PDA

View Full Version : will a si intake fit on a dx?(thepipe,notmanifold)



kurtis
03-25-2002, 08:08 PM
..subject..

infrar3d
03-25-2002, 08:14 PM
hmm..i belive it will, not to sure, if its a CAI then probaly not, or with minor modifications. but a short ram should bolt right on.

Enternal
03-26-2002, 01:25 AM
I have a 92 hatch with a b16 swap, the intake i got for my engine is the one for the newer b16a si's, Aem said to use that one, and it fits in my car just fine, hopefully this helps.

Pinoystylz
03-26-2002, 03:53 AM
me and my friend accendentaly ordered a CAI from ICEMAN for a SI 2000, but my friend has a civic hatch. 93. With a little modification we were able to fit the CAI iceman into his hatch.!

Quad-Damage
03-26-2002, 05:21 PM
I don't belive it will fit. Becuse your eng is a none VTEC. and they are made differnetly and are different sizes...Give it a try tho..But im almost sure you will have to cut and or bend to make it work

Wildyellowpony02
03-26-2002, 05:44 PM
On 2002-03-26 17:21, Quad-Damage wrote:
I don't belive it will fit. Becuse your eng is a none VTEC. and they are made differnetly and are different sizes...Give it a try tho..But im almost sure you will have to cut and or bend to make it work



I agree :grin:

Quad-Damage
03-26-2002, 05:47 PM
On 2002-03-26 17:44, Civicbabe143 wrote:


On 2002-03-26 17:21, Quad-Damage wrote:
I don't belive it will fit. Becuse your eng is a none VTEC. and they are made differnetly and are different sizes...Give it a try tho..But im almost sure you will have to cut and or bend to make it work



I agree :grin:



:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Wildyellowpony02
03-26-2002, 05:59 PM
On 2002-03-26 17:47, Quad-Damage wrote:


On 2002-03-26 17:44, Civicbabe143 wrote:


On 2002-03-26 17:21, Quad-Damage wrote:
I don't belive it will fit. Becuse your eng is a none VTEC. and they are made differnetly and are different sizes...Give it a try tho..But im almost sure you will have to cut and or bend to make it work



I agree :grin:



:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:



:wink:

nema741
03-26-2002, 09:44 PM
geez, some of you like to post whore.. i won't mention any names :roll: :roll: caugh.. But almost all intakes generally can fit most cars with minor modifications.

kurtis
03-26-2002, 11:28 PM
word.
thanks, i was just wondering about where it bolts up to the intake manifold, yeh i might have to do some modification but hell
$5.00 for the intake, i dont car if it fits or not i can sell it to some kid out there.

oh yeh, EX=vtec and the intake works on my DX=nonvtec, but since a si might have bigger intake manifold? does it? i havnt looked at a si motor in awhile...i dunno id still buy it if it didnt fit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kurtis on 2002-03-26 23:31 ]</font>

JDM Civic
03-27-2002, 12:36 AM
you need to mate it to the throttle body and under the hood down to the front bumper/fender area. &lt; If its a CAI..

Never tried it but i think it should be good to go.

kurtis
03-27-2002, 02:41 AM
nah, its not a cold air...just a regular intake.
hell its worth a try.