PDA

View Full Version : custom turbo setup: PVC pipes for charge pipes?

Sol Kid
02-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Hey guys I'm planning a custom turbo setup for my 95 del Sol and I've heard of some people using PVC piping for their charge pipes. Some people have told me that the PVC might melt. Anyone have any experience with this or know someone who has? My budget for this project is very tight, that's why I'm considering using PVC, also I think it might be a little easier.

Also, I hear that the majority of the time, you can't keep your AC when you do a custom turbo because the piping bumps into the AC compressor. Is there a way around this?

fataLLightning
02-15-2003, 11:24 PM
pvc will most definitely melt, you could maybe MAYBE use PVC after the intercooler, but why half ass it, sections of piping arent that expensive, pvc is just... undersireable. plus if it melts it gives off noxious fumes

Toda Party
02-15-2003, 11:28 PM
melted plastic fumes smell so good...

XAcidManX
02-16-2003, 06:24 PM
melted plastic fumes get you HIGH

and coat your lungs and you die! Which might be good cause your so cheap. Fool

tegboy
02-17-2003, 03:29 PM
why dont you try that on YOUR car and tell me how it goes...youll be a great innovator if it works...or something...yeah...

TypeSHLuder
03-05-2003, 08:10 PM
I wanna know why people have big plans for their cars then do it half assed. If ur gonna do something, save up for however long it takes and do it right the first time. Just thought i'd add my 2 cents to this board.......

Sol Kid
03-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Just because it's easier and cheaper doesn't make it half-assed...and by the way, I'm not doing PVC after all, I've heard too many horror stories about PVC melting...

tegboy
03-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Just because it's easier and cheaper doesn't make it half-assed...and by the way, I'm not doing PVC after all, I've heard too many horror stories about PVC melting...

yes, it is half assed :gay:

imported_StickyRice
03-13-2003, 08:56 AM
melting PVC = ToxiC FumES!!