PDA

View Full Version : SRS light stays on.... HELP!!!

nemesismachine
11-18-2002, 07:57 AM
just got my car put back together. brought it in to get a 4 wheel alignment, and now the SRS light stays on. any ideas? i was told it happens, and just needs to be reset. but i tried, to no avail. anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous
11-18-2002, 09:23 AM
red SRS light? you did the ecu reset? (pull the ecu fuse, and disconnect battery for 3min)

sleepycivic
11-18-2002, 02:41 PM
in a 92+ civic/integra to reset the srs light you need to find 2 plugs by your ecu (passenger side kick panel.)
they should have blue connectors. one will be a 3 prong connector the other will be a 2 prong. the 2 prong is the one you use.
now honda sells this connector that goes on that 2 prong connector, all its does is run a wire from one prong to another. you can do the same thing with a paper clip. take a paper clip and put one end in one prong, and the other end in the other prong. this will "short out" the connector. then turn your car to the 'on' position. then turn it off and pull out the paper clip.
this wont hurt your car, i do it all the time to mine to change the timing.
if you are uncomfortable with doing this just take it to a honda/acura dealership and they can do it for you.
josh

XAcidManX
11-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Do you guys happen to know how to reset one in an 1988 Mercedes 260E? My light is on. It was suppose to go on in 1998 according to the manual so you would take it to the dealership and they could sucker more money out of you, but mine is retarded and can't tell time.