for Ford,now come and get the Z06. :lol:

Poonstang
05-08-2002, 11:44 PM
On 2002-05-08 21:50, Racer X wrote:
Why did you post that the 2003 Cobra has 390 rwhp?,i thought that was 390 at the crank,am i wrong?,that is how cars are rated,when do you see a mag give hp to the wheels in its a stats?I dont care either way,i have heard the 2003 Cobra ran 12.9 in Car and Driver and 12.4 from here,and 11.7 from a stang owner,i just cant wait to see one on the street. :smile:

Actually, they pulled 370rwhp recently, which is around 425hp. Its a rule of thumb to add at least .3-.5 to every time in the Car and Driver magazine. Those guys can't drive for shit, I'm sure you know. They listed the newer z28's at 13.8.....come on now....we all know what they really do.

5L_rice_eater
05-09-2002, 12:06 AM
hurrrrrah for Ford,now come and get the Z06. :lol:

it has been a long time coming for ford to build a car that is pure h.p as they did with the 03 cobra. we will just have to wait and see when it hits the street what its all about. oh btw as for the above quote have you seen the new gt40?? with 500 hp and 50 foot pounds of torqu it has vette killer written all over it. no flame just facts. and yes for has stated it will soon be a production vehicle. this is originaly the car that handed ferrari its ass in lamans. and for has just started making it again to do the same to the vette.

Adam
05-09-2002, 12:21 AM
Why did you post that the 2003 Cobra has 390 rwhp?,i thought that was 390 at the crank,am i wrong?,that is how cars are rated,when do you see a mag give hp to the wheels in its a stats?I dont care either way,i have heard the 2003 Cobra ran 12.9 in Car and Driver and 12.4 from here,and 11.7 from a stang owner

I never said it had 390rwhp... I said it had 360rwhp and 400rwhp without the exhaust. These numbers were done by Larocca's. That 390 @ crank figure was from Ford and it was severely underrated. As for generic car magazines: those guys can't drive for shit. Magazines that specialize in a specific car can get the best times out of it. Eg... Muscle and Mustangs and Fast Fords were running high 13s in a Stock 02' GT (May issue) and they are the same guys that got that time for the 03 Cobra. Chevy High Perf got a high 11s time on a SS on slicks. Now then there's car and driver. These highly skilled experts manage to run a 13.1s in a Z06! LOL! HAHAHA! :lol: Generic car mags are a joke. They are concerned about ergonomics and if there is a 4 cup holder or 2 cup holder.

STOCKLS1
05-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Evan Smith is the King!
(the driver for MM&amp;FF, for those who don't know)

sohc_stang
05-10-2002, 12:21 AM
i know for a fact a stock SS wont do well with 8 psi like the cobra because of something call compression. You would have lower the compression on an LS1 before you can make 8 psi run safely on your car. On the other hand, as ive mentioned before, the 4 valve cobra motors loove boost, and can easily handle 8-9 psi in stock trim safely. The point im making, is that a blown cobra and a blown SS would make about the same hp if they both had a blower that would make them produce the most boost safely with stock internals, respectively. Im not trying to flame the LS1, because i know the potential they have with heads/cam/nos :cool:

1FastWS6
05-10-2002, 09:33 AM
A friend of mine with a 01 SS runnin a 9 psi vortech on his stock (internals) LS1. Hes had it on for about 10K with no probs other than going throgh too many sets of tires. He also dynoed at 508 RWHP. He has a bunch of bolt ons, but just the basics (Lid, exhaust, ignition, wires, plugs....)

Granted I agree that he should have lowered compression beacause I don't know how long a 10.5-1 comp with 9 psi will hold up. But he does have some sick rwhp on the vortech.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p01fd545f1672345f6d961ae258a6391b/fdca026d.jpg

Bunch of mods :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1FastWS6 on 2002-05-10 09:35 ]</font>

FiveOGT
05-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Ford,now come and get the Z06. :lol:

Since when are the Corvette and Mustang in the same class? Yea the mustang got a little more expensive, but by no means is it a sports car. It's still a good old American muscle car. Corvette is a sports car. Compare a Mustang to a Camaro/Firebird.

Racer X
05-10-2002, 12:45 PM
I know but the camaro and firbird are gone,and the mustang came into the same class when the Cobra R became more expensive then the vette. :grin:

5L_rice_eater
05-10-2002, 04:07 PM
hey racer x i liked how you slipped in the last part about the samll block chevy. i almost didnt catch that. here chech it out
http://www.stangnet.com/shows/gt40/gt40specs.html &lt;-spec's.
http://www.stangnet.com/shows/gt40/pics/indexpage1.htm &lt;--pic's

Racer X
05-12-2002, 06:28 PM
You gotta like that,SBC,theo nyl eay to make a ford go,JK. :smile:

Poonstang
05-12-2002, 06:51 PM
On 2002-05-12 18:28, Racer X wrote:
theo nyl eay to make a ford go,JK.

What?

5L_rice_eater
05-12-2002, 08:17 PM
On 2002-05-12 18:28, Racer X wrote:
You gotta like that,SBC,theo nyl eay to make a ford go,JK. :smile:

NOOOOOO!!!! leave the D.O.D> where it is!! you cankill someone with that thing!!
i thought you might like the GT40. 500 hp should make her cruise.

HMMMNNNNN yes ill run to my local ford dealership and buy 2!! 1 for work and 1 to drive to middy on fri- nights. probly have a buch of neons with hood lights try to run me. lol

1slowcar
05-13-2002, 08:07 AM
03 cobra will kill an older f-body but i dont know if it will kill the new one..hey does anyone know when chevy is making their cars again... you know what im talking about, right

onesillynotch
05-13-2002, 03:31 PM
On 2002-05-10 09:33, 1FastWS6 wrote:

Granted I agree that he should have lowered compression beacause I don't know how long a 10.5-1 comp with 9 psi will hold up. But he does have some sick rwhp on the vortech.

my buddies stang was running 14#s on a 10.5:1 with only fuel ish being 24# injectors and a 255 intake pump running 10.2's so its all in the tuning

Eriks88GT
05-14-2002, 02:28 PM
When my 88GT was stock I never lost to any 3rd generation Fbody. Now that it is modded, I only have close races with new Cobras, and Fbodies. I read the same about the 2003 Cobra running 12.4 with STOCK tires. Supercharged or not, it is only 281 ci. compared to 346 in the Fbody. Besides the car is able to make serious power but it needs help pulling air. By the way RacerX, get a clue. You abviously don't know that much about what you are talking about. The 2003 Cobra is going for $35,000 for Coupe and 3 grand more for the convertable. Yes they have a few Cobras made to test and sell. They will be available this summer or fall I believe. As for the Mach 1 I haven't seen anything on performance and I live on Mustang articles. :cool:

Phil99TA
05-14-2002, 03:50 PM
On 2002-05-10 09:33, 1FastWS6 wrote:
A friend of mine with a 01 SS runnin a 9 psi vortech on his stock (internals) LS1. Hes had it on for about 10K with no probs other than going throgh too many sets of tires. He also dynoed at 508 RWHP. He has a bunch of bolt ons, but just the basics (Lid, exhaust, ignition, wires, plugs....)

I'm kind of surprised myself how well the LS1s seem to be holding up with the Vortech kits. Although I think the key is that they pull out a shitload of timing with the supplied tuning. Also I don't think too many guys are seeing a true 9psi.

Your buddy making 508rwhp is very impressive. Most of the guys are making 460-470 with stock engines. If he can hook that thing and not break anything that should be an easy 10 second car.