PDA

View Full Version : how good is this turbo for an H23 engine?

XxMuGeNô¿ôPoWeRxX
01-20-2003, 04:41 PM
I am uncertain of the amount of boost that I want to be running at this time. I am wanting to build my car into a road car, NOT A DRAG CAR.

I am thinking about getting the mugen coilover set. So far that is the one that has impressed me the most.

As for an exhaust, I like my car to be sleepy if you know what I mean. NO rice will be flowing out the back end of my car!! I will be contacting king motorsports in the next few days asking them if they could custom mandrel bend me a 4th gen 3" exhaust with their twin loop muffler. I'm sure they can AND will do that, if you can drop your car off at their shop and say "I want my car like this....." then I think they can do me that one thing.

As for a body kit....I'm not sure. I like the big mouth kit by wings west. Its not all riced out looking compared to what I've seen elsewhere. The opening in the front bumper is just right to let a decent size intercooler breath :) .

As for the rest of the engine, their are a couple good shops up in Seattle who can resleeve my block. Crower, ACT, & Crane should be able to take care of the rest.

I'll also be relying on king motorsports technical expertise on Honda's to give me advice on what cam grind would give me the best performance as a road car.

Any sugestions would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

clarkymckrash
01-20-2003, 09:09 PM
the exhaust setup that you are talking about sounds a little restrictive for a turbo motor.if you want to run full exhaust i'd suggest a smaller turbo,or live with the rice sound.with full exhaust yo'll never get that thing to spool.

XxMuGeNô¿ôPoWeRxX
01-20-2003, 10:38 PM
the exhaust setup that you are talking about sounds a little restrictive for a turbo motor.if you want to run full exhaust i'd suggest a smaller turbo,or live with the rice sound.with full exhaust yo'll never get that thing to spool.

Obviously you dont know the purpose behind the mugen twin loop muffler.
I will be having the exhaust tubing custom made to 3", which is fine for my application. And no I will not be having that "rice sound".

Anonymous
01-22-2003, 02:26 PM
im not sure about how well it fits ur engine but, i dont like the look of the turbo itself, there is something about it that makes it look cheap to me.

this sounds kinda stupid but, i dont like the background. just sitting on the floor like that......something about it makes me think your not dealing with 100% professionals.

XxMuGeNô¿ôPoWeRxX
01-23-2003, 06:37 PM
im not sure about how well it fits ur engine but, i dont like the look of the turbo itself, there is something about it that makes it look cheap to me.

this sounds kinda stupid but, i dont like the background. just sitting on the floor like that......something about it makes me think your not dealing with 100% professionals.

I dunno why you think it looks "cheap". And as far as the background, where would you recommend them to put the turbo for a picture? If you look close enough its on some sort of cloth. So its not on the ground.

sk8rmike
01-24-2003, 12:03 AM
i think it's bigger then what you need.

go find a t3 off ebay, much better size for you, only should cost you roughly 250-300 bux.

SleepersOwn
02-10-2003, 07:23 PM
i think the turbo will give you substantial gains, if your looking for over 300whp that turbo is good easily right for you just expect a lil more lag, as far as a street car, i would suggest getting a t3/t4 for faster spool up ( some streets dont allow the time for spooling ) but the better question is what are you hp goals ?, figure out what you really want out of the car and think realistically,but please, dont go crazy trying to get insane hp out of a internally stock engine ( i'm sure you can figure out what will happen ) oh and just an observational comment but.. you say something about nothing ricey on your car and wanting your car to be " sleepy " and yet your getting a body kit ? wtf is that about ? there is no point in body kits unless you like rice. I dont understand what you mean about a " twin loop muffler " but your going good with the 3" outlet. all and all, with proper fuel management and dyno time, looks good